Zizaran relogauntlet question

"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
Nothing hardcore about a logout macro
Yes! 111% agree.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
Yes! 111% agree.

Boooo, zombies, boooo!!!! ^^
"
KirenaStern wrote:
Booooo, non-zombie-lovers, booooo!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
PoE is full of one shot mechanics, lag, fps issues, frozen screens, crashs, random magic mobs that hits you 10k-hit, bears, detonate dead explosions shit and so on.

The main reason why people in HC logout is the same why we pot flasks, avoid death.

It is not fair to die if you just lost 50fps suddently and went from 60 to 10 in some full of mobs screen. You try to quit to avoid a death that isn't under your control and that's fair.
That's why logout is part of HC in path of exile. We are not playing a game with no crash, no lag, no OOS, etc.

SC players don't get it because they have 6 portals and 6 deaths in every single map and boss fights so they think its ok to die.
Also, SC players never understand that logout most of times can't avoid death. If so, nobody would never die. And that's not what happens. Even with a logout macro, you still die a lot due to how hard poe in end game actually is.

Anyway, play the game the way you want and hf. After all thats what matters.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Aug 5, 2022, 12:05:54 PM
"
"
KirenaStern wrote:
Booooo, non-zombie-lovers, booooo!

Shhhh, you'll out me as a zombie enjoyer.
"
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
Yes! 111% agree.

I agree.

Sure, it can be "fair" in regards to PoE. It can be allowed. Encouraged. "Fine" within the community. But to classify the use of a logout macro as "hardcore" is just wrong.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
Yes! 111% agree.

I agree.

Sure, it can be "fair" in regards to PoE. It can be allowed. Encouraged. "Fine" within the community. But to classify the use of a logout macro as "hardcore" is just wrong.

Not really. Hardcore just means if you die then that's it, you die. What you are doing to prevent that occurring is not relevant, so long as it falls within the bounds of that game's acceptability.

I actually agree in the sense that I would prefer there to be no logout macros, but there are logout macros and the HC community plays with them (vast majority at least) so I'm putting myself at a significant disadvantage if I don't use it.

I do appreciate the arguments around it though.
"
KirenaStern wrote:

Not really. Hardcore just means if you die then that's it, you die. What you are doing to prevent that occurring is not relevant, so long as it falls within the bounds of that game's acceptability.

No, its just part of it. Go to dictionary/urban dictionary and check what hardcore means. Its not a word that PoE invented.
At this point the "mode" might as well be called "PD" (perma death) because there is hardly anything HARDCORE in it the way people play it.
Last edited by Aynix on Aug 5, 2022, 3:11:51 PM
"
Aynix wrote:
"
KirenaStern wrote:

No, its just part of it. Go to dictionary/urban dictionary and check what hardcore means. Its not a word that PoE invented.
At this point the "mode" might as well be called "PD" (perma death) because there is hardly anything HARDCORE in it the way people play it.

We are playing PoE, in PoE the definition of hardcore is if you die you go back to the beach (or standard if you are so inclined). That is the definition of hardcore in this context, regardless of what you think about logout macros. PoE is a punishing game, and I think PoE's hardcore mode earns its title.

Do you play hardcore in PoE and find it too easy?
"
KirenaStern wrote:
PoE is a punishing game, and I think PoE's hardcore mode earns its title.

Do you play hardcore in PoE and find it too easy?

The logout macro takes away huge chunk of it being "hardcore". Having a button that will save your ass instantly from anything that is not a oneshot... it might as well give you immortality (but you cant attack/move during it).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info