Multistrike

"
Reiv_Corvus wrote:
"
Or for 100% dps increase in some cases (LS) and 13% less mana cost.

Love seeing people lobbying to get their own setup nerfed.

The LS comment was just a small add - the major correction I made was that it doesn't cost 80% more mana but 13% less.

EDIT: But yeah you're right - should finally be happy that there are some melee skills that finally can compete with ranged and it would obviously suck big time if if got nerfed somehow.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on Apr 9, 2013, 1:35:20 PM
"
"
Reiv_Corvus wrote:
"
Or for 100% dps increase in some cases (LS) and 13% less mana cost.

Love seeing people lobbying to get their own setup nerfed.

The LS comment was just a small add - the major correction I made was that it doesn't cost 80% more mana but 13% less.

EDIT: But yeah you're right - should finally be happy that there are some melee skills that finally can compete with ranged and it would obviously suck big time if if got nerfed somehow.
its not melee. Just another OP ranged elemental attack.
"
It's too bad Kripp didn't try this with Whirling Blades, could have been funny.

I don´t know, what you watched, but he DID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrmAXyT9qw
Last edited by Tarantel on Apr 9, 2013, 5:46:20 PM
"
Tarantel wrote:
"
It's too bad Kripp didn't try this with Whirling Blades, could have been funny.

I don´t know, what you watched, but he DID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrmAXyT9qw

Maybe I went blind/deaf for a few seconds without realizing it, but I don't think he mentioned http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Whirling_Blades at all. If you could point out a specific time so I can re-watch it, that'd be nice.

Otherwise, I'd really like some confirmation. Google isn't helping.
Finally, something to compete with Lightning Arrows and Ice Spear totems.

Solo farm speed is much faster now.
I just found one finally (10% woot!) I'm curious though, aside from flicker, what else are people having great success linking this to? I'm 1h/shield user and I tried this with GS and found that I didn't like it. The kill speed felt much slower. I'm still working on leveling it up as maybe that is what caused the feeling of much less dmg, but are there any skills that are having huge success with this, melee skills I mean? I won't use LS.

Thanks
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 10, 2013, 3:23:43 AM
You pretty much hit the two that seem to be really good with it already. LS and flicker.

With most other skills it is just "okay," not amazing.

Since it gives "increased" attack speed instead of "more" attack speed, the more attack speed you have, the worse it is. A build that stacks attack speed and uses bloodrage could conceivably lose DPS by slotting it, over nothing.

In the extreme example, suppose you're using it with frenzy, have 7 frenzy charges, and have a total of 50% off-weapon increased attack speed (between gear and passives). You get 77% attack speed from frenzy, 35% from charges, 88% from multistrike.

Without multistrike, you do 1*(1 + 0.5 + 0.77 + 0.35) = 2.62 dps (normalized)
With multistrike, you do 0.6*(1 + 0.5 + 0.77 + 0.35 + 0.88) = 2.1 dps (normalized)

So you lose about 20% dps slotting it, as compared to an empty socket. Now that's an unleveled multistrike gem, leveling the gem makes it a little better, but exactly how much is complicated by your %physical, and how much weapon elemental you may have. With reasonable gear the level bonus certainly isn't going to make up 20% more DPS (let alone what you could get from a different support).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 10, 2013, 4:07:12 AM
"
Since it gives "increased" attack speed instead of "more" attack speed, the more attack speed you have, the worse it is. A build that stacks attack speed and uses bloodrage could conceivably lose DPS by slotting it, over nothing.

It gives "more" attack speed.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Huh, well I replaced added fire dmg with this gem and lost 1200 tooltip dps. Granted the gem isn't leveled, but that is not promising. I'll keep testing as I level it up.

Is this gonna be like cyclone where tooltip dps does not reflect actual dps? Is tooltip dps only showing 1 hit instead of 3?
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 10, 2013, 4:59:37 AM
"
It gives "more" attack speed.

Dur. Not sure how I got it in my head that it was increased. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info