Has anyone from GGG acknowledged or apologized for the last few leagues?

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
people come up with the most ridicilous stuff such as GGG needing to apologize to community for WHAT? how about you get down on your knees and be grateful they released other 50 enjoyable leagues FOR FREE and that they add FREE CONTENT every 3 months we are so extremely lucky with a company like GGG this could been a bilion times worse it would be like china p2w or diablo immortal so be grateful that they arent there will be some leagues who are bad but its inevitable it will happen but most times they got amazing leagues the audacity of some people is crazy

Stop with the "for free" bullshit.
The game requiers at least 2-3 stash tabs bought to be adequately playable..
And the marketing strategy is coolish clothes and gear.
Absolutely nothing is free anywhere.
The so called ,,free,, players actually pay with their mere presence ( as population) for the other ppl which pay actual cash.

Go learn some economy books regarding internet marketing before white knighting like a child.
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
people come up with the most ridicilous stuff such as GGG needing to apologize to community for WHAT? how about you get down on your knees and be grateful they released other 50 enjoyable leagues FOR FREE and that they add FREE CONTENT every 3 months we are so extremely lucky with a company like GGG this could been a bilion times worse it would be like china p2w or diablo immortal so be grateful that they arent there will be some leagues who are bad but its inevitable it will happen but most times they got amazing leagues the audacity of some people is crazy

Stop with the "for free" bullshit.
The game requiers at least 2-3 stash tabs bought to be adequately playable..
And the marketing strategy is coolish clothes and gear.
Absolutely nothing is free anywhere.
The so called ,,free,, players actually pay with their mere presence ( as population) for the other ppl which pay actual cash.

Go learn some economy books regarding internet marketing before white knighting like a child.

This game requires like 40 bucks to invest in stash tabs and thats it not a penny more and they still add free content every 3 months you are still gonna complain about THAT!? you wanna compare other FREE TO PLAY games and how much you need invest in them to make any progress? the answer is thousands go play your lost ark or black desert online or gachi games where you need throw thousands every month you people are ridicilous who complain about GGG and how "BAD" they are
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Nov 17, 2022, 5:38:56 PM
Apologize?
Get a grip.
hoho.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Honestly they have no obligation to apology or anything, that's not how game design works or should work. Devs do what they want, hate it or not, all we can hope they listen to the majority and not the vocal minority (which is probably also the part of the players than demand apologies or worse).
Last edited by leto2626 on Nov 17, 2022, 6:40:17 PM
"
leto2626 wrote:
Honestly they have no obligation to apology or anything, that's not how game design works or should work. Devs do what they want, hate it or not, all we can hope they listen to the majority and not the vocal minority (which is probably also the part of the players than demand apologies or worse).

That's a bit myopic no?

There is absolutely a sales component in game design and development. Tons of money in game design is spent on research, marketing, data analysis on player behavior, psychology impacts for monetization strategies and more.

Now I'm not saying they need to apologize (which in fairness CW has done MANY times), but it's also not totally out of the realm of possibility that they might need a offer a mea culpa every now and again when hundreds of thousands abandon the product after a release.

Shelving AN for example is likely a big plate of humble pie from a dev perspective. I'm sure a huge amount of resources went into that endeavor to begin with.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

The thing that baffles me the most is tha GGG knows the leagues wete bad and they lose money from bad rep, but still continue the vision...

I haven't seen hard proof that they are losing money so I can't speak to that (game as service profitability is far less tied to its absolute player count in any one moment than game as product, where you can simply look at units sold; as a former whale, that much I do know), but I am a huge fan of game dev companies sticking to their vision, especially when it leads to a phoenix scenario a la No Man's Sky or FFXIV.

But it's sort of hard to throw the word "vision" around when you don't even own your own game anymore, having sold it almost entirely to a parent company whose idea of "vision" seems to be little more than "make absolutely fucktonnes of money in an environment not always conducive to standard business practices".

It's sort of hard to take them seriously when they say "vision" when ignoring that vision for years is how they went from homegrown to Chinese-owned. How they pivoted from providing a game for their players and instead setting up a platform for popular streamers and their parasocial performances.

It's REALLY hard to accept any sort of adherence to "vision" when a game dev very likely and possibly even subconsciously designs future content not around said vision but instead anticipated regional censorship.

And it is impossible to consider this "vision" when you remember you are not playing the "domestic" version of the game -- you are on the "international" version of Path of Exile. This is not a matter of semantics but of perception and implication. Game is developed in New Zealand, seemingly almost exclusively, in English first and foremost I imagine...but it's the international version you call home; the domestic one is full of mtxes that if released internationally would empty the servers quicker than any Twitter office.

Vision. I laugh at GGG's specious usage of the word, just as I laugh at anyone who falls for it.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 18, 2022, 8:15:04 PM
You won't believe how normal people are behind the secrecy of making money and keeping their job going.
"
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

The thing that baffles me the most is tha GGG knows the leagues wete bad and they lose money from bad rep, but still continue the vision...

I haven't seen hard proof that they are losing money so I can't speak to that (game as service profitability is far less tied to its absolute player count in any one moment than game as product, where you can simply look at units sold; as a former whale, that much I do know), but I am a huge fan of game dev companies sticking to their vision, especially when it leads to a phoenix scenario a la No Man's Sky or FFXIV.

But it's sort of hard to throw the word "vision" around when you don't even own your own game anymore, having sold it almost entirely to a parent company whose idea of "vision" seems to be little more than "make absolutely fucktonnes of money in an environment not always conducive to standard business practices".

It's sort of hard to take them seriously when they say "vision" when ignoring that vision for years is how they went from homegrown to Chinese-owned. How they pivoted from providing a game for their players and instead setting up a platform for popular streamers and their parasocial performances.

It's REALLY hard to accept any sort of adherence to "vision" when a game dev very likely and possibly even subconsciously designs future content not around said vision but instead anticipated regional censorship.

And it is impossible to consider this "vision" when you remember you are not playing the "domestic" version of the game -- you are on the "international" version of Path of Exile. This is not a matter of semantics but of perception and implication. Game is developed in New Zealand, seemingly almost exclusively, in English first and foremost I imagine...but it's the international version you call home; the domestic one is full of mtxes that if released internationally would empty the servers quicker than any Twitter office.

Vision. I laugh at GGG's specious usage of the word, just as I laugh at anyone who falls for it.

The loss of money can be proven pretty easilly with steam online chart which is somewhat stable baseline for math. Thank you for reminding me how Tencent is taking the eventual loss of customers of this new vision and not barking back to GGG..
This is actually stranger..
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Nov 20, 2022, 1:20:03 PM
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

The loss of money can be proven pretty easilly with steam online chart which is somewhat stable baseline for math.

Does that show how much people are spending then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info