Content Update 3.17.0 -- Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas

"
Eelbrook wrote:
hope its a typo.. cause fireball still kept the 370%

"
laurenspo wrote:
The first one looked very spicy.

In the Manifesto:
Rolling Magma: Now deals 9 to 12 Fire Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 1543 to 2315 at gem level 20 (previously 1031 to 1546). Now has 350% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 230%).

In the Patchnotes:
Rolling Magma: Now deals 9 to 12 Fire Damage at gem level 1 (unchanged), up to 1245 to 1868 at gem level 20 (previously 1031 to 1546). Now has 280% Effectiveness of Added Damage at all gem levels (previously 230%).

This stuck out to me also. Was looking forward to dusting off a skill that basically no one has played for many leagues. Curious why they would pull these numbers back, considering all of the meatier buffs for much more meta skills (ice nova, reap, etc).
Just happy Ultimatum isn't in 3.17!
Will give the league a spin (even i hate the maven fight).
"
Hausgeist wrote:
"
koskesh539 wrote:
sirus drop pool
crown of the inward eye
gamble gloves
bases
awa orb

maven drop pool
bases
sextants
gems

i was really thinking not to reply to such ignorant and, frankly, silly post. like we dont awa orb helmets, belts, boots, gloves and armours. because who would actually want useless stats like base att crit and frenzy in one chest. dogshit orb.

Dude, you obviously got a reading disability.

1. Drop pool from Sirius is not confirmed yet, based on the quotes mentioned ("Move awakened gems to a different drop location").
2. I am talking about amulets, not about armour items or belts.
3. There is no reason to become abusive !!!!! If this is the only thing you can contribute, so I highly recommend to get some satisfaction in your real life.

NC anymore, to those ... postings.

Hausgeist wrote:
So why should you now defeat Sirius?

Awakener's Gems can no longer drop - pretty useless regarding the name AWAKENER of these gems, which now drop from Maven.
Awakener's Orbs now are pretty much useless since important prefix modifiers (+1 to level) moved to core pool of those amulets.

Defeating Maven only makes sense, if you got a significant chance to get an Awakener's gem from, since the main reason to defeat Maven (getting Maven's Orbs) doesn't exist anymore.

Let's see if we are able to reach a significant level of damage - I got my doubts.

awakener orb pretty much useless -> that line alone made your whole statement silly

not to mention the

Let's see if we are able to reach a significant level of damage - I got my doubts.

i call BS when i see it. enjoy not enjoying the league
I don't feel good about the orb of storms change. Now it is just a buff you have to cast every +-10 spells. Doesn't have double scaling with cast speed anymore, limiting creative builds.
Edit: rest of the patch looks dope tho :P
Last edited by Elymian on Jan 28, 2022, 5:08:03 AM
looks like you guys knocked it out of the park this time, such wins.
High-Impact Mine Support: Supported Skills now deal 56% less Damage at gem level 1 (previously 35%), and 50% less at gem level 20 (previously 28%).

-22% - u like to kill builds.

Minefield -1 mine ? wtf...

selfcast for those who want riping fun for all those who wont? GGG ur stance on nerfing just because to nerf shit out of the game gets me more and more every league.
"
Kitsuri wrote:
Please please don't forget about Whispering Ice *again*. You nerfed everything about it without buffing its self cast useage...

It does get a mention.
"
Icestorm (granted by The Whispering Ice Unique Staff): Now has an Added Damage effectiveness of 100% (previously 60%), which affects the 3 to 5 base Cold Damage per 10 Intelligence that the Skill grants (this is a buff).

Not sure how effective this will be in practice, but looks on paper as though it should buff significantly.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Cool changes.
Love me some bows, but hated bossing with them.

So the weapons and quivers got buffed but the most-used damage support (added x) gems were nerfed + no changes to defensive options.

Will hit-based bows really be in a better spot bossing-wise? doesn`t that really just mean we can spend a few more skill points in defenses while having around the same dps? Or going full glas cannon with a bit more damage?

Can somebody explain how huge the buff is?
"
Killadeath wrote:
Please post patch notes without the problem/solution format as well. It makes them near unreadable for my friends and I.

Totally agreed.
Still no upgrade to trading? Not spending a dime until this 2002 backwards system is changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info