[3.17] Double Impending Doom

"
irrega wrote:
spell cascade is used for the second doom blast - without it the damage on bosses is quite lower

I get that. I guess it comes to personal choice: Being locked in place because of spell echo, or needing to switch gems on bosses with a bit more single target DPS. I still hope i will have enough DPS in the end so I dont have to switch for normal map bosses.

"
irrega wrote:
The cane still gives us +3 to the level of Impending doom so I am not sure if its a nice trade.

Maybe not, i'm not sure. In the end I dont have a cane with +3 supports in SSF and i do got 2 void batteries somehow, so my options are limited. But stacking void batteries has always been great with skills that dont scale well with levels/hard to scale with levels.

"
irrega wrote:
I will check your build thoroughly later on and see what I can steal from it. With your permission ofc.

Go for it, thats why i posted it :p. It's very different tree then yours overall, since its aimed at SSF. So no cluster jewels, only items i currently got, etc. And i opted for 3 curses instead of increased AoE in the gloves (doesnt seem needed honestly) since enfeeble with a lot of extra curse effect is great defensively.
Last edited by Tortunga on Feb 23, 2022, 2:01:39 PM
"
Tortunga wrote:
I get that. I guess it comes to personal choice: Being locked in place because of spell echo, or needing to switch gems on bosses with a bit more single target DPS. I still hope i will have enough DPS in the end so I dont have to switch for normal map bosses.

Have you tried spell cascade on the main curse instead of spell echo? This is how I'm running it, you get the two applications but don't need to stand still for two (admittedly faster) casts. I've found this the smoothest setup for bosses and mapping.

"
Tortunga wrote:
And i opted for 3 curses instead of increased AoE in the gloves (doesnt seem needed honestly) since enfeeble with a lot of extra curse effect is great defensively.

I did this as well, I've set up (in order) Punishment : Assassin's Mark : Enfeeble (still a 2-curse limit). Assassin's Mark doesn't get cascade obviously, but having it applied on half of the explosions for bosses helps - plus life/mana/charge benefits on kill are all nice during mapping.
"
PseudoDragon wrote:

Have you tried spell cascade on the main curse instead of spell echo? This is how I'm running it, you get the two applications but don't need to stand still for two (admittedly faster) casts. I've found this the smoothest setup for bosses and mapping.

I did for a bit during leveling, but i'm not sure it actually works for single target. Impending Doom has a 0,15s CD and I dont think the delay between your casts and the cascades is 0.15s. The first part of cascade wouldn't go off after the first cast;

First cast applies despair goes off instantly, the cascade cast stays on target.
All the casts afterwards removes the current curse on it, applies a new one that doesnt go of since Impending Doom i still on CD, the cascade stays on the target.

"
PseudoDragon wrote:

I did this as well, I've set up (in order) Punishment : Assassin's Mark : Enfeeble (still a 2-curse limit). Assassin's Mark doesn't get cascade obviously, but having it applied on half of the explosions for bosses helps - plus life/mana/charge benefits on kill are all nice during mapping.

Didnt knew you could add marks in the gloves. Maybe i will drop the 3 curses and run the same set-up as you. Ass mark is a big damage boost for single target
"
Tortunga wrote:
I did for a bit during leveling, but i'm not sure it actually works for single target. Impending Doom has a 0,15s CD and I dont think the delay between your casts and the cascades is 0.15s. The first part of cascade wouldn't go off after the first cast;

Yeah you're right to keep a close eye on the Impending Doom cooldown. Thankfully it can store up to 3 uses - so as long as your cast time is longer than .3s, you'll always get back your two uses by the time you trigger two on the following cast. It definitely works for single target, try keeping the character screen open so you can watch the charges on Doom Blast - you'll see them spike down to 1 and immediately back to 3. With groups it drops to 0 frequently.
Last edited by PseudoDragon on Feb 24, 2022, 9:01:15 AM
"
PseudoDragon wrote:

Yeah you're right to keep a close eye on the Impending Doom cooldown. Thankfully it can store up to 3 uses - so as long as your cast time is longer than .3s, you'll always get back your two uses by the time you trigger two on the following cast. It definitely works for single target, try keeping the character screen open so you can watch the charges on Doom Blast - you'll see them spike down to 1 and immediately back to 3. With groups it drops to 0 frequently.

Ow didnt know it had that stacks. Nice to know. Might give cascade in the main link another go then.

Anyway got to 85, leveling was quick and easy after 36. It plays great and is a good all around mapper and can do tier 16's decently. Need a couple more levels for some extra health as i feel a bit squishy, but overall build is doing pretty well.

Single target is a different story. Map bosses aren't much of a problem but i did one Eater of Souls and it was slow. Really slow. My gems are only level 19 with no quality maybe that changes it, but it feels this is a good mapping build, not really a bossing one. Which is fine i will just use it to farm some expeditions/heists/etc. and see what i can get for a bossing build.
"

How does the mark work for AoE? Is it one of the many targets hit that gets the mark or all targets hit?
Last edited by celerycactus on Feb 24, 2022, 4:02:57 PM
"
celerycactus wrote:
How does the mark work for AoE? Is it one of the many targets hit that gets the mark or all targets hit?

Just 1 enemy. Thats the reason why you would run 2 curses + 1 mark in the gloves, while having 2 curse limit. 1 enemy will be hit with 2 curses+ 1 mark, while everyone ells will be hit with 2 curses.
I've been having fun with this build recently, thanks for posting it.

I'm still using Cane of Kulemak, with spell cascade (on temporal chains) as the selfcast curse, and divergent spell cascade on the gloves. It seems like close targets don't always get DoomBlasted on the first cast, but there's a tiny bit of overlap between sections 2 and 3 that sometimes gets DoomBlast twice. I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm this works and I'm not just hearing things :)

At clvl 82 I still have difficulty with bosses & don't like red maps, but that seems true for me regardless of what build I run :p
Even with mana issues through most of the campaign, I was typically fighting monsters above my clvl, which I don't often do.

Clearspeed seems to be based on a Profane Bloom & DoomBlast shotgun, and I am backing that up with Hexblast + Spell Echo. (Hexblast seems a touch faster than curses if I need a second hit, plus there's the chance to ignite on bosses.)

Is the updated "official" tree for this build still in the works? I'm doing my own hybrid of the two variations posted here, but PoB doesn't run on my computer so I'm undoubtedly suboptimal.
At what level can you start running this build at?
"
Archanyx wrote:
At what level can you start running this build at?

As soon as you get the gloves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info