[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

"
NoImagination wrote:
Hurrah, 10m dps now:

Aug phys was 6ex, I think I paid 15ex last server. Presumably recombination is reducing its cost. And presumably we can make better weapons with recombination, but it seems tough given how few mods actually help us. We'd need to hit them all at once.

But for other gear, we should be able to make some really nice stuff.

How's the clear speed without using stuff like explody chest + fan the flames/berek's respite?

I tested it out a bit last league, and it felt like about 30% slower. I'll definitely add explosions in later on, but wanted the single target DPS for tough rares, this time round.

Berek's respite doesn't do much for me anymore, everything is already on fire. I'm not sure when's good to switch away from it - perhaps even when you're on a 6 link?

I plan to do melding of the flesh -> corpse pact jewels via voices -> explosion on chest + fan the flames. Something along those lines anyway.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 23, 2022, 3:16:28 AM
How is the performance with desecrate prior to swapping to phantasmal unearth?

As a comparison, I come from skel mage and spiders..

Spiders are very zoomy and t1 clearspeed but I struggle on hard bosses, and if they dont die before my spiders despawn, I have to relog and respawn my spiders outside the boss room again.

Skelmage is the exact opposite. Huge dense pack takes forever to kill (I dont use explode mechanics), bosses are a breeze.

Would DD ignite clear fast enough, and is the dps with desecrate good enough? I dont wanna spend on phantasmal unearth until I got a feel on how this build is doing. Thanks
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate wrote:

Spiders are very zoomy and t1 clearspeed but I struggle on hard bosses, and if they dont die before my spiders despawn, I have to relog and respawn my spiders outside the boss room again.

Skelmage is the exact opposite. Huge dense pack takes forever to kill (I dont use explode mechanics), bosses are a breeze.

Would DD ignite clear fast enough, and is the dps with desecrate good enough? I dont wanna spend on phantasmal unearth until I got a feel on how this build is doing. Thanks

Trust me, just dont try this, especially this league. There are enough builds that can rip everything with 10ex budget in the game, but not this one. You will be disappointed. Dont waste your resources/time.
"
dejuvenate wrote:

There are a ton of players running DD Ignite Necromancer in hardcore and HCSSF. There's a good reason for it. It *clears* very well thanks to natural monster life scaling and ignite proliferation and is tanky af. You might struggle with single target if you are bad at corpse fishing with Desecrate+Bugged Spectres, but ideally you pop focus for increased ailment duration (helmet unveil/craft) and use vaal DD for a juiced ignite with a long duration.

If you're not planning to start with Unearth right away then I would start as necromancer personally. The extra corpse life from Corpse Pact makes a MUCH bigger difference in damage when using desecrate vs Phantasmal Unearth.
1. Is there any guide on how to craft the weapon ? is it alteration spam then regal and multicraft?

2. I feel a bit squish in t16 with altar, I now have 75 attack block 60 spell block, 40000 armour, 5300 hp and 2500 es. Is my defense good enough? I sometimes got one shot by random mobs.
Do you recommend to swap malevolence to grace and try to fit some spell suppression? Or you will recommend to go for melding of the flesh for 85-90 res?
"
brianabcd wrote:
1. Is there any guide on how to craft the weapon ? is it alteration spam then regal and multicraft?

2. I feel a bit squish in t16 with altar, I now have 75 attack block 60 spell block, 40000 armour, 5300 hp and 2500 es. Is my defense good enough? I sometimes got one shot by random mobs.
Do you recommend to swap malevolence to grace and try to fit some spell suppression? Or you will recommend to go for melding of the flesh for 85-90 res?

I would look into weapon recombinators for crafting a weapon unless you are using a synthesized base. But yeah, alt spam, imprint, regal, aisling, multimod.

As for further defenses, I would go for melding of the flesh personally. You can, of course, go teh grace+spell suppression route if you want to--that's what the HC players do. xD

Edit: also, if you're doing Altars with the Wrath of the Cosmos Keystone then that would explain the occasional 1-shot. Especially since it's a Glancing Blows build as an Elementalist. Getting Mistress of Sacrifice Forbidden Jewels or Shaper of Flames (and speccing to necromancer) and running Bone Offering for true block instead of GB would be a large defensive boost.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on May 24, 2022, 12:14:31 AM
"
dejuvenate wrote:

As Gryph said, spectre fishing isn't for everyone. For me at least its just not a very efficient way to do damage so until P.Unearth I swapped to EA bow, its the cheapest way to do damage while you can wear the same items but you'll be much more squishy.
At the end of the day Vaal DD is insane and Gryph's build is the tankiest sh1t out there once you have chaos res cap and lots of armor.
"
brianabcd wrote:

Try here.

"
brianabcd wrote:

League is dangerous. I'm running Wellspring of Creation with altars, but that's post-weapon. I'm in the process of going Melding of the Flesh though.
Last edited by NoImagination on May 24, 2022, 1:14:32 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Anyone see any good Impossible Escape locations?

Lethe Shade is good, lets you drop several low value/worthless passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info