[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

"
thedukey wrote:
Thanks, I may do that when I get more clusters.

I just stumbled on the large cluster being more damage because master of fire was really expensive. I'm still trying to roll one with harvest crafts.

Don't. Master of Fire is virtually useless for this build because its radius is so small, like actually very tiny.

You would need to stand on top your target for it to do anything and that's just not the case with this build. Safe your money and rerolls, there are plenty other nodes that will help you much more.
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
"
thedukey wrote:
Thanks, I may do that when I get more clusters.

I just stumbled on the large cluster being more damage because master of fire was really expensive. I'm still trying to roll one with harvest crafts.

Don't. Master of Fire is virtually useless for this build because its radius is so small, like actually very tiny.

You would need to stand on top your target for it to do anything and that's just not the case with this build. Safe your money and rerolls, there are plenty other nodes that will help you much more.

While, yes, Master of Fire is expensive and you can just hope Corrosive Elements or another source will proc it...It's not that small of a radius. It covers almost the whole screen.

Also, this build likes to be right in the thick of combat most of the time anyway.

Just to give a visualization, this is slightly inside the radius of Master of Fire and you can see that the archer is "Vulnerable to Fire" by just being within said radius.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Just to give a visualization, this is slightly inside the radius of Master of Fire and you can see that the archer is "Vulnerable to Fire" by just being within said radius.

This is weird. I've tested the radius in PVP and it wasn't bigger than a normal righteous fire, less than half of what you are showing there.

My Inquisitor at the time even had quite some AoE nodes but I wouldn't expect Master of Fire to scale with aoe at all.

I don't know what to say, this doesn't make sense.

Edit:
check this one out
Last edited by Starbuckz42 on Nov 20, 2021, 2:22:26 PM
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

This is weird. I've tested the radius in PVP and it wasn't bigger than a normal righteous fire, less than half of what you are showing there.

My Inquisitor at the time even had quite some AoE nodes but I wouldn't expect Master of Fire to scale with aoe at all.

I don't know what to say, this doesn't make sense.

Edit:
check this one out

Maybe it scales differently in PVP? test it in Blood Aqueducts.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I just did and... the radius remains tiny. Less than half of what is on your screenshot.

Edit:
Master of Fire has a visual effect which isn't present on your screenshot.
Are you sure that exposure comes from MoF?

I've recorded a short clip
Last edited by Starbuckz42 on Nov 20, 2021, 2:48:55 PM
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I just did and... the radius remains tiny. Less than half of what is on your screenshot.

Edit:
Master of Fire has a visual effect which isn't present on your screenshot.
Are you sure that exposure comes from MoF?

I've recorded a short clip

I'm thinking it's affected by AOE then because, yes that's my only source of exposure other than a CWDT Wave of Conviction.

These are both giving me some extra AOE. Plus 60% from Elementalist ascendancy.

Maybe it's a bug? I removed my amulet (and thus most of my gear) and the radius became quite small. It also stayed small after re-equipping the amulet until I switched zones and then went back to big AOE.
Something's definitely not quite right with that, usually "nearby" is a static value.

I am playing the same build as you and don't have much less AoE than you but the difference is very noticeable in my opinion.

It is what it is in typical GGG fashion.
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
Something's definitely not quite right with that, usually "nearby" is a static value.

I am playing the same build as you and don't have much less AoE than you but the difference is very noticeable in my opinion.

It is what it is in typical GGG fashion.

Yuuuuup.

All that said, it's not like it's NEEDED. I just find it very convenient bc I don't mind being up in the faces of bosses. Gives me a nice damage boost until WOC procs and is nice for hard content like full party pure breachstone carries and later wave Simulacrums where the extra damage actually starts to matter.
Could you please take off your helmet and try again?
Last edited by Starbuckz42 on Nov 20, 2021, 5:08:44 PM
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
Could you please take off your helmet and try again?

lol, that's what it was. totally overlooked that, Good catch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info