Has anyone from GGG acknowledged or apologized for the last few leagues?

Their earnings are public, reddit makes a big deal about them every time they're out. Everyone saying their conjecture 'proves' anything is laughable.
My guess, their books are cooked. Like the Chinese companies on the NYSE unwilling to comply with US regulations.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Yeah...

They're going to apologize to you. For providing you a game. For free.

lol
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

The loss of money can be proven pretty easilly with steam online chart which is somewhat stable baseline for math.

Does that show how much people are spending then?

Of course not. And Foreverhappychan wrote a lengthy explanation why not, that sadly got deleted.
As did Ivanovv83's reply to that.

In short:

You could assume that fewer customers MUST mean loss of profit.
But you also can't know with PoE (and other F2Ps) that those who left actually were customers, and what kind of customers (spending pennies, a few bucks or $$$).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
xaerobb wrote:
"
Terzian wrote:
The prevailing opinion, last I checked, was that GGG was falling on their own sword out of pride and arrogant stupidity.

GGG has no reason to apologize to anyone, regardless of how the game looked or how some individual perceived it.
Many frustrations stem from the fact that the game is free, therefore many players think that they can, or have the right to influence the development of the game as they see fit.
Stupidity.
If you don't like a game, move on to another one, there are a million available.

[Removed by Support]

If you want to play the game seriously, you cant avoid bying a lot of stash tab, starting with premium to sell item without struggling on the WS

And the price of Tabs is not a joke: 15 $ for 1 map tab xD

Every people complaining about the state of the game have enough knowledge about the game to realize what the problem is and therefore have paid at least 30$ to buy tabs or cosmetics
Last edited by Will_GGG on Nov 21, 2022, 5:13:00 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Of course not. And Foreverhappychan wrote a lengthy explanation why not, that sadly got deleted.

Oh wow. I didn't even get a notification -- probably because it didn't break any of the rules in any explicit sense. Oh well. I went to quite a lot of effort too! Post took well over an hour of research and editing. Pearls before swine, I tells ya. I should have written it in word as i do my other 'serious' posts.

I'm glad you got to see it before it was sent the way of my main account at least. :)

Let's see if I can gently repost what probably DIDN'T warrant instant deletion.

...Yeah, nah. Couldn't be fucked. One-time only deal.

Yet one more apology I don't expect from GGG. Appropriate, given the thread's title!

See how long this one lasts.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 21, 2022, 7:46:06 AM
"
My guess, their books are cooked. Like the Chinese companies on the NYSE unwilling to comply with US regulations.

Cooked books? C'mon man, that is just silly.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

You could assume that fewer customers MUST mean loss of profit.
But you also can't know with PoE (and other F2Ps) that those who left actually were customers, and what kind of customers (spending pennies, a few bucks or $$$).

I'd have to look back, but I think inside the CSH video interview that Chris said a low amount of player accounts for the vast amount of total revenue. I think it was less than a quarter of the playerbase = 80% revenue.

If that's true, and they know it, I'm sure it gives them some confidence to give less fucks overall with some complaints.

That said, nobody should be happy about plummeting retention numbers, including Tencent. Having many hundreds of thousands try a legaue (great!) only to say fuck this and leave in record time (big oof), isnt exactly something to be stoked about.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 21, 2022, 4:57:17 PM
"
Terzian wrote:
The prevailing opinion, last I checked, was that GGG was falling on their own sword out of pride and arrogant stupidity.

Have they recognized as much and committed to reverting or rolling back any of the many atrociously foolish things they have done to the game over the last few major patches?

Just wondering if I should stay gone.

They have outlined things they did and outlined ways they are going to change things they did; which sounds great to me. After all, no one asked me to come to POE, I came on my own, GGG doesn't owe me anything and if I decide to leave, the game will move on because I'm really not that important.
☼ Buying Atzitis Vault Maps STD #3497488 League #3490751
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info