Multistrike

bought a multistrike and flipped it shortly after.. made a few chaos.

the gem is worthless for melee in my opinion.. or maybe its just my build. but I can clear maps easily with my pure physical damage melee build with other skills combinations.. not with this support skill tho.

I have seen the vids of its over poweredness with LS. its not a melee gem.. just another ranged booster
I didn't like this gem at first. But after using it for several maps I quickly came to realize it is a quality of life gem. For those that can't or don't use cleave or gs ect, this support provides an easy way to hit things in melee. I don't think it is for everyone, but it def made my life easier in melee range.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Drahken wrote:
bought a multistrike and flipped it shortly after.. made a few chaos.

the gem is worthless for melee in my opinion.. or maybe its just my build. but I can clear maps easily with my pure physical damage melee build with other skills combinations.. not with this support skill tho.

I have seen the vids of its over poweredness with LS. its not a melee gem.. just another ranged booster

It IS a melee gem, just not in the sense of phyisical damage melee. Shame current state of the game is Elemental damage in whatever form you deliver it.

Untill they give physical damage build an option to penetrate armour or somthing it'll always be inferior to elemental damage. So we have to make the best with what we have even though we're way weaker than elemental based damage dealers.
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
I tested multistrike out and wanted to share my thoughts. I feel it is a very fun support to use, but as far as effectiveness, I thought it falls short of helping melee, specifically physical damage melee. I tried with flicker strike, leap slam, sweep, ground slam and heavy strike-coupled with splash. The end result, I bought it for 16 chaos and sold it later for 15, so at least I got to try it for a chaos. Anyway, here are my thoughts on each skill combo

Flicker strike - Super fun to use, my dps on screen said 8k linked with add phys, add fire, multi, and life leech. The main downside is losing control over character in order to sustain the DPS. Too risky with 15% exp penalty for death and having to using bloodrage which eats my life regen. Straight up doesn't make sense all around.

Leap Slam - The most effective using multi strike, but that doesn't say much. There are issues with dysnc doing this and cannot control where I want the damage and stun. All it really does is take longer to do the damage that one leap slam would do w/o multi strike, takes longer to finish, while losing control of precision stunning and grouping. Also, Makes using leap slam as a movement skill pointless.

Sweep - Pretty much same issue as leap slam. Swing three times to do what one swing could do and lose a chance of longer stun. Also, lose control of character for a longer period of time.

Ground Slam - Again, lesser chance to stun and duration reduced. Fun to watch and hear the slams, but increased risk for minimal damage increase.

Heavy strike w/ splash - Basically, don't even try it. Way too buggy and you push mobs away from you while trying to land strikes. Hits hard if you get into a group of mobs just right, but waste of time spent trying to position each hit.

Sorry for the long text, but I hope this helps any physical damage types wanting to try multi strike so you don't have to drop coin and waste time. I would recommend against it. Elemental appears to be a different case, but I cannot speak for that because I am focusing on my phys marauder. I would have to agree physical damage build needs help - considering I have a high level ele cleave duelist, this is an honest opinion.
"
Zealflare wrote:
"
sober667 wrote:
Have anybody tested it with flicker strike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrmAXyT9qw

Skip to 5:53 for flicker.

Hoooly fuck look at that infernal blow flicker army...
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Infernal Blow loves Multistrike.

Linked up with Faster Attacks, Elemental Damage and Multistrike it becomes something unholy.

8APS Infernal Blow with 12k dps....

My next build is actually a summoner variant using Dominating Blow Multistrike Increased Duration Weapon Elemental Faster Attacks and Splash. Max summons and everything I whack on becomes mine. Dominating has some real potential now.

Alexis
*smiles*
Last edited by Merlinus_Celidonus on Apr 12, 2013, 12:26:09 PM
Ok i dont know who tested that gem on cleave but...
Multistrike sux with Hybrid cleave (physical/ele cleave) I am dw, with 2 nice high dps axes.
Lost a lot currency to get my build works. Got 11k dps atm, most ele cleave dmg has way much dps.. and? read more.. I have 12% quality multistrike, lvl 15. I replaced it instead of added fire gem(tried on other gems but it was only worse). So i used Cleave/faster attack/Multistrike/melee dmg/weapon elemental dmg/blood magic gem. I have only 500 less dps using this gem. This gem isnt increase dps... i attack faster? Sure, but where is my dps? It does nothing!

It does increase my dps (by 2k) on 6l with all support gems(melee dmg, added fire, wed, faster attack, weapon elemental dmg, multistrike) but then mana cost is too high and i cant handle it. If i go BM in passive i would lose dps too cuz i wouldnt be able to use hatred etc.

Nice buff for ele melees... I think you forgot about some players who dont only play pure ele cleave. At least low that -40% less dmg to something like -30%.. or remove mana multiplier
Or.... just nerf ele cleavers.

I just want to see some balance in this game vs ele cleave and hybrid cleave.

Regards.

PS. My build and more information about my build you can find at forum: 237301.
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 13, 2013, 8:27:07 AM
i'm a pure physical duel wield duelist that uses cleave/dual strike and I dont know if people are not considering this or what, but as i see it, once you level it to level 14-15 (where the melee damage decrease is negated) or earlier if you have quality, wouldn't this become a vastly superior gem to just faster attacks? Right now i'm using it with cleave where i'm sitting at 7k dps

i have cleave simply on a 4 link that uses faster attacks+melee damage+multistrike.

I originally had added fire where multistrike is and with that i do like 7.4k. Honestly, i use multistrike cause its just fun being able to attack so ridiculously quickly (8.39 attacks per second, lol), it also since it auto tracks targets lets me just hold down the button and let it attack whichever enemy is around me in a 360 degree radius.

once i level it up more (at lvl 12 currently) i'll replace faster attacks with it and re-add in added fire damage which i think will overall be a nice increase but we shall see.

overall i think the gem could be buffed when it comes to physical melee attacks. The issue of melee is still very much a problem, enemy defense always cuts down our attack vastly more than other sources of damage, so either add in armor piercing or just straight increase physical damage on certain gems.
IGN: Visciious
"
i'm a pure physical duel wield duelist that uses cleave/dual strike and I dont know if people are not considering this or what, but as i see it, once you level it to level 14-15 (where the melee damage decrease is negated) or earlier if you have quality, wouldn't this become a vastly superior gem to just faster attacks? Right now i'm using it with cleave where i'm sitting at 7k dps

i have cleave simply on a 4 link that uses faster attacks+melee damage+multistrike.

I originally had added fire where multistrike is and with that i do like 7.4k. Honestly, i use multistrike cause its just fun being able to attack so ridiculously quickly (8.39 attacks per second, lol), it also since it auto tracks targets lets me just hold down the button and let it attack whichever enemy is around me in a 360 degree radius.

once i level it up more (at lvl 12 currently) i'll replace faster attacks with it and re-add in added fire damage which i think will overall be a nice increase but we shall see.

overall i think the gem could be buffed when it comes to physical melee attacks. The issue of melee is still very much a problem, enemy defense always cuts down our attack vastly more than other sources of damage, so either add in armor piercing or just straight increase physical damage on certain gems.

Multistrike is a gem only for ele builds, i tested on on my hybrid cleave. It doesnt do anything. We just have to wait for new support gems for physical cleave builds.

And now... even if ur dps tooltip showing u that u do decent dmg with that multistrike, its still not true. WHY? Because you doing small single hits with ur multistrike like 1000 dps(or whatever is ur dps) with 8 hits (this is how multistrike works, u hit faster but u do less dmg), and there is ur 1k dps *8 hits = 8000 dps.

What about this small single hits? These hits doesnt shred armour of a mobs. If the mobs have high armour you would do less dps. You need hit with higher dps to shred the armour. Hope u understand now, why multistrike isnt for us.
Thats why its better to hit slower but do higher damage per hits, its most effective.
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 13, 2013, 8:32:56 PM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
"

Multistrike is a gem only for ele builds, i tested on on my hybrid cleave. It doesnt do anything. We just have to wait for new support gems for physical cleave builds.

And now... even if ur dps tooltip showing u that u do decent dmg with that multistrike, its still not true. WHY? Because you doing small single hits with ur multistrike like 1000 dps(or whatever is ur dps) with 8 hits (this is how multistrike works, u hit faster but u do less dmg), and there is ur 1k dps *8 hits = 8000 dps.

What about this small single hits? These hits doesnt shred armour of a mobs. If the mobs have high armour you would do less dps. You need hit with higher dps to shred the armour. Hope u understand now, why multistrike isnt for us.
Thats why its better to hit slower but do higher damage per hits, its most effective.

yea, but like i said, once i hit that lvl 15 threshold where the damage decrease is negated, i'll switch out faster attacks for multistrike. so it essentially turns into a vastly improved faster attacks gem that auto attacks 3 times. the end combo i'd be using would be cleave -> multistrike>added melee>added fire. Unless i'm misunderstanding something, the damage per hit should be the same as using cleave>faster attacks>added melee>added fire, but since multistrike has a huge increase in attackspeed I should be able to hit faster. (with very minor gains in damage after lvl 15)
IGN: Visciious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info