3.18.0d Patch Notes

This could have been handled much better if it didn't impact nearly every facet of the game from The Mud Flats to The Feeding Trough, in league mechanics which feature mobs and maps.

It's just too much of a fundamental change with little to nothing given back to the player. It doesn't respect their time, their effort or their desires.

It's just rotting the core and it's really concerning if this is what we can expect going forward for PoE.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on May 26, 2022, 7:13:52 PM
I mean the patch is technically a net positive so there's that. But it's to such a small degree that on the larger scale it doesn't change anything about how I feel when interacting with archnemesis mods. The game is still a massive mess and all you do is just dancing around the ridiculous amount of slows, ground degen, on death effects chasing after you, lightning mirages etc etc. Blues and rares are just empty walking husks whose only purpose is to hold archnemesis mods. Monsters have lost their identity and as a result every encounter just feels the same. Slowly changing a few mods here and there like you've done so far will mean it's going to take forever to get the game in a good spot. I don't know of anyone who actually enjoys the archnemesis mods so best solution to me seem to be just removing them for now until you have a meaningful way to maybe implement them into the game in the future. But for now all they do is just hurt the game and make playing an overall worse experience.
I agree with others, these changes are barely a scratch. Kiting some magic and rare mobs for like 5-10 minutes straight while casting/attacking once every 2-3 seconds is not fun. Particularly when mixed with other content such as essence, harvest or any other combined enhancement. The core gameplay is so bogged down right now it's significantly less enjoyable and much more tedious.

The implementation of AN mods into ALL content was a poor one and these patches haven't fixed the issues. Unfortunately, it needs to be completely overhauled, or removed and/or reworked in a different fashion imo. Slowing down the clearing to this extent only works in combination with lowering monster lethality and speed. Grinding right now (especially in SSF), is a complete slog.

Build variety/viability has been a pain point of mine for a long time as an SSF enjoyer and non-meta build player, and my opinion is that self cast, self channel and true melee are still in a horrible spot in general. Defenses are in a very strange spot. Certain things like eva/spell suppress feel pretty decent, but ES is in a very bad spot still. The other stats needed in combination means the gearing process is slow in combination with clearing being slow.

Just weighing in with some thoughts for future patches. Please address AN Core first, as soon as possible. It's not very enjoyable.
So I tried rare T16 (no brutal mods) today after the patch.

I cleared the map, killed the map boss which took some small kiting (that's totally fine and enjoyable) and then I spent 5 minutes killing an Essence monster with just Executioner mod, I died 3 times on unknown one-shots from it and the reward from an entire map/boss/essence were just the essences.

This patch SOLVED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the crucial core problems Path of Exile has right now.

Sad :(
Last edited by Sargoth_CZ on May 27, 2022, 2:03:53 AM
"
Sargoth_CZ wrote:
So I tried rare T16 (no brutal mods) today after the patch.

I cleared the map, killed the map boss which took some small kiting (that's totally fine and enjoyable) and then I spent 5 minutes killing an Essence monster with just Executioner mod, I died 3 times on unknown one-shots from it and the reward from an entire map/boss/essence were just the essences.

This patch SOLVED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the crucial core problems Path of Exile has right now.

Sad :(

I had the same kind of experience yesterday - T16 map cleared without serious issues (was in danger maybe 3 times - on final boss, and earlier with big packs of sentinel-boosted mobs), but then, when I entered Harvest - it was like hitting steel wall: zero chances, being instantly 1- or 2-shot. About 5 attempts, each one ending in swift death - from mobs with single archnemesis mods, last one from 2 blue Echoists...

I was able to do both T16 maps AND T16 Harvests in 3.17 on a character with similar defense levels (around 24k maximum effective hit taken, and 60k effective life pool, in PoB). But in 3.18 so far - Harvest content is completely broken and unplayable, with similarily developed character.

It's a shame, because I really liked 3.17 and Archnemesis league, and was hoping to have similar fun in 3.18. But way the Archnemesis mods were integrated into core in 3.18 made the game barely playable - it's mostly pain, not fun. Trying any league mechanics in T14+ is currently very frustrating.

My friend already stopped playing PoE, and started exploring Last Epoch as an alternative. And myself - I am at the moment wondering if PoE is worth playing, with GGG being able to release completely untested (or test results ignored) mechanics, that almost completely devastated the game for many players.
I keep coming back to the forum's, hoping to see that AN has been removed, and that GGG actually listened to what their player base is asking for, but I digress... all I see is GGG trying to put band aid's on the game to save face, instead of doing what the community is asking for, which is removing ArcheNemesis entirely, but alas, they keep putting band aids in, which is just killing their game.

Vereran Players leaving
Casual Players leaving
New Players getting to Act 2, maybe 3, getting frustrated and leaving

No response on the Forums from GGG at all, all we get are random patches that do nothing to fix the main issue.

All good GGG, I've found another game to play that I am actually enjoying, so for now, this game that I loved playing, is now dead in the water and completely unplayable.
Expedition random white mob do more damage than bosses? oook.
i feel like we are beta testers. just plz give old rares back. PoE dont need tis type mobs.
Where's the Hotfix removing Effigy?

At least confirm you're not removing it either so i already know i wont be playing this game anymore.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Honestly, just delete Archnemesis from the game please.
Maybe its time to fix HeadHunter?

Thx...
Saint-Petersburg. KUPCHINO!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info