[3.17] Double Impending Doom

"
I've been having fun with this build recently, thanks for posting it.

I'm still using Cane of Kulemak, with spell cascade (on temporal chains) as the selfcast curse, and divergent spell cascade on the gloves. It seems like close targets don't always get DoomBlasted on the first cast, but there's a tiny bit of overlap between sections 2 and 3 that sometimes gets DoomBlast twice. I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm this works and I'm not just hearing things :)

At clvl 82 I still have difficulty with bosses & don't like red maps, but that seems true for me regardless of what build I run :p
Even with mana issues through most of the campaign, I was typically fighting monsters above my clvl, which I don't often do.

Clearspeed seems to be based on a Profane Bloom & DoomBlast shotgun, and I am backing that up with Hexblast + Spell Echo. (Hexblast seems a touch faster than curses if I need a second hit, plus there's the chance to ignite on bosses.)

Is the updated "official" tree for this build still in the works? I'm doing my own hybrid of the two variations posted here, but PoB doesn't run on my computer so I'm undoubtedly suboptimal.

1. Doom blast does not always make a sound when it activates
2. Crit build seems to work pretty well and you can sometimes onesshot bosses with it. Both builds are not so different in boss killing speed if you dont get a lucky max doom crit
3. hexblast with spell echo is a waste of time - the repeated spell wont hit a curse with doom so it will do almost nothing, the ignite should do pretty much nothing when not speced

I am not sure about the second build bossing speed since I am not running it, either way if you wont invest in crit multiplayer you should just ignore the crit nodes. Last season I was running it noncrit and it was clearing pretty well but bossing was slow. That being said the noncrit build posted here is better optimized so it should be a tat better (and a lot more expensive)
Last edited by irrega on Mar 10, 2022, 9:33:19 AM
"
irrega wrote:

1. Doom blast does not always make a sound when it activates
2. Crit build seems to work pretty well and you can sometimes onesshot bosses with it. Both builds are not so different in boss killing speed if you dont get a lucky max doom crit
3. hexblast with spell echo is a waste of time - the repeated spell wont hit a curse with doom so it will do almost nothing, the ignite should do pretty much nothing when not speced

I am not sure about the second build bossing speed since I am not running it, either way if you wont invest in crit multiplayer you should just ignore the crit nodes. Last season I was running it noncrit and it was clearing pretty well but bossing was slow. That being said the noncrit build posted here is better optimized so it should be a tat better (and a lot more expensive)

1. Ah, good to know. Damage does seem kinda spiky; often it seems like I'm just poking a boss for while and then suddenly they collapse.

I've moved up to Awakened Spell Cascade on the manual curse & 20% qual Divergent Spell Cascade on the gloves. Hitting the sweet spot is still difficult, but there are definite points of shotgun/overlap.

2. Right now I'm at 41% crit / 220% mult on hexblast, and 51% crit / 374% mult on doomblast [according to the character screen, at least]. What do you consider "investing in crit mult" (and am I missing anything easy I could pick up)?

3. I use hexblast to finish packs more than bossing. Sometimes I get some extra shots in on a boss with it, but that's mostly if things are already going slow and I find the time while running for my life.
Spell Echo sometimes lets hexblast hit multiple targets, and it both hits faster and takes less mana than my divergent-cascade gloves. I suppose I can try faster casting at some point and see how that compares...
I don't expect much from ignite, but it makes hit & run feel like I'm still doing something--hexblast is mostly a QoL thing for me overall.
My gloves have Flammability and Despair, which should give the ignites a smidge of a boost, but I'm definitely not a hexblast-ignite build.

I also just rolled my Hexblast over from L20/q0 to L1/q20, so I have to level it some more to see how the "spell total combined damage" compares x_x
DPS looks at casting time and that's mostly nonsense here.

Though if anyone can point me toward calcs for Hexblast vs Doom Blast I would love to see those! (I may have to roll my own spreadsheet since PoB still hates me.) Hexblast has lower base damage but more added dmg effectiveness... so I have Void Manipulation on Doom Blast (in the cane) and Added Chaos Dmg on Hexblast.
My other support gems don't really match, but you can check my profile if you really want to see what I'm running. [ character is achn_DoomSong, if that's not obvious! ]

I've managed to get to level 88, red maps are starting to feel "easy enough" if I watch the mods, but I still have to be careful. I got through the 6-way Maven Crucible with only a few deaths, but wasn't able to defeat Catarina. I haven't spent much on gems yet, and my gear does the minimum basics but could definitely still use improvement.
what links do yall use for hexblast?
So i got to level 92 in SSF, clearing tier 16's is fine and its a good all around mapper. Not the fastest but relatively safe with limited gear. Most packs are one shot, map bosses take 10-15 seconds so not horrible but not amazing either. My average hit with 15 Doom and 10 withered stacks against Sirius is sitting just above 1M. Here is my current gear/PoB:

https://pobb.in/V1o90BIZ3YA7

I have dropped the whole cascade/spell echo stuff though. Clearing is a bit slower without it, but it really helps for essence rares, archnemesis rares, map bosses, etc.

That said I'm prob parking this char from here on. I dont see how to improve it further without getting high end expensive items, like +2 AoE chest. It's a great skill to just clear maps and prob a decent leaguestarter/budget build.

Defenses are alright with high effect enfeeble, 20k Evasion with flasks, but nothing special. Still have to play decently save.

Mana is a bit of an issue, but i think this can be fixed with - mana cost rings/amulets (you get 3/4 times the value of it since it lowers the trickered curses as well.

"
Though if anyone can point me toward calcs for Hexblast vs Doom Blast I would love to see those! (I may have to roll my own spreadsheet since PoB still hates me.) Hexblast has lower base damage but more added dmg effectiveness... so I have Void Manipulation on Doom Blast (in the cane) and Added Chaos Dmg on Hexblast.
My other support gems don't really match, but you can check my profile if you really want to see what I'm running. [ character is achn_DoomSong, if that's not obvious! ]

Hexblast has a much higher base damage than impending doom: Hexblast base damage at 20 is 1397 to 2096, impending doom is 868 to 1301. With a 6th support hexblast should prob do roughly twice the damage as impending doom.

How much that translated to actually DPS increase in a perfect situation is hard to say since it depends on cast speed of both, your doom gain rate, etc. but it will properly be around the 50% mark.
"
Tortunga wrote:

Hexblast has a much higher base damage than impending doom: Hexblast base damage at 20 is 1397 to 2096, impending doom is 868 to 1301. With a 6th support hexblast should prob do roughly twice the damage as impending doom.

How much that translated to actually DPS increase in a perfect situation is hard to say since it depends on cast speed of both, your doom gain rate, etc. but it will properly be around the 50% mark.

Yeah, not sure what I was looking at yesterday. I did some basic math and with just Added Chaos & Void Manipulation, Hexblast stays 150%-160% of Doom blast. DB does act like a 5L skill though, so a 6L hexblast defintely should outshine it. I played hexblast-ignite last league I was in, though, so I don't really want to go back to that.

I'll take a look at your final build and see if there's anything I want to use on mine :)
Hi, may i get a levelling tree of some sort?
I am currently switching this build to Hierophant - it fixes the mana issues and makes the spell spammable. On top of that, it is a lot more durable now.

at high level the mana problem and the bossing problems are fixed. Map bosses now die for about 5 sec on a 5 link so it is a good improvement.

Will post the new build in the main article when I am ready ( will probably take a while since I don't have much time for games recently)
Hey exiles,
I was wondering on how to get that much ES, i pretty much got the same items shown in his mapping, am i doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
1. the staff passive that gives 30% increased defense (check if you have it)
2. check if all items are with 20% quality
3. check if your jewelry has enough energy shield on them

Running my own variant of Impending Doom, thought I'd throw in my 2c

-you can avoid using Vixens entirely by lowering your main curse's duration to zero. There's a few ways to do this, all based on Anomalous quality on Impending doom, but IMO the best is using a [15% increased quality of socketed support gems] Cane of Kulemak (the hard part, needs almost perfect rolls) along with a Warped Timepiece with anointed Window of Opportunity.
(Heist runners don't seem to be picking Impending Doom gems so I needed to use a secondary regrading lens to make my own, luckily Anomalous has a 83% chance to roll from Superior)

-other sources of reduced duration - you can just path to the Window wheel or use an Impossible Escape (Magebane) to jump there for another 10%, or get 23% quality on your gem, or use a Timeclasp ring, or a Catarina unveiled staff instead of a Cane.

-The Petrified Blood + Eternal Youth + Dissolution of the flesh combo seems to work well with this concept, enabling low-life and solving mana issues with Lifetap as well as doubling my life pool and providing a powerful recovery mechanic (but very weak to DOTs and doesn't like chaotic fights like Phoenix or juiced maps where stuff comes at you constantly)

Final notes
- have you looked into using a lvl 30+ impending doom on a Forbidden Shako instead of a +3 Cane of Kulemak? Even without a relevant second gem on the Shako it should be some pretty nutty damage, going from lvl 24 to lvl 35 is about 200% more damage
-How about Inquisitor for lol!recovery and more crit?
-Leadership's Price amulet might be worth a look too, we can land some chunky hits with crit+max doom proc which means big Saps and Brittles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info