Zizaran relogauntlet question

"
Aynix wrote:
Go to dictionary/urban dictionary and check what hardcore means.
I looked it up and yeah that's how PoE is.
There is only one difficulty outside of private leagues, so HC is at the highest difficulty and you have one life per character.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hardcore%20mode

No word about logging out manually or by script.
"
KirenaStern wrote:
Not really. Hardcore just means if you die then that's it, you die. What you are doing to prevent that occurring is not relevant, so long as it falls within the bounds of that game's acceptability.

I actually agree in the sense that I would prefer there to be no logout macros, but there are logout macros and the HC community plays with them (vast majority at least) so I'm putting myself at a significant disadvantage if I don't use it.

I do appreciate the arguments around it though.

I do agree that if it's there use it. Why not? But I don't agree with it being allowed. Have our characters remain in the world for a few seconds if we log out or lose connection anywhere but in a town or home.

Other games do it. It's not exactly a novel idea or difficult to implement.

Then hardcore becomes hardcore.
But then HC league would have even less people play it and it would be trully dead.
"
KirenaStern wrote:
Not really. Hardcore just means if you die then that's it, you die.

I was talking about a rather wider definition of "hardcore". The mindset. The dedication. The determination. And then, to train your muscle memory to automatically press a logout macro at the first sign of danger? Forget your gaming definition while I repeat; "there's nothing hardcore about it".

I get that I'm just an observer here, as I don't play hardcore. I did, in D2 back in the days when I had more time on my hands than I knew what to do with. And I don't really care about what is "encouraged" or "allowed". From an observer's point of view, it looks rather ironic in a "hardcore setting".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
thats why i dont watch these idiots

and allso for me personally this have a shit to do with race lmao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info