More ExileCon Tickets Available Soon!

"
tador88 wrote:
Unfortunately, the game is still in an awful state, with all the patches brought live. And this isn't a whine, is a reality. Some people are expressing themselves more eloquent then others, but not matter how the critics are expressed, the main problem behind is, not the game itself, but the trust in GGG.

My personal trust in GGG didn't take a significant hit because of 3.19.
My personal trust in "the community" took a major hit though. Many streamers and creators managed to get their channel removed from my youtube following because of just "singing in tune" with 3rd party developers.

Those 3rd party tool developers where the ones who took the real hit!

"
tador88 wrote:

I know the tickets will be sold out, I know they are still few that are enjoying the game in the current state. But this doesn't mean anything, compared with the number of those that are feeling disappointed and deceived by GGG.

The number of "disappointed" players is very LOW! The volume of those dissapointed players is very high!

"
tador88 wrote:

And because is a problem of trust, this sell is made in the worst possible moment because is yielding at all those who lost their trust "we don't give a dime on you, we care only about money".

Sorry, i seem to don't understand that conclusion. How is it "all about money" to announce an Exilecon at a time where the game is at it's worst?
If it would've been about money, wouldn't it had been "smarter" to announce Exilecon a league earlier when realizing that there were the best player retention numbers in years?
The real reason is that Exilecon was the good news, the slower game progression the bad news, and the patch just the tool.

Longterm you will see, that it was important to slow the progression down.
There was a Level 100 once more at day 2 of the league. That can't be right.

"
tador88 wrote:

I'm not saying this is what GGG intended, but seems just one more failed communication from the many that occur in the last month. And this is why people are complaining in a sale thread.

Just a stupid "they don't talk to me" argument.
They actually do talk. But some people really think, that their personal opinion is worth more, than a developer's working on a single game for about 15 years know.

"
tador88 wrote:

I hope GGG will learn something from all this and soon will take action to make his community happy again. And also, I hope all those who will be on Exilcon, will have a great time along with Chris and GGG team.

What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:

The number of "disappointed" players is very LOW! The volume of those dissapointed players is very high!

Really? Then how do you explain people quitting the league left and right, making this league the worst out of the past 10 leagues, including 3.17 up to this point?

Majority of people actually do not raise their voice. They just leave. Undramatically and with no real noise.
You on the other hand belong to the fraction of players trying to defend GGG´s doing.

Question for you. How much more should they nerf the game until it affects your gameplay? Clearly your, after 3 weeks into the league you have not managed to hit the endgame i suppose? I wonder if that´s the game might be too hard to get the 8 mod challenge on t14+ maps?

What people like you fail to understand is that by defending their doings now you open the path for further adjustments to the game in the future that could easily go to the wrong direction, like 3.15 and 3.19.
Do you want to say that you will fix the fixes in a year
and the game will be fun?
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
Sorry, i seem to don't understand that conclusion. How is it "all about money" to announce an Exilecon at a time where the game is at it's worst?
If it would've been about money, wouldn't it had been "smarter" to announce Exilecon a league earlier when realizing that there were the best player retention numbers in years?
The real reason is that Exilecon was the good news, the slower game progression the bad news, and the patch just the tool.

Longterm you will see, that it was important to slow the progression down.
There was a Level 100 once more at day 2 of the league. That can't be right.

Just a stupid "they don't talk to me" argument.
They actually do talk. But some people really think, that their personal opinion is worth more, than a developer's working on a single game for about 15 years know.

The logic is simple and can't see the reason for what you get confused: a lot of people are still waiting to hear from GGG something about fixing the actual league (something requested extensively). When instead of an answer, you are serving "we have sales" (no matter what they sell), the logical conclusion will be they care only about money, no about people.

And no, they don't talk. They didn't listen their alpha testers before the league, they didn't listen their players after the league start. They just came to say "everything is working as intended" and throw few little changes as a dust in our eyes. But where are the talks about the real problem that players complain about? Where is Chris talking with the community and trying to understand the community point of view? Because none is denying the experience that GGG have in developing the game, but a lot of people don't believe GGG understand how game is feeling for players. Is a huge break between devs and players, and this can't be solved without a real talk, where devs are really listening.

So, how long they will continue ignoring people and just making sales, the conclusion will be "they care only about money". I want to believe that is a wrong conclusion, because I loved this game (and hope I will love it again soon) and I respected GGG and hope I will be able to do it again soon. Until then I can only wish peace for all: players (happy or not) and to GGG team, hoping that peace will came with proper ideas for solving this mess.

P.S. If was just about slowing the game, maybe was few little complains in first day and done. We aren't talking about slowing here.
Last edited by tador88 on Sep 12, 2022, 7:33:04 AM
Wish I could go, just don't have the money to fly to NZ :(
Okay.
I hope they continue their card game this exilecon, would be awesome to look at a few of these cards and watch how the battles are conducted.
This is a buff
I'm having fun this league.

Thanks for listening.

"
tador88 wrote:

I know the tickets will be sold out, I know they are still few that are enjoying the game in the current state. But this doesn't mean anything, compared with the number of those that are feeling disappointed and deceived by GGG.

Are you sure?
Last time I checked most people are absolutely horrified to vaguely dissatisfied with the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info