Multistrike

I was thinking this would be fun with dual strike, but after trying it it actually made things works, in fact splash worked much better with dual strike, but even that was worse than cleave. The thing is even on a single target it was killing much slower than without the melee splash, and I mean without even having a fifth gem in place of it. Maybe if it was given some armor penetration factor. I dunno it just wasn't as great as I had hoped.

I did however find something I like it on, although it's dangerous. It goes pretty well on cyclone. My damage listed is fairly low although it seems to have ok kill speed. The nice thing about it is I'm actually hitting stuff now, thanks to its auto target feature, before the desync would make it so nothing landed, now with multistrike hits can land. I still occasionally desync bad and then I sometimes risk death with this, definitely not as safe as cleave. But if desync issues were fixed it might work fairly well.

I tried it on a few other things and other characters, but overall didn't like it. Even wasted a characters respec I had saved on something that was awful.
"
Darktagnan wrote:
For those worried about this getting nerfed, check its kill speed against freezing pulse or EK.

Or LA, EA or or... there are many builds that kills alot faster then these tbh...

Also this gem is not as good with physical melee either. Kripp explained this pretty good in his last video as well. So even if the tooltip show more damage and you will for sure attack faster it may result in quite a bit loss in dps anyway due to how armor is working on physical armor. This may be the reason why many find it to actually be less good then they thought.

/T
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Is this gonna be like cyclone where tooltip dps does not reflect actual dps? Is tooltip dps only showing 1 hit instead of 3?

The tooltip always shows only a single hit.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Is this gonna be like cyclone where tooltip dps does not reflect actual dps? Is tooltip dps only showing 1 hit instead of 3?

The tooltip always shows only a single hit.

My tooltip said 9k damage on dual strike. But without multstrike I was a couple thousand less. Yet damage was superior without multistrike, since I am physical, and the whole armor thing mentioned a thousand times.
even with armor, i'm struggling to see how a duel strike with multistrike is less than without...
also has someone tried doing double strike with multistrike =p? that will get silly
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
even with armor, i'm struggling to see how a duel strike with multistrike is less than without...
also has someone tried doing double strike with multistrike =p? that will get silly

Simple, based on how armor is calculated. lets say their armor reduces hit damage by 50, lets say you ds for 100, it drops down to 50 damage. Now lets say you attach multi, now you are doing 60 damage a hit but now that 50 damage mitigation drops you down to 10 damage done. so you did 3 attacks, so you did 30 total damage with multistrike but 50 without it.

Obviously this is overly simplistic and doesn't accurately calculate everything, just trying to paint a picture for you.
monster would have 1200 armor to make a 100 damage hit into 50 damage.
a now 60 damage hit against same armor is then 22.5 damage rounded to nearest whole and times 3 for multi which is 69 damage total.
the armor equation is reduction = armor/(armor +12 *damage), which you put back against the 60 to get the 22.5
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Huh, well I replaced added fire dmg with this gem and lost 1200 tooltip dps. Granted the gem isn't leveled, but that is not promising. I'll keep testing as I level it up.

For raw DPS the gem is actually not that good at all. It's mostly an ease of use (3 attacks with auto-aim for 1 click) gem, with the exception of abusing it with Flicker/Lightning Strike.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
a now 60 damage hit against same armor is then 22.5 damage rounded to nearest whole and times 3 for multi which is 69 damage total.
the armor equation is reduction = armor/(armor +12 *damage), which you put back against the 60 to get the 22.5

I guess it's easier to look at Kripps video and you will see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxpM-rHiuI&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1

/T
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
"
thrilled wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

I guess it's easier to look at Kripps video and you will see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxpM-rHiuI&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1

/T
i did... exactly the same as he did... please don't do this again, i'm not stupid. i just don't understand why people get weird.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info