Zizaran relogauntlet question

Yesterday i watched different streamers at Zizaran Gauntlet event start. All what they do - rush asap (no, ASAP!!!!!11) all content and just reloging all the time when they have any issues.

If this is SO hardcore event, maybe, it requires some additional rules such as "no relog" or "only one character" and "no amphetamine during first few days"? Will be much more interesting to watch streamers, and play too tho.
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2022, 8:00:46 PM
Reasons D3 is superior in so many ways. They have a logout countdown timer so no insta quit cheating, pets are useful for picking up gold, radius pickup for currency, unid all, and account bound items so no cheating with trade or TFT. Ggg how embarrassing!
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"Logout macro" has become a part of the PoE hardcore scene. I find it very weird. I think PoE has to be the only game in the history of games where logging out at the first sign of danger is not only accepted, but more or less encouraged by the HC community.

IMO, the whole idea of logging out at the first sign of danger is so anti-hardcore as it comes. But as I don't play hardcore, I'm not supposed to have an opinion on it, as I'm just a softcore scrub that can't possibly understand anything :)

It doesn't bother me though, other than making certain streams very boring to watch. As long as it's allowed, play the game as you like.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jul 16, 2022, 5:02:36 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
As long as it's allowed, play the game as you like.

True, but it shouldn't be called "hardcore" than :)

"
Phrazz wrote:
but more or less encouraged by the HC community.

I think plenty of us frown on it still because like you say its about the opposite of the HC mentality :p
Feel free to try gauntlet and see how far you get, with or without logging off.

I get annoyed and call out the alt-f4 gameplay when hardcore players get snobby on the forums but we’re not talking about forum snobs who imagine they have skyscraper length penises here. We’re talking about the best players in the game playing the hardest event in the game by the current rules of the game. You should be impressed by what the top players in the gauntlet accomplish instead of belittling them for using every trick in the book for staying alive.
You forgot to add that in addition of it being log-out race its also race pretty much of one build.

How can people watch streamer playing DD for 547th time in a row?
I can't tell if this is satire or not, but in no way, shape, or form is d3 better than poe. Maybe for someone that doesnt want to learn how to craft but the itemization and gearing is miles ahead of d3. D3 is the most mind numbingly boring arpg ive ever played. Season start is completely unplayable and boring after the 3rd day. Not to mention the simple boring "skill tree" in d3. Somehow D3 has more content and D2 is much simpler and a way better game. Mostly because of the way gearing is and how bad rifts/gr/dailies are to do after 1-2 days.
i stopped talking about logout macro in global chat. hc players actually think youre a fucking loser for not using logout macro. and the funny thing is the average global chat player runs the acts, ints, repeats. thats their idea of playing "hardcore"
You can log out instantly without macros, and logging out is sometimes the only way to prevent death in this game. Funny how people don't get this.
Also only hardcore players define hardcore. Any other definition is irrelevant.

Go play the gauntlet and don't log out when you're about to die.
Stream it too. I mean that's what the thread is about. Don't tell others to do it before trying it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info