Has anyone from GGG acknowledged or apologized for the last few leagues?

I apologize for GGG not apologizing for something they shouldn't apologize for.

We good?
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
My guess, their books are cooked. Like the Chinese companies on the NYSE unwilling to comply with US regulations.

Cooked books? C'mon man, that is just silly.

That is precisely what I addressed in the now removed post, but I suspect it was the other half of the response (to which Therion referred) that earned it the Nuke From Orbit. It was likely too intricate to be effectively edited for content so beepbeepbeepbeepBOOOOOOM it is.

OTOH who fuckin' knows. I have this unfortunate habit of weaving scathing criticism into my otherwise carefully researched argumentation. Man, I really agonised over just how many zeroes there are in 375 billion and what sort of percentage of that 100 million might be. The former is Tencent Holdings' net value (according to wiki as of Nov 22) and the latter is roughly the net value of GGG on paper (according to the 2021 financial report, although I acknowledge that's a much more complicated situation). I am GOING to assume that this portion of what I wrote was not what got it deleted, since it's all public knowledge. My *conclusions*, on the other hand, obviously didn't put GGG and PoE in the brightest light so that might have been it.

Then again I did separate the two responses quite clearly so...as I said, who knows. My signature sums up my sentiments.

PS speaking of cooking books, UU, today I learned that the Ukrainian word for 'eagle' is the same as the Russian: орел (Orel). I wanted to use 'raptor' as a title but fucking Spielburg and Crichton have corrupted the true meaning of that word for all time and even I can't pretend readers wouldn't see a little t-rex wannabe every time they saw it. RIP Latin-derived avian predator.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 22, 2022, 12:41:10 AM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
My guess, their books are cooked. Like the Chinese companies on the NYSE unwilling to comply with US regulations.

Cooked books? C'mon man, that is just silly.

If anyone was wondering what Charan said before it was this. No fathomable idea why it got memory holed.
It's sort of tempting to micro-post it all back just to see which part doesn't survive (maybe the bit about the scab and the corpulent mass? Or where I said being called 'kid' on the internet is actually a compliment when you're older than 40?) but I only remember the really good bits. Quod Erat Demonslayum. That and I'm sure such a wilful test of boundaries by someone who ostensibly helped set those boundaries up would send Communitye_Team to death con 3 and me straight into 'contact me at The_Scourge on reddit' mode. Nthx.

At any rate, I was ultimately defending GGG on at least two distinct fronts (no, they don't owe you an apology; no, they don't cook their books) so it's not like it was done because I was attacking them directly. Chalk it up the 'the Board works in mysterious ways'.

Moving on...

__

So the next step to me would be, in lieu of corporate apology (or maybe as a superior offering), a league or two that somehow pleases the majority of players (never all, never ever). And were GGG to deliver that, would the players asking for an apology recognise that they'd been handed something as good if not better? They want actions, not words, after all.

I'm only being like 35% rhetorical there. Okay, maybe 36.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

So the next step to me would be, in lieu of corporate apology (or maybe as a superior offering), a league or two that somehow pleases the majority of players (never all, never ever). And were GGG to deliver that, would the players asking for an apology recognise that they'd been handed something as good if not better? They want actions, not words, after all.

"Saying "I'm sorry!"
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say but if you only knew
How easy, it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know"

As to your eagle problem. How about "aquila", the actual Latin word for eagle?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
No , but they are throwing nerfs again though
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"

"Saying "I'm sorry!"
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say but if you only knew
How easy, it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know"

As to your eagle problem. How about "aquila", the actual Latin word for eagle?

I dunno, that's a little extreme don't you think?

How about...Sorry is just another word for nothin' left to lose? Good enough for me and my Bobby McGeeGeeGee.

__

On Eagles, Noses, Wands, and Heaven being a Place On Earth
I think I used 'aquiline' as an adjective in B1 (God, it was probably a nose, because why make one rookie mistake when you can make 'em all?). Also, Aquila is a city in Italy so that might be a weird invocation for a Not-Earth (okay fine I used a real city name from China BUT for a city, not a rank). Besides, stepping away from bastardised Greek/Latin and towards bastardised/phoneticised Slavic/Cyrillic was ultimate a good thing, for two reasons: mainly to give it a little more of a specific cultural tinge, but also because the last thing anyone wants to be mistaken for at this point is a JK wannabe.

Orel is actually pronounced something closer to 'Ahriel' which looks perfectly Bog Standard Fantasy so yay me.

Oh and I edited in a Carmina Burana reference. And a Soul Edge one. That's how I keep myself entertained writing Bog Standard Fantasy -- see how many of them I can sneak in. B1 has an album's worth of Belinda Carlisle song title references...

Apologize for what?

is gud game.

GGG isn't who's killing PoE though, A certain community offering endless "services" is one of the biggest causes, When everything becomes a service what is left of the "game"

literally going to be the end of PoE if they don't do anything to stop it, You can blame that-particular-community for getting harvest nerfed and all your other favorite mechanics they turned into a service to be gatekept on their private server.

Open your eyes exiles.
Innocence forgives you
"
Apologize for what?

is gud game.

GGG isn't who's killing PoE though, A certain community offering endless "services" is one of the biggest causes, When everything becomes a service what is left of the "game"

literally going to be the end of PoE if they don't do anything to stop it, You can blame that-particular-community for getting harvest nerfed and all your other favorite mechanics they turned into a service to be gatekept on their private server.

Open your eyes exiles.

Ummmmm, a system GGG has allowed to flourish and takes no steps to make obsolete? OpEn Yur EyEs ExIlE
"
Royella wrote:
"
Apologize for what?

is gud game.

Open your eyes exiles.

Ummmmm, a system GGG has allowed to flourish and takes no steps to make obsolete? OpEn Yur EyEs ExIlE

It's actually both, to a degree.

GGG outsourcing everything big in the QoL department to the community has lead us to this point.

I find it shocking how large a role POB, Craft of Exile, Awakened PoE overlay, TFT, and more, play in the overall game experience. Hell they had to pay Neversink an undisclosed amount of money for an item filter lol. (After offering to buy him out to relocate)

GGG stubborness aside on trade, not in-housing key functions is super problematic.

That's said their backtrack on AN was some unexpected humility on their part. Perhaps the hundreds of thousands of players that left 3.19 in less than two weeks had something to do with it, but either way a net positive for players.

Maybe there is some hope, but they need to get cracking on whatever Bex is alluding too and PoE 4.0 before 2024.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 22, 2022, 4:21:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info