Enabling the Trade Site for Console Players

"
"
Wilbatron wrote:
to everyone who said they'd NEVER add crossplay eat my cock

This isn't adding crossplay. It's adding the trade website for console, but it's still going to be separated by platform.

They did mention that this was one of the last differences between the two platforms. These differences were the only things preventing them from introducing cross-platform play.

Now all that's left is lockstep on consoles. Though that may be more difficult than it sounds given that they didn't introduce it when they ported the game to consoles
On the manifest they detail how instant trading would be catastrophic due to bots. and I agree..... However. There IS another way.

Make trade remote!

1 -someone can join my party, send me a trade request while im still in the map/heist contract etc and they arent present with me in that map/instance,

2 - I accept

3 - it opens a window similar to harvest where my stash appears next to the trade window. I can place what I need there and trade.

bam. eliminates what everyone hates ( leaving the map, running to stash, loading up, wasting a portal) and also pleases GGG by not making trade instant.

You're welcome GGG
"
TheTimtam wrote:
"
"
Wilbatron wrote:
to everyone who said they'd NEVER add crossplay eat my cock

This isn't adding crossplay. It's adding the trade website for console, but it's still going to be separated by platform.

They did mention that this was one of the last differences between the two platforms. These differences were the only things preventing them from introducing cross-platform play.

Now all that's left is lockstep on consoles. Though that may be more difficult than it sounds given that they didn't introduce it when they ported the game to consoles

Yep, they gotta figure out lockstep still, which is probably going to be the biggest pain of them all. Was just stating that this change isn't enabling crossplay, and it doesn't outright say they are gonna make it crossplay, but that it would be nice if they could. I think when PoE2 comes out it's gonna be crossplay, but I personally would be surprised to see them make the extra effort for it with 1 at this point.

It would be cool though, it would make the prices significantly better on console trade.
Last edited by SlimbonePickins on Aug 16, 2022, 9:21:46 PM
"
Artorianus wrote:
"
Luca Explo wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Just when we thought trading on console couldnt get worse we get this.

[Removed by Support]

This change only enables deal sniping and doesnt fix price-fixing we have to go throough. "We believe this is better for the long term health of the game." What a joke, changes like these and your awful reliance on 3rd party tools is why your peak players online wont rise past 50k (ON PC!).

You all must not even turn on your consoles, I invite you to check out my profile and see for yourself how bad it feels to play this game and support you all, dealing with the hopium that you will make this game playable on console.

[Removed by Support]

Why straight up lie about the numbers though even if you are fuming? You can easily check that PoE has more than 100K online on peaks on steam, not even counting the stand-alone client.

Thats not the point, and hurray, you had 200k on for a few days and they all left after they realized what a mess this game is, woohoo?

So yeah, MY BAD, THE LONG TERM HEALTH PHILOSOPHY IS ENSURING THIS GAME NEVER GOES PAST 50K CONCURRENT PLAYERS. Happy? Is this statement better for you Artorianus?
"
Luca Explo wrote:
"
Artorianus wrote:
"
Luca Explo wrote:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Just when we thought trading on console couldnt get worse we get this.

[Removed by Support]

This change only enables deal sniping and doesnt fix price-fixing we have to go throough. "We believe this is better for the long term health of the game." What a joke, changes like these and your awful reliance on 3rd party tools is why your peak players online wont rise past 50k (ON PC!).

You all must not even turn on your consoles, I invite you to check out my profile and see for yourself how bad it feels to play this game and support you all, dealing with the hopium that you will make this game playable on console.

[Removed by Support]

Why straight up lie about the numbers though even if you are fuming? You can easily check that PoE has more than 100K online on peaks on steam, not even counting the stand-alone client.

Thats not the point, and hurray, you had 200k on for a few days and they all left after they realized what a mess this game is, woohoo?

So yeah, MY BAD, THE LONG TERM HEALTH PHILOSOPHY IS ENSURING THIS GAME NEVER GOES PAST 50K CONCURRENT PLAYERS. Happy? Is this statement better for you Artorianus?

Yeah, much better now without the blatant lie, thank you.
I say we all band together and boycot using their new method. Put your items up on the trade tab and refuse to trade with anyone who private messages you to buy items. Since GGG apparently doesn't listen to feedback they can listen our actions and wallets instead.
Last edited by uGotDumpstrd on Aug 16, 2022, 9:20:11 PM
The direct messages are a nice addition. But why can't we have a proper and convenient trade system if we already have a trade system? That's like... If you're so against trade, just remove it all together like Diablo 3 did, I can't imagine that having a scuffed trade is good.
I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that it should have been done vice versa... Why don't you try godly (acceptable, tolerable, ethical, etc) trading for one league and see how it goes?

No joke, the more I play, the more I'm getting irritated by trading and this is yet another addition to reasons to hate the game...

Just play HCSSF, pleb. It's fun, right?
Problem: Players are having fun in Path of Exile.
Solution: Remove fun.
"
Artorianus wrote:
"
Luca Explo wrote:
"
Artorianus wrote:

Yeah, much better now without the blatant lie, thank you.

Ok ArtoriANUS, such a good post you made. Thank you.

"
uGotDumpstrd wrote:
I say we all band together and boycot using their new method. Put your items up on the trade tab and refuse to trade with anyone who private messages you to buy items. Since GGG apparently doesn't listen to feedback they can listen our actions and wallets instead.

I am going to control the market, price-fix, snipe cheap items with a lot of other people on Xbox because this id absolutely what GGG wants. At leadt until we have a truly unified trade.
this is absolutely horrible. we are console gamers so we dont have to deal with stuff like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info