[3.17] Double Impending Doom

Hey this build looks super interesting, I'm going to start leveling an occultist now to give it a try. Do you have a crit-based tree up yet? The 3.16 one you have posted doesn't look right.
Have you tried testing spell cascade on your main curse as well? From my testing this work as an alternative to spell echo that still gets two hits per cast. I tried them together and I believe it's getting three hits, though the second and third come very close together so it's difficult to test without recording.
Any tips for increasing boss damage or is the only option really just beefing up all damage?
"
Bakadakadaka wrote:
Any tips for increasing boss damage or is the only option really just beefing up all damage?

Get as much max doom as you can for bosses and go crit build.
Submitting crit tree without jewels in a few minutes.
"
PseudoDragon wrote:
Have you tried testing spell cascade on your main curse as well? From my testing this work as an alternative to spell echo that still gets two hits per cast. I tried them together and I believe it's getting three hits, though the second and third come very close together so it's difficult to test without recording.

Spell cascade lowers the damage by a lot. It can replace spell echo but we lose both a lot of spell cast speed and a good chunk of damage.

If we use them together we wont get the third explosion since the gloves only activate on the cast and not on the repetitions.
"
irrega wrote:
If we use them together we wont get the third explosion since the gloves only activate on the cast and not on the repetitions.

Yeah that's right - good point. I suppose you might be able to swing it if you lower your curse limit to 1 and keep two curses in the gloves, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble especially with impending doom having a .15s cooldown anyway.

"
irrega wrote:
Spell cascade lowers the damage by a lot. It can replace spell echo but we lose both a lot of spell cast speed and a good chunk of damage.

The damage nerf on spell cascade doesn't apply to doom blast since it targets an enemy rather than applying "an effect to an area around a targeted location". You can check by finding doom blast in your character screen, the skill doesn't get the support icon on it like it does for e.g. added chaos damage. Spell echo also doesn't support doom blast, so no damage nerf there either!

Regarding the cast speed, I think it's actually slower with spell echo since you have to cast twice to get two doom blasts. Even with lvl 5 awakened spell echo that's 2/1.59, or 1.26 times the cast time. With spell cascade you get two blasts for a single cast so it's quite a bit faster.
"
PseudoDragon wrote:

Regarding the cast speed, I think it's actually slower with spell echo since you have to cast twice to get two doom blasts. Even with lvl 5 awakened spell echo that's 2/1.59, or 1.26 times the cast time. With spell cascade you get two blasts for a single cast so it's quite a bit faster.

I don't think you understand well how it works so I will explain it in detail:

With spell echo
on the first cast:
1. Curses from gloves lands
2. your curse with impending doom lands
3. curses of gloves with spell cascade lands and doom blast explodes
4. spell echo applies your doom again

on subsequent casts:
1. Curses from gloves land and doom blast from first cast explodes
2. your curse with impending doom lands
3. curses of gloves with spell cascade lands and doom blast explodes
4. spell echo applies your doom again

the exact same thing happens when spell echo is replaced by spell cascade. The only thing that changes is the 60% cast speed that you lose and the less area of effect that you have. You are correct for the damage reduction part (both spell echo and spell cascade do not lower doom blast damage) but it is not worth it to remove that much cast speed for the exact same effect.
Last edited by irrega on Feb 15, 2022, 7:54:01 AM
"
irrega wrote:
"
Bakadakadaka wrote:

Get as much max doom as you can for bosses and go crit build.
Submitting crit tree without jewels in a few minutes.

Thanks for this, got most of the gear and lucked out 5-linking the staff so I have everything but empower. Working on boosting my ES and crit rate now and I'm starting to randomly one shot rares/bosses when max doom crits go off lmao.
Hello, first of all, thanks for this build.

I change the skill tree with some friends.
It's a non-crit version of your build.

Changes :
Spoiler
Skill tree :
-Remove : ES, Iron Will, Wicked ward, Blast Radius and crit.
-Add : Jewel socket and maximun mana

Gem and Aura :
-Remove : Crit gems, Determination, Banner and Arcane Surge on Impending Doom.
-Add : Zealotery, Controlled Destruction on each spell and Arcane Surge on Hexblast

https://pastebin.com/gVWactJx
Last edited by MozartKaktus on Feb 18, 2022, 9:27:28 AM
quick question, got the gloves and a 5 link setup for the curses it's trigerring the hexes and debufs but theres no damge output. am not sure why

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info