[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

"
Blutspakt wrote:
this builds seems funs. but starting now would be senseless it seems.

the gloves would be so expensive even if there were any on the market...

sad league for me so far. no fun, not atalas clear, tried ten builds or more all were slow or shitty because squishy or insanly expensive...

then i saw this guid thought... yhea looks fun fast seems tanky screen clears.... all i want for a build

but those gloves... even getting this entchant on helm...

destructing my motivation.

mmm, the helmet enchant isn't particularly expensive for just a base. Then you can use essences to make a decent helmet.

Finished gloves are expensive to make, but it's not like you need to have exactly those to get the build rolling. Honestly, you can skip Phantasmal Unearth (expensive gem btw) and use desecrate with the bugged spectres to play the build and save up for the bigger upgrades.
I disagree. I am able to do (mostly) juiced maps with a gimped version of the build. I recently switched over to
(which cost me 4ex) but previously I was using a rare with just +2 to socketed projectile gems. You can buy phantasmal unearth w/ <20% quality for about 3 to 5ex, and the helm enchant is fairly cheap still though if you want it on a good base it will cost you more. Overall, the build scales with $$$ but it's also fairly budget friendly. I guess it depends on *how* much strength you need to be happy, but I started this league with fireball ignite and DD+Unearth was easy to switch to, even with crap gear.

Also, I got 14ex yesterday selling 2x tailor orbs that I got from the same heist. I would say there's still easy money to be made. The league isn't over until it's over.

It's true if you want Gryph's *exact* build, you will need like 50 ex, just his gloves alone from scourge will cost you half that.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jul 10, 2022, 3:53:17 PM
im playing right now a desecrate build.

its a little bit different. but i think its cheap thatswhy affordable.

i think whenn this build works i can do a respecc after i got some currency^^

Alright, thanks to apothecary finally dropping after 600 crimson temples, I'm basically done besides mageblood and minor tweaks. It's been real you guys.
"
intesafarlig wrote:
edit: that purity of ice ring, how do you guys suggest going about that? Buying good overall bases and rings with the implicit, scouring and recombinating? I hate craft of exile :/

At the time I did it, the most economical route was to buy a pile of bases with the synthesis mod already on, rather than try to combine onto such a base. I made two rings - one dot multi + fire + t1 all-res, and one dot multi + dex + t1 chaos res, both with life + reduced mana prefixes.

Then essence of delirium for dot multi on one, alt spam another til t1 all-res, get both down to ONLY have that suffix, and combine.

For the other, essence of anger on one, then alt spam all-res, combine the two as above.

You need to have one ring with dot multi + all-res, and another with fire damage + all-res. Then you combine to hit dot multi, fire damage, all res suffixes.

You now need an empty prefix so you can empty them all, and harvest spam life with suffixes cannot be changed. I was fine with T2 + T1 ES, as you also want an empty prefix for the mana craft.

Obviously if you're going t1 chaos, you do that instead of all-res. And if you're going dex, use an essence there too. I'm on 37 dex on a ring because t3 essences were cheap & were all I needed at the time.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 13, 2022, 12:05:42 PM
I'm playing with a timeless Caspiro to completely negate all attribute requirements. Finding one that gives block, armour, and other stats useful for this build is annoying though, most of them are trash or horribly overcosted (wasted 7 ex trying out a few duds too).
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jul 14, 2022, 4:26:47 PM
Alright I lied, I'm still chasing that mageblood and fucking around towards the end of the league. Fun: I had an open prefix on this helmet and after trying to figure out what to do for hours I just slammed it and got +2 minion gems which I think makes it great for a build I'm absolutely not playing :D

Thinking of trying this out in kalandra league. but Aeigs being 16 divine is a killer for me atm. is there an alternative to that shield?

alternatively i have been thinking of trying out Bodyswap with bronn's lithe, using this build as a baseline to go from.

with bronn's being an evasion chest how would you convert this build to evasion as it stands?
Foe people who wants to try out this build in 3.19 here is my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/mngqzzTJ

I have played this build in 3.18 and now playing in 3.19, here are some of my thoughts about it for 3.19

Pro:
Good dot damage (20m dot)
Insane clear (Pop + ignite prolif = chain clear screens of mobs)
Good defense (Block cap with around 1000 es recovery on block)
Fast (165% movement speed shield charge)

Cons:
DOT
2 button playstyle
a bit be expensive to start
Hard to scale further after reaching a certain point

Details:

DPS: Vaal DD from 9% --> 8%, which is a big lost in highest damage. but on the other hand, DD damage increased from 6% --> 8%, which means we are dealing more damage at the start of a fight and if the fight is long/ lot of phases / hard to aquire souls, we might be actually dealing more damage than 3.18.

Mana reservation: still able to fit determination, malev, tempest shield, but might need to use annointment or gear for some more mana eff

mana: because we are using lvl 21 dd, the mana cost goes from 20 to 60+, might need -mana cost on tree or ring, I am also using lvl 9 clarity. So it might be tight on socket.

Crafting wand: the ignite wand will be much more rng to craft, because of the removing 1 mod on augment physical, which I removed the veiled fire damage, resulting only 2 mods on the item. The item can still be acquired deterministically but will require few more tries on veil and aug phys(4-7 divines per try). Thats why i go with the trigger route instead of the dot multi + crafted fire dot multi.

Crafting gloves: I used hands of the high templar last league, but i want to try out something new. This gloves is not that hard/expensive to craft, I also get pretty lucky, hitting the suffix in 4 tries and getting the veil prefix on my first try

Cost: phantasmial unearth is much cheaper(20-60c) compaer to last league 9 ex, but aegis is so much more expensive. I have been using % life on block before I can acquire an aegis. Ashes is also much cheaper this league, therefore this build might be chepaer than before.

Defense: Last league, I was using grace, with profane bloom jewel, melding with 85% res This league I want to boss and be more thanky,but due to melding nerf, i tried something mew. using the necro offering forbidden jewel with trigger wand, allowing me to cap block without glancing blow. I am pretty tanky in general mapping and normal bosses, except dealing with dot.

Last edited by brianabcd on Sep 7, 2022, 4:18:47 AM
Hi Gryph, absolutely loved your build in past leagues, any chance we can still go crit route with it for bossing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info