Content Update 3.17.0 -- Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas

Please please don't forget about Whispering Ice *again*. You nerfed everything about it without buffing its self cast useage...
I'm very worried about this expansion. The only huge positive thing in my opinion is the new Atlas skill tree. (And Vaal Temple removal from the Atlas, Innocence be blessed!)

Other than that I fear that with this expansion this game will effectively become a streamer-friendly game. Voidstones won't be accessible for 99% of PoE players. I myself have never killed Maven. And only killed Uber Elder back in the days when he was easily farmable. Only streamers and no-lifers will now enjoy the fully upgraded Atlas. I'll probably manage somehow to get all 4 voidstones in Standard, but it's out of the question to get them every single league. There is no real motivation to do that, it's too much of a grind and time-sink.

You may think that upgrading all maps to red tier is optional, but it becomes dull very quickly, if you are forced to play only 10-15 red maps (tier 14+) available to you, of which maybe only 5 are fun to play at all! It was a huge demoralising factor for me back in the days before "Conquerors of the Atlas".

And how, by the muscular golden arse of Innocence, could you remove Zana? She is simply THE iconic figure of PoE! It always made me glad to meet her randomly in a map, even if I was about to finish playing and go to bed. And now she is gone, and perhaps forever! Poe now will be like having a hotdog without ketchup or chilli con carne without meat! And now we have the Zana shirt to remind us of good old Zana days. I have the sinking feeling Katherine Kennard was simply not available for new voice lines, and so you had to remove Zana.
But I really hope, it was all due to a glorious comeback of Zana in PoE 2! Which is still quite a way to go!

I hope I'll still enjoy the good old PoE! "Still sane, Exile?"
Last edited by morgasmus on Jan 28, 2022, 2:13:19 AM
Yo you didn't write any changes coming to the Hrimburn/Hrimsorrow since prophecy is getting deleted. Would love to know for planning my EK character!
i'm all in!
Last edited by Schorse1337 on Jan 28, 2022, 1:56:57 AM
"
Schorse1337 wrote:
so, do i get it right? the 4 voidstone dropping from endgame bosses?
shaper/elder to uber elder, maven and the two new bosses?
all are from map tier => map tier 14?
I clear endgame with ease every league, but for the most people i guess its still impossible to kill these endcounters or am i wrong?
What point i am missing? :D or is there another way to raise the tier auf maps?!

What you are missing is that the Atlas even with zero Voidstones still has maps of all tiers (T1-T16) accessible/droppable, tier increasing from bottom to top.

When you socket a Voidstone, it increases the tier of all maps below tier 16, so the with all 4 Voidstones socketed, all the maps on Atlas will be T16, not only those on or near the top.

Something like this:

maps on Atlas, bottom --------------------------------------> top
- 0 Voidstone(s): T01 T02 T03 T04 T05 T06 T07 ... T13 T14 T15 T16
- 1 Voidstone(s): T05 T06 T07 T08 T09 T10 T12 ... T15 T16 T16 T16
- 2 Voidstone(s): T08 T09 T10 T11 T12 T14 T16 ... T16 T16 T16 T16
- 3 Voidstone(s): T10 T12 T14 T15 T16 T16 T16 ... T16 T16 T16 T16
- 4 Voidstone(s): T16 T16 T16 T16 T16 T16 T16 ... T16 T16 T16 T16

Numbers are, of course, not accurate, but hope you get the idea.

Last edited by bgdmm on Jan 28, 2022, 2:07:11 AM
I love your game and believe you made good moves this patch to do what you did given the culture as it is now. To share my voice despite being in the minority I would like to say that personally this is the most disappointed I've ever been for a large release. I scrolled through the entire patch notes seeing almost nothing that I felt represented how I play the game. I'm in that minority of ~7% you estimated that very much looks forward to new gems and the like. Poe to me is all about having a problem to solve and lots of things to think through and puzzle together. There are so many items and interactions that are gated behind having the right skill show up out of design space to give them life. Minor power adjustments usually and nerfs arent significant enough as I'm never playing the top tier builds as I've done that enough already and enjoy when the game has some pushback to it. Having new gems for example not only means there are a few new skills but I go back and read through all the uniques or the ones on the "almost good list" to see if there's something new to explore, its my favorite part of poe. I was the sole player of the law of the wilds last league and I appreciate you changing the worst part of that build but I'm not one who generally likes to play the same build several times especially once approaching sufficient refinement. The artists of the world like to dance on the edge of chaos, where things are not fully developed. As someone with extremely high trait openness and a love for games poe has always been a game I come back to each league, this has become less so as the culture has shifted from exploration and experimentation to a more refined game focused on loot and rare items. Rare items are not exciting to me because they're almost always simple power. New implicits are something... but again rare item lines almost never cause significant change and is simple flavor. The big excitement factor this league was the unique jewel that allows cross ascendancy interaction. Prehaps the new uniques will be good. Thanks for the great game.

Actually looking back on my puppies build the implicits may actually change a lot, so theres that. Its dog season again. I'd appreciate some claw crit cluster jewels because otherwise that interaction just doesnt happen realistically.
Last edited by Lesentic on Jan 28, 2022, 2:31:53 AM
So why should you now defeat Sirius?

Awakener's Gems can no longer drop - pretty useless regarding the name AWAKENER of these gems, which now drop from Maven.
Awakener's Orbs now are pretty much useless since important prefix modifiers (+1 to level) moved to core pool of those amulets.

Defeating Maven only makes sense, if you got a significant chance to get an Awakener's gem from, since the main reason to defeat Maven (getting Maven's Orbs) doesn't exist anymore.

Let's see if we are able to reach a significant level of damage - I got my doubts.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." - Albert Einstein
doryani prototype have been nerf further from infinite -% lightning resistant

3.16 : mob limit -200% lightning resistant

3.17 : mob limit -100% lightning resistant

3.18 : mob limit -50% lightning resistant

POE 2 : mob is immune to lightning damage
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2624459
For minion helmet mirror service

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2616501
Stupidsmile Ultimate SRS Minion Instability Build
"
sirgog wrote:
"
Ristle wrote:
"
Solution:
Resistances can no longer be reduced by more than 100%.

No Doryani's lowering it to -400 any more? Useless item now or reworked?

This is awkward wording, but it's % reductions only that are impacted.

"-20 fire resist" effects like on a Ventor's are unchanged.

"-63% fire resist" effects like on the new unique are capped at 100. There's almost none of these resist multipliers in the game.

Bumping this to the later pages in this thread since there still seems to be a lot of confusion around how the less resist/- resist mechanics work, -200 should still be the cap for this league
Why no buff for geofris devotion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info