More ExileCon Tickets Available Soon!

"
A lot of people are still waiting to hear from GGG something about fixing the actual league (something requested extensively).

This amount of people had their conclusion finished day one of the league.
So an obvious bandwaggoning going on here, as "most" of the players reach red maps after about a week or two and are NOT impacted by week one tools to mess with meta andys at all.
What they are affected by in fact are the opinions of their favourite streamers, who were complaining like little children, because their "fun" of getting a MASSIV advantage above everyone else was slowed down a little to harsh this time around.

"
But where are the talks about the real problem that players complain about? Where is Chris talking with the community and trying to understand the community point of view? Because none is denying the experience that GGG have in developing the game, but a lot of people don't believe GGG understand how game is feeling for players. Is a huge break between devs and players, and this can't be solved without a real talk, where devs are really listening.
So, how long they will continue ignoring people and just making sales, the conclusion will be "they care only about money". I want to believe that is a wrong conclusion, because I loved this game (and hope I will love it again soon) and I respected GGG and hope I will be able to do it again soon. Until then I can only wish peace for all: players (happy or not) and to GGG team, hoping that peace will came with proper ideas for solving this mess.

What are the real complains?

1. Archnemesis sucks

My opinion is that Archnemesis is much better than Nemesis was.

2. Loot is "feeling" shit

If you are used to have mirror tier gear end of day 3, i agree, loot sucks.
If you are a "normal" player and allready got 4 6 link corrupted chests until maps, you are probably thinking: "Ohh my, i can't use any of those, but i probably have a sixlink available for my plans.

It's the MASS JUICING that was established as "Meta" over the last leagues which got the big hit.
I understand, that people are upset, that mass juicing gets gated behind extremly hard to kill archnemesis mobs, but i like the fact, that there are culling services building around the new Meta. I guess we just don't know how to cheese archnemesis the proper way.

3. The Lake is worthless

Your world is an illusion Exile ;)

"
P.S. If was just about slowing the game, maybe was few little complains in first day and done. We aren't talking about slowing here.

We are not?

We are talking about "fun" in a game. "Fun" in my opinion is best conserved with "overcoming struggle". It's exactly how RPG's are meant to work.

Pick your weapon and compete under that ruleset-go!

Your weapon might be

- flipping the tradewebsite
- doing Bosses for those who are just to dumb to do it themselfes
- farm stupid harvest to sell it on a third party website which i opened myself
to earn a dime or 2 from my fellow friends
- just playing

All those strategies have one thing in common. Get rich! Get gear! Have Fun!

Progression is meassured in how quickly can you get to the point, where there is no more need for a specific upgrade.

This stage was far to easy to achieve in GGG's eyes and i agree with that.

Here is the point:

GGG KNEW exactly, that they had to do such a thing to ensure futher development.
The question was WHEN?
The answer is: The mid summer league which allways had the worst retention because of summer!

Everyone KNOWS, that it was the right thing to do and the worst possible reaction of a "we the players allways know best" crowd.
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
"
ELEKTROLL wrote:
Wish I could go, just don't have the money to fly to NZ :(

+1
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
"
A lot of people are still waiting to hear from GGG something about fixing the actual league (something requested extensively).

So an obvious bandwaggoning going on here, as "most" of the players reach red maps after about a week or two and are NOT impacted by week one tools to mess with meta andys at all.
What they are affected by in fact are the opinions of their favourite streamers, who were complaining like little children, because their "fun" of getting a MASSIV advantage above everyone else was slowed down a little to harsh this time around.

"
But where are the talks about the real problem that players complain about? Where is Chris talking with the community and trying to understand the community point of view? Because none is denying the experience that GGG have in developing the game, but a lot of people don't believe GGG understand how game is feeling for players. Is a huge break between devs and players, and this can't be solved without a real talk, where devs are really listening.
So, how long they will continue ignoring people and just making sales, the conclusion will be "they care only about money". I want to believe that is a wrong conclusion, because I loved this game (and hope I will love it again soon) and I respected GGG and hope I will be able to do it again soon. Until then I can only wish peace for all: players (happy or not) and to GGG team, hoping that peace will came with proper ideas for solving this mess.

1. Archnemesis sucks

If you are a "normal" player and allready got 4 6 link corrupted chests until maps, you are probably thinking: "Ohh my, i can't use any of those, but i probably have a sixlink available for my plans.

It's the MASS JUICING that was established as "Meta" over the last leagues which got the big hit.
I understand, that people are upset, that mass juicing gets gated behind extremly hard to kill archnemesis mobs, but i like the fact, that there are culling services building around the new Meta. I guess we just don't know how to cheese archnemesis the proper way.

3. The Lake is worthless

"
P.S. If was just about slowing the game, maybe was few little complains in first day and done. We aren't talking about slowing here.

We are not?

We are talking about "fun" in a game. "Fun" in my opinion is best conserved with "overcoming struggle". It's exactly how RPG's are meant to work.

Your weapon might be

- just playing

Progression is meassured in how quickly can you get to the point, where there is no more need for a specific upgrade.

Here is the point:

GGG KNEW exactly, that they had to do such a thing to ensure futher development.
The question was WHEN?
The answer is: The mid summer league which allways had the worst retention because of summer!

Everyone KNOWS, that it was the right thing to do and the worst possible reaction of a "we the players allways know best" crowd.

Thank you for posting this. Most people complaining here dont play or are butthurt because the game slowed down on the excessive handholding.
I play in a group which is mostly SSF but I have not been affected like all those complaining. Yes loot is less but I've had no issues with progression, the changes to AN have been a cherry on top so I can map to my leisure.
The patch isn't the best but its in the right step forward, AN will feel better after more testing and patching.
At least we know that the only reason they sold out was so that people could give them the pitchforks and torches in person.
"
Blank2567 wrote:
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:
"

"

1. Archnemesis sucks

3. The Lake is worthless

"

We are not?

Your weapon might be

- just playing

Here is the point:

The question was WHEN?

Thank you for posting this. Most people complaining here dont play or are butthurt because the game slowed down on the excessive handholding.
I play in a group which is mostly SSF but I have not been affected like all those complaining. Yes loot is less but I've had no issues with progression, the changes to AN have been a cherry on top so I can map to my leisure.
The patch isn't the best but its in the right step forward, AN will feel better after more testing and patching.

I had to do 23 red maps q 20 and alch, to get a vaal orb so I can progress my atlas. Lwt that sink in before you post. And maybe, just maybe I could learn to enjoy the drop nerf, but that cull service thing, is just garbage. I should not have to go to an 3th pt program to inv some1 to finnish my god touch mob, and this IF i'm lucky to see it in time, and not kill it by accident.
Bad timing bro.
I would suggest u delay it to the next league and after fixing the game and removing the Fking ArchNemesis

AND Fk the 1 mob have all loot stupid mechanic and MF culling party

BTW I played the league and still doing im at lvl 98 but I'm not happy with its status and hoping for fix next league
Last edited by LordMerah on Sep 12, 2022, 12:05:42 PM
No one coming to ur shitty event until u reverse the shitty update.
really?
"
1989lexican wrote:
I had to do 23 red maps q 20 and alch, to get a vaal orb so I can progress my atlas. Lwt that sink in before you post. And maybe, just maybe I could learn to enjoy the drop nerf, but that cull service thing, is just garbage. I should not have to go to an 3th pt program to inv some1 to finnish my god touch mob, and this IF i'm lucky to see it in time, and not kill it by accident.

Next time just do the vaal orb recipe.
I am excited for more poe2 news
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info