Content Update 3.18.0 -- Path of Exile: Sentinel

"
tetomobile wrote:
So nobody talking about biggest NERF in poe history? HH cant stack buffs anymore...

F
May Le Toucan bless your journey.
Man, poe does bring me the joy of playing video games that I had as a child. I'm still a noob but this league i'll go hard
skrskr
thanks
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
"
Archnemesis modifiers are able to be gained by characters through sources such as Headhunter and Inspired Learning, though you are only able to have one instance of each modifier at any given time.

A nerf to headhunter?

It's not a nerf to headhunter. All they did was consolidate the old modifiers and replaced them with the existing arch-nem modifiers which are powerful. I don't think anyone will see a change using HH in endgame juiced mapping.

Looking at reddit I think I was right.
Before:

you kill rare with mods X,Y,Z -> You get X,Y,Z
after 5 seconds
You kill rare with mods Y,Z,W -> you get Y,Z,W
Y and Z stack.

Now:

You kill rare with mods A,B,C -> You get A,B,C
after 5 seconds
You kill rare with mods B,C,D -> You get D

how do you say this is not a nerf ?
"
tetomobile wrote:
Before:

after 5 seconds
Y and Z stack.

Now:

after 5 seconds

We don't know yet. Maybe they changed the HH or else, who knows. It's hard for me to believe that they don't nerf anything but decide to nerf HH which is a chase item allowing us to do juiced maps. I might be wrong, but it's hard to believe they will only nerf 1 item.
Last edited by SlimShady63 on May 6, 2022, 4:04:41 AM
"
SlimShady63 wrote:
"
tetomobile wrote:
Before:

after 5 seconds
Y and Z stack.

Now:

after 5 seconds

We don't know yet. Maybe they changed the HH or else, who knows. It's hard for me to believe that they don't nerf anything but decide to nerf HH which is a chase item allowing us to do juiced maps. I might be wrong, but it's hard to believe they will only nerf 1 item.

"Archnemesis modifiers are able to be gained by characters through sources such as Headhunter and Inspired Learning, though you are only able to have one instance of each modifier at any given time."

seems pretty clear to me :)
pog
I will play this league despite no changes to the meta.

It’s nice to know allready what build you can play or try if you didn’t have the time last league. (and it’s ok for me if you keep your energy to power up POE 2 or even another endgame alternative content to maps like heist)

New atlas tree/content micro managment seems very nice.
(can get rid of content, yes!)

Curious about league mechanic.

Uber bosses!!!

All monster changed, new game yeay!

Full armor set mtx challenge reward, i’m in!

38 chall skin is somewhat boring towards the end but we will see..

Where is the mageblood card again??

See ya in game!

Last edited by Necrark on May 6, 2022, 4:20:00 AM
"
nvrtry wrote:
I'm pretty excited for the league despite what everyone seems to be saying. The Boss changes at endgame will make grinding those bosses more rewarding and the new items the Uber bosses drop are all pretty good.

Haven't looked at the new items, maybe they make special builds possible. Else - as in they just make strong builds even stronger, but not different - I'm happy for everyone that is motivated by these, but I never found joy in grinding for grindings sake. And yes, I understand that I might not be the target audience for a D2-style ARPG, but GGG so far was the last several leagues pretty good in adding enough new stuff, that there was still more to do than grind.

"
Adding Deli and Harvest to device are great. I love Deli and will gladly sink constant currency to have a more enjoyable map. I have no problem with HH being nerfed by the rare monster changes. The ability to define what your map will be like through the atlas tree and kirac options are what I have wanted for years and I believe it is the result of a lot of experimenting with the idea for GGG since as far back as the Deli league.

Agreed with these points. Those that love playing maps just for the sake of it will have a field day with these changes. If you need some other goal besides that, there seems to be little reason to play this league though.

[@uote]The .5% of the playerbase that only want to play meta builds to sprint through the content and quit the game in two weeks aren't the main focus of GGG. This is good and will increase the longevity of the game. It's a shame the metaslaves can't just play something 2% slower than their precious RF/Spark builds for the sake of actually enjoying the game. This game is amazing because you literally can't run out of shit to do. Don't put yourself in a box and then scream like it's GGGs problem. [/quote]

I don't think that is a fair assessment. Many of those that play the same build league after league are probably in it for the grind. I would predict that those players actually will enjoy the game with these changes. I assume that it is much more likely that the casual players that don't get as far and just play to experience the new league mechanic, try a new skill and so on, will leave quickly, if they even try it out in the first place.

For me personally I played more than 10 characters last league, tried out everything I wanted, farmed my first HH (and besides Legion can't really understand all the hype around it) - I see little reason to play this league. Probably try out Sentinel, but it seems it is just a loot buff, similar to having a potion that increases drops by 35% in other games. I found the setup-work to actually play maps (sextants, fragments, scarabs, rolling maps, etc.) already tedious before this patch and this seems to add just another thing I have to setup before actually playing the game.

Nonetheless I wish everyone much fun with the game even if this patch does not hold much for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info