Content Update 3.17.0 -- Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas

They killed all totem builds right?Can anyone pls clarifie that so i know if i am gonna play this league and spend cash or play some other games .tnx
"
bgdmm wrote:
"
Schorse1337 wrote:
so, do i get it right? the 4 voidstone dropping from endgame bosses?
shaper/elder to uber elder, maven and the two new bosses?
all are from map tier => map tier 14?
I clear endgame with ease every league, but for the most people i guess its still impossible to kill these endcounters or am i wrong?
What point i am missing? :D or is there another way to raise the tier auf maps?!

What you are missing is that the Atlas even with zero Voidstones still has maps of all tiers (T1-T16) accessible/droppable, tier increasing from bottom to top.

When you socket a Voidstone, it increases the tier of all maps below tier 16, so the with all 4 Voidstones socketed, all the maps on Atlas will be T16, not only those on or near the top.

Something like this:

maps on Atlas, bottom --------------------------------------> top
- 0 Voidstone(s): T01 T02 T03 T04 T05 T06 T07 ... T13 T14 T15 T16
- 1 Voidstone(s): T05 T06 T07 T08 T09 T10 T12 ... T15 T16 T16 T16
- 2 Voidstone(s): T08 T09 T10 T11 T12 T14 T16 ... T16 T16 T16 T16
- 3 Voidstone(s): T10 T12 T14 T15 T16 T16 T16 ... T16 T16 T16 T16
- 4 Voidstone(s): T16 T16 T16 T16 T16 T16 T16 ... T16 T16 T16 T16

Numbers are, of course, not accurate, but hope you get the idea.

ya ur right, after my post i checked the picture of the atlas again and i saw it ... but thanks anyway! :)
"
Hausgeist wrote:
So why should you now defeat Sirius?

Awakener's Gems can no longer drop - pretty useless regarding the name AWAKENER of these gems, which now drop from Maven.
Awakener's Orbs now are pretty much useless since important prefix modifiers (+1 to level) moved to core pool of those amulets.

Defeating Maven only makes sense, if you got a significant chance to get an Awakener's gem from, since the main reason to defeat Maven (getting Maven's Orbs) doesn't exist anymore.

Let's see if we are able to reach a significant level of damage - I got my doubts.

I was under the impression "Conquerors" meant Baran and others, so that Awakened Gems would only drop from Sirus, Maven and the Maven's Writ. I really hope my interpretation is correct for the reasons you mentioned...
-
Last edited by 1451815 on Jan 6, 2023, 7:17:52 PM
"The Watchstone system has also been removed, and replaced with Voidstones which are obtained by defeating The Uber Elder, The Maven, The Searing Exarch and The Eater of Worlds. These Voidstones raise the tiers of maps on your Atlas and can be augmented by Sextants."

TBH, this read like a huge "Don't play!" instruction to me... Yes, I know there will be some red maps on the atlas, but that'll get dull really quickly.

Mainly it sounds like "Your map drops will suck unless you defeat the four top bosses", with the Maven fight being the worst boss fight design in the game...

I hated the Watchstone mechanic (though reducing it to 4 regions made it better), but this sound even worse... :-(
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
Hausgeist wrote:

Awakener's Gems can no longer drop - pretty useless regarding the name AWAKENER of these gems, which now drop from Maven.
Awakener's Orbs now are pretty much useless since important prefix modifiers (+1 to level) moved to core pool of those amulets.

Defeating Maven only makes sense, if you got a significant chance to get an Awakener's gem from, since the main reason to defeat Maven (getting Maven's Orbs) doesn't exist anymore.

Let's see if we are able to reach a significant level of damage - I got my doubts.

I was under the impression "Conquerors" meant Baran and others, so that Awakened Gems would only drop from Sirus, Maven and the Maven's Writ. I really hope my interpretation is correct for the reasons you mentioned...

"Awakened Gems no longer drop from Conquerors. Some Awakened Gems can now drop from The Maven's Crucible, with all Awakened Gems now being a possible drop from The Maven." and "Move awakened gems to a different drop location." - This includes Sirius as I understand.

This is the reason why I mentioned it. This is a heavy cut into many builds - since those gems are not obtainable for "usual" players anymore. They have to buy them for tons of exa's. One more step into a two class society.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." - Albert Einstein
Last edited by Hausgeist on Jan 28, 2022, 4:12:25 AM
"
Hausgeist wrote:
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
Hausgeist wrote:

"Awakened Gems no longer drop from Conquerors. Some Awakened Gems can now drop from The Maven's Crucible, with all Awakened Gems now being a possible drop from The Maven." and "Move awakened gems to a different drop location." - This includes Sirius as I understand.

This is the reason why I mentioned it. This is a heavy cut into many builds - since those gems are not obtainable for "usual" players anymore. They have to buy them for tons of exa's. One more step into a two class society.

sirus drop pool
crown of the inward eye
gamble gloves
bases
awa orb

maven drop pool
bases
sextants
gems

i was really thinking not to reply to such ignorant and, frankly, silly post. like we dont awa orb helmets, belts, boots, gloves and armours. because who would actually want useless stats like base att crit and frenzy in one chest. dogshit orb.
Last edited by koskesh539 on Jan 28, 2022, 4:33:10 AM
"
koskesh539 wrote:
sirus drop pool
crown of the inward eye
gamble gloves
bases
awa orb

maven drop pool
bases
sextants
gems

i was really thinking not to reply to such ignorant and, frankly, silly post. like we dont awa orb helmets, belts, boots, gloves and armours. because who would actually want useless stats like base att crit and frenzy in one chest. dogshit orb.

Dude, you obviously got a reading disability.

1. Drop pool from Sirius is not confirmed yet, based on the quotes mentioned ("Move awakened gems to a different drop location").
2. I am talking about amulets, not about armour items or belts.
3. There is no reason to become abusive !!!!! If this is the only thing you can contribute, so I highly recommend to get some satisfaction in your real life.

NC anymore, to those ... postings.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." - Albert Einstein
"
DarkJen wrote:
No minions buff?
Spectres still dead?

Crafting still absent?
Itemisation down too?

And 'new' league is basically essence+metamorph?
With little to no mobs added?

Well, doubt it will lasts more than 1 week. Where is the fun?

Players will be there where fun is.

did we read the same patch notes? skeleton mages are great. there are new crafting currencies, why is it absent? there is an entire expansion that reworks half the endgame.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Zanitz wrote:
"
grandmaster wrote:
Sextants and being able to run any map at t16 is now an aspirational content for 1% playerbase ? This is now gated behind The Uber Elder, The Maven, The Searing Exarch and The Eater of Worlds.

That is a good point

This was my first thought too. Not cool.

this is +1 for me! I never killed Maven - only Sirus 1-2 times. Very concernd if I will manage to get the atlas complete. To hide it behind the very endgame bosses should be maybe reconsidered again. Or maybe do the very first encounters more easy to be able to acess T16 Maps and be able tu upgrade your char

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info