3.18.0b Hotfix 1

Absolutely... If I'm gonna try to take out a pack of Achnem monsters... I want the rewards that I would have gotten originally. And the amount of hatsed monsters in this game in A1-3 is absolutely rediculous. I literally could not Ascend until lvl 50 because of Nem mods.
Shoot some sentinels in delve monster lvl 68, you 72.
50k rf aura, 10k armageddon, flammability and totem on top.
Wait till a sentinel shot buffed scorpion tail lion thingy with berserker dies over 9 minutes because he has

LITERALLY

BILLLION

HITPOINTS.

Was fun.
And you guessed it, he dropped 2 chance orbs.
Still can spawn regenerate rare in Harvest boss fight? Nice
Just give us the old rares back...................
I actually like the new mods overall, but, I feel that there are so many build breaking mods.
I understand that there should be builds that are good for somethign while being bad for something else, but, who though that having a rare mob in a t12 tank more and deal more dmg than a Conqueror in a 6-8 mod map was a good idea.
These immunities have to go, maybe give them just a lot less effect, but not immune.
Overall, these changes look good, but they have to keep coming, can't wait to see the next ones.

thanks GGG ^^
Thanks for these changes. I think there is still quite a ways to go, as even playing a meta build, progression has become so much bumpier than last league. I'm trying to stay positive as I am really enjoying other aspects of this league. The gameplay survives despite the Archnemesis changes for me, rather than being improved by them as they stand.

Magic monsters and rares are so out of step versus normal monsters and bosses. It's not the difficulty or challenge to overcome, that's fine and can be engaging in isolation, but they're too frequent, take too long to complete and are rather wearing as time goes on. It's that so many mechanics and so much progression springboards out of repeatedly running maps, and there are so many incentives to go quickly (getting to maps, drop rates, frequency of league mechanics occurring, the slowing XP curve, and a number of explicit time limits in league content including Sentinel) and so many more interesting things to do that getting bogged down in the rank and file isn't satisfying. And that's on a meta build which is eating minor bosses for breakfast, I imagine it wouldn't be pleasant off meta.

I did notice that intentionally playing really slowly for an hour or two yesterday made it much more interesting engaging with Archnemesis. For a couple of hours. However the novelty did wear off, plus we only have three months and playing an intentionally slow rate can't possibly get through to endgame gear and content.

I think either magic monster frequency (per minute of gameplay, bearing in mind how quickly normal monster packs die) needs to be radically reduced (a few packs per map) and rare monster frequency needs to be stepped on even harder (a handful per map, not 2-3 per screen), and rares brought to heel under existing boss HP and damage levels (so the mechanics are the challenge, rather than it being an endurance test); or magic and rare monster damage and HP could still use approximately halving. We have other things to be getting on with.

If the current distribution and pacing of magic and rare monsters is kept then I think the endgame would need to be a lot shorter, with rewards per map and for content increasing proportionally to make that happen, given the three month league cycle.

There are also still a number of issues with specific Archnemesis mods others have covered better than I can, which I'm seeing less of with my particular build but which would make me think twice about playing some other builds.

It could also be helpful to scale frequency of magic and rare monsters across the campaign and maps. Current weightings towards magic and rare monsters only appearing in juiced T16s (not alch and go). Zero magic and rare monsters in act 1. And so on.

I think the idea behind Archnemesis is sound, making some impactful and mechanically novel mods to engage with. But they are too impactful and too novel to be the fundamentals underpinning all other content at current frequency and pacing.
"
"
I'm having buyer's remorse for the supporter pack I bought leading up to launch - this is awful.

I like the dream of a slower, more careful game; I like your end goal with systems like these. BUT the game is not slow; the game will kill you in a quarter second while dozens of things are happening onscreen and there simply is not time or space to play out rare encounters like a mini boss fight. Give us a guaranteed zone around rares where no other mobs can spawn and forbid them from leaving that zone so you can actually see them coming and run away from them if you need to, or revert the changes.

This is the most aggravating, pointlessly painful interaction with the game I've ever seen, and I am one of the lucky exiles whose build isn't hard-countered by any of the mods.
I also regret buying the sponsorship package before the league

yeah me too x-x
"
SananMasa wrote:
"
"
I'm having buyer's remorse for the supporter pack I bought leading up to launch - this is awful.

I like the dream of a slower, more careful game; I like your end goal with systems like these. BUT the game is not slow; the game will kill you in a quarter second while dozens of things are happening onscreen and there simply is not time or space to play out rare encounters like a mini boss fight. Give us a guaranteed zone around rares where no other mobs can spawn and forbid them from leaving that zone so you can actually see them coming and run away from them if you need to, or revert the changes.

This is the most aggravating, pointlessly painful interaction with the game I've ever seen, and I am one of the lucky exiles whose build isn't hard-countered by any of the mods.
I also regret buying the sponsorship package before the league

yeah me too x-x

I learned that lesson too, but it was a while ago. Even though I play mainly standard, I buy league support packs (often both!) if the overall changes are good. By good I mean I enjoy playing the game or not, and I cannot seem to find it fun this patch, despite having well geared characters. I’m gonna keep the wallet closed till it will be fun again. I think it would be healthier if everyone would understand that “paying” upfront for a product was always defined as risky and sometimes naive.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Last edited by N4rk0tyk on May 18, 2022, 9:45:25 AM
Got a field of 4 rares in harvest, gargantuan,temporal bubble,magma barrier,drought bringer, with a blue pack of stormweavers.....

I mean if I acutally stuck it out for 30min of one hit then move due to all the ballse and lightning mirages I might actually have cleared it, but all the rares was ontop of each other...inside the bubble.
This is not an arpg any more this is just raidbosses w/o raids.

Come on is this shit fun?!
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:

I learned that lesson too, but it was a while ago. Even though I play mainly standard, I buy league support packs (often both!) if the overall changes are good. By good I mean I enjoy playing the game or not, and I cannot seem to find it fun this patch, despite having well geared characters. I’m gonna keep the wallet closed till it will be fun again. I think it would be healthier if everyone would understand that “paying” upfront for a product was always defined as risky and sometimes naive.

I'm having some fun, but the go in and die to absolutely nothing and then go in and try to figure out what killed you only to find out some stupid bug on some dumb mod happened and 1 shot you out of no where, isn't fun. D:

specially in heist... since you can't go back in..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info