Zizaran relogauntlet question

"
salomonka wrote:
Yesterday i watched different streamers at Zizaran Gauntlet event start. All what they do - rush asap (no, ASAP!!!!!11) all content and just reloging all the time when they have any issues.

If this is SO hardcore event, maybe, it requires some additional rules such as "no relog" or "only one character" and "no amphetamine during first few days"? Will be much more interesting to watch streamers, and play too tho.

gauntlet would be impossible to play without log out macro, you need to log out when going through acts as theres times u will run out of flasks
boys on that adderall.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
GGG could have implemented a log-out timer during beta ten years ago. This was never a "too hard basket" item or a "we would love to address that at some point" issue. It was a calculated decision based on retention.

Giving players (read: streamers) an "oh shit" button prolongs their engagment, keeps people hooked...and, given GGG's ardent preoccupation with player concurrency (and no doubt twitch viewership stats), anything that keeps people from quitting (but does not come across as overtly pandering to players' fickleness) is of paramount importance.

There is no doubt in my mind that GGG view the ability to hit alt-f4 with expeditious timing in a life or death moment as a skill. Or, as is inevitable, a macro facilitating it.

To them, it is no different to a magic shield or healing potion. Just one available to everyone at any time.

It is, in this light, actually one of the fairest defence mechanisms in any game. You sacrifice a modicum of time and progress to not die and lose a chunk of experience or get kicked from the event entirely. Imagine if alt-f4 didnt exist and a popular streamer died early into an event. That would be a disaster, like a fighter pilot going down because someone didn't give them an eject seat.

I for one know I wouldn't have the reflexes or dexterity to deploy alt-f4 to save my life (so to speak). I also don't care anywhere near enough about a game to do so, but for those that do (the stakes for 'pro' game streamers are not inconsiderable), it is a legitimate tool for as long as those running the game take no steps to prevent or discourage it.

Remember: these are the same cashcows GGG are willing to go against their word to attract and retain. They give them priority access. They turn a blind eye to fairly obvious shady behaviour. They call them "the community". They implicitly encourage unhealthy gaming practices with these zoomzoom races. Do GGG know their streamers use non-OTC stimulants to perform at peak for many hours? No. Would it surprise them? Also no. Would it make a difference to how they do things? Believe it or not: still no.

Alt-F4 usage is pretty harmless in comparison.

Alt-f4 is the bomb. Learn to love it, Exiles. Stop worrying.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jul 17, 2022, 8:17:15 AM
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
salomonka wrote:
Yesterday i watched different streamers at Zizaran Gauntlet event start. All what they do - rush asap (no, ASAP!!!!!11) all content and just reloging all the time when they have any issues.

If this is SO hardcore event, maybe, it requires some additional rules such as "no relog" or "only one character" and "no amphetamine during first few days"? Will be much more interesting to watch streamers, and play too tho.

gauntlet would be impossible to play without log out macro, you need to log out when going through acts as theres times u will run out of flasks

how so... In acts you can create a portal before a boss fight but that's the "hard way" and has a slight delay if you want to get out.

Using a logout macro to get out of situations that you have put yourself in is cringe as fuck. That's not hardcore, that's a logout simulator

The only reason to use a logout macro is if you have connection problems or a terrible pc that gets get your screen frozen sometimes.
Last edited by Chaser8 on Jul 17, 2022, 6:04:31 PM
i think the no amphetamine rule is pretty harsh.
asked myself how ppl play HC in this game cause it's much harder than diablo

saw they "just" press panic button / logout, now makes sense - without this logout macro i assume HC in poe would be dead cause nobody could handle it

it's fine imo. lame, but fine
Last edited by Rikku on Jul 18, 2022, 10:22:42 AM
"
Lonnie455Rich wrote:
I can't tell if this is satire or not, but in no way, shape, or form is d3 better than poe. Maybe for someone that doesnt want to learn how to craft but the itemization and gearing is miles ahead of d3. D3 is the most mind numbingly boring arpg ive ever played. Season start is completely unplayable and boring after the 3rd day. Not to mention the simple boring "skill tree" in d3. Somehow D3 has more content and D2 is much simpler and a way better game. Mostly because of the way gearing is and how bad rifts/gr/dailies are to do after 1-2 days.

It was not satire but you just misreading. He was just talking about the logout timer that exists in D3 to prevent the "****, I'm gonna die... *press key to logout*".
Hardcore should not have shortcuts like this.

Another thing that he mentioned is one thing that bothers me even more.
I went in for the challenge this time and my marauder died at Innocence with 1.7k life, res at 79/79/79 and 70AR.
Got hit by the purging orb as I couldn't get away in time (melee suffers bi time)

That run was slow since I like to go slow and steady and after that I went to see some speed run videos... I still don't know how they can dodge all those mobs. I used the logout to return to town and, a couple, to avoid death. Still find it stupid.
Now, for the thing that bothers me... this is SSF and yet, you share your stashes with all the chars you make and, in that way, you can cheat the "system" by getting skills that are not available to your class, which I also think it's wrong, all skills should be available to every class.

The point is, this should be a char restricted stash.
There should be a limit on the amount of bad takes in one thread lol
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
feral_nature wrote:

It's also fucking impossible to enforce online.

Not to mention ridiculously unfair given quite a few people in the world use them as prescribed and are entirely better off for it.

Only someone with a delightful amount of body and mental health privilege would even think to suggest 'banning' a medication just because some people abuse it. That's dangerously myopic thinking.

I've seen literally thousand of suggestions re PoE and that's honestly one of the least realistic.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
feral_nature wrote:

It's also fucking impossible to enforce online.

Not to mention ridiculously unfair given quite a few people in the world use them as prescribed and are entirely better off for it.

Only someone with a delightful amount of body and mental health privilege would even think to suggest 'banning' a medication just because some people abuse it. That's dangerously myopic thinking.

I've seen literally thousand of suggestions re PoE and that's honestly one of the least realistic.

I think it wasnt serious, or as much as your response seemed serious.

The issue, I think, was ridiculously long play sessions, encouraged by monetary gains, to the amusement of the viewers.

I have long said this was a problem, but alas people do destructive shit all the time. In a realistic, sane, universe, we would restrict consecutive playing hours or somehting along those lines. But of course people will argue about personal responsibility and being able to do what they want.

I tend to lean towards this being somewhat tolerable in the absence of the monetization of said "suffering". The thought experiment being if you were rich, and dangled dollars towards desperate, or willing, people to engage in dangerous behavior, for your's or an audience's amusement, where do moral lines get crossed?

I suppose the long-winded point is that GGG shouldn't be incentivizing behavior like this with cash prizes, and shouldn't "hide" behind the fact this particular gauntlet tournament series is community funded. Its certainly not a glamorous portrayal of the game with your top content creators playing to the point of exhaustion (at best)

Gauntlet indeed.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info