Multistrike

Can someone try to Multistrike + Splash + Elemental hit? This should be viable to an extent right? Sounds good on paper but at the moment will not spend alot on multi and splash just to test it. Thanks!
"
Laotianking wrote:
Can someone try to Multistrike + Splash + Elemental hit? This should be viable to an extent right? Sounds good on paper but at the moment will not spend alot on multi and splash just to test it. Thanks!

Have a leveled elemental hit?
hiho.. i found a multistrike gem today.. and for my duelist physical/ele lasercleaver build.. "its shit ;)"
..welllll thats what i first thought when using it with cleave..10 hits per second like a lawnmower but an old rusty one with less damage..

ookk i combined it ( on a 5L chest) with a level 18 elemental hit.. well makes quit some damage.. but its suicide.. u can kill yourself in an instant.

with lightningstrike its like a 3-ray-railgun..quite effektive but also anoying ;) and baahh not what i like ..

oookkk but i found a real awesome use for it finally!!.. im using frenzy to gain some charges.. but its reeealy hard to hit as a melee and keep up the frenzy charges.. with multistike and the autohit its like a charm.. well u dondt get 3 charges with one multistrike.. but its fcking fast and its allways hitting blind.. so i can keep up frenzy all the time and on a 4link wit added fire and weapon ele its even doing around 6k++

well its the best frenzy-fire-and-forget- support gem for a melee.. and i can cleave like a moulinex 3000 ;)

seeya
"
krassi3000 wrote:
hiho.. i found a multistrike gem today.. and for my duelist physical/ele lasercleaver build.. "its shit ;)"
..welllll thats what i first thought when using it with cleave..10 hits per second like a lawnmower but an old rusty one with less damage..

ookk i combined it ( on a 5L chest) with a level 18 elemental hit.. well makes quit some damage.. but its suicide.. u can kill yourself in an instant.

with lightningstrike its like a 3-ray-railgun..quite effektive but also anoying ;) and baahh not what i like ..

oookkk but i found a real awesome use for it finally!!.. im using frenzy to gain some charges.. but its reeealy hard to hit as a melee and keep up the frenzy charges.. with multistike and the autohit its like a charm.. well u dondt get 3 charges with one multistrike.. but its fcking fast and its allways hitting blind.. so i can keep up frenzy all the time and on a 4link wit added fire and weapon ele its even doing around 6k++

well its the best frenzy-fire-and-forget- support gem for a melee.. and i can cleave like a moulinex 3000 ;)

seeya

That's kind of interesting, I could see that being even nicer if you have a lot of charges. try adding splash and report back.
hiho.. i tried it on my 4link with meleesplash.. well .. its just a level crap one and instead of 5,5k with elemental damage gem its only 2,5k and only does stuff with many enemies.. and well it doesnt do much on a 4 link .. (armor problem with low damage attacks)

i only use multistrike to pump up my frenzy nodes without having trouble to hit my target, and i keep them constantly up without trouble anymore.. and it does 8k with 3charges and my +16gem.. well i dondt go for more charges.. waste of skill points for me and its just to power up my cleave wich is with 15k (3 bm auras) my single/aoe/killwhatever attack..

multistrike is a real keeper for powering up frenzy 24/7 ;)
Last edited by krassi3000 on Apr 16, 2013, 12:07:08 PM
Nevermind.

Thought the attack speed calculation was broken but seems like the attackspeed is calculated alternating between the two weapons when dual wielding.
Last edited by Woodfist on Apr 16, 2013, 4:11:52 PM
I'm playing a physical cleave acrobatics/dwblock ranger.

And I find multi-strike quite useful.

Yes, the damage benefits might be marginal although, provided you have somewhat decent weapons I doubt that it actually lowers your effective dps. Where it shines is in the application of on hit effects such as crit, blind and life on hit.
With life on hit and blind on a multistrike cleave you become an almost invincible tank and, if you spam enduring cry, the party behind you can focus on blowing up shit while you just do your thing.

Linking a multistriked cleave to concentrated effect while wearing a carcass jack also works very well but this has nothing to do with multistrike I guess.
Still waiting for it to drop. I'm planning to use it with Infernal Blow on my 2-hander Shadow, but it needs to drop first grr!
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
Double strike is using the same mechanics from the beginning, and some players have been using it with physical dmg, I'm thinking about invalesco crit dagger shadow here. And his shadow is/was really powerful using double strike. Well double strike increase the dmg where here it increase the attack speed, but using a melee skill that only increase the damage with this support would be like using double strike with more attacks and more targets.

I have already melee phys + melee full + dual strike + increased crit dmg and I want to see how it will work out with multi strike.

Btw, WHY THE HELL IS THIS GEM RED ? >_<*
In what world is striking more time at different targets a proof of strength ? NONE
this gem should be green, the action is agility based.
Dexterity melee skills suffer from the very beginning of this game from the lack of AOE, here is one skill that would fit perfectly to it, but NO, it has to be a red one -___-".
Screw that =/.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Apr 16, 2013, 10:26:17 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
Double strike is using the same mechanics from the beginning, and some players have been using it with physical dmg, I'm thinking about invalesco crit dagger shadow here. And his shadow is/was really powerful using double strike. Well double strike increase the dmg where here it increase the attack speed, but using a melee skill that only increase the damage with this support would be like using double strike with more attacks and more targets.

I have already melee phys + melee full + dual strike + increased crit dmg and I want to see how it will work out with multi strike.

Btw, WHY THE HELL IS THIS GEM RED ? >_<*
In what world is striking more time at different targets a proof of strength ? NONE
this gem should be green, the action is agility based.
Dexterity melee skills suffer from the very beginning of this game from the lack of AOE, here is one skill that would fit perfectly to it, but NO, it has to be a red one -___-".
Screw that =/.

Took me 300 chromatics to get my carcass jack to have 3 reds in it,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info