Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

I'm concerned with physical damage over time. Armor builds have always had a problem with this and is main reason they aren't as good. is this going to be addressed, there are pending announcements to elemental dots but nothing on phys dots.
We will still be way worse in terms of power than in ritual. It does not sound like I will come back to Poe.
This seems promising. While I have been relying on dodge, I guess spell suppression could be the new hit.

Also never used blind, even though I should have, lul. Revealing secret strats in news posts, nice :)

Edit: I just hope these changes will be sumehow implemented restrospectively. I got some gear, which I would like to keep using in Standard. I guess unfortunately I have to skip next league, because I don't have much time, but maybe continue a bit in Standard :/
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Oct 6, 2021, 6:49:34 PM
"
Memory Vault: No longer grants “Gain Armour equal to your Reserved Mana”. Instead, it now grants “1% increased Armour per 50 Reserved Mana”.

What did he ever do to you?
How do I remove this post I was trying to reply to a guy wich I have now already so please.
Last edited by fichi on Oct 6, 2021, 6:54:12 PM
Now you're dwelling in a dangerous realm: homogenity. The more you balance, the more alike everyone becomes.

Gotta give you credit though, you're awfully good at making massive nerfs look like buffs. #golfclap.
Last edited by Dreamwarden on Oct 6, 2021, 6:52:39 PM
"
HansonAlister wrote:
You know what is the solution for everyone that don't like the changes? Just move to another game since GGG doesn't care about people that dislike patch changes. Maybe some massive players count drop will speak to them - words are useless.

Well isen't this what they are doing though?

I mean with the last league = losing alot of players playing the game at all / early league they are buffing this one so WIN WIN?
"
While some individual mechanics have been nerfed, this is overall a massive buff to defenses across the board.

Why is everyone ignoring this and talking about nerfs? xD Wait for the damn numbers drama queens.
"
PaineD_ wrote:
overall very reasonable changes
looking forward to part 3 aurabots better be dead for good

I never played aurabot or with an aurabot, but whats up with all that hate towards aurabots??? an aurabot has to be played by an actual person, who does nothing but support... why the F it shouldn't be powerful AF? whats up with all the losers without friends wanting to be as powerful solo as party of 6?
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
Yeah dunno, part 1 read amazingly, this part 2 here reads more like pretty big overall defense nerfs sadly. The important phrase is defensive LAYERS . This seems to me like every defensive layering we have atm ( like a char with evasion /dodge /blind ) now is getting removed for slightly better base defenses ( char with just evasion+) . With how defenses work in this game that is a nerf. Armor and Evasion need more than buffing numbers, they are mechanically unreliable and weak, Evasion was carried by Dodge which gets deleted and Armor enabled a few niche defensive builds like Transcendence and was otherwise irrelevant, increasing the numbers wont change that. Along with these changes we seem to have our usual long list of collateral damage of things that were niche but interesting and now get obliterated without reason ( Formless Inferno, Perfect Form, Orb of Storms Tempest Shield builds etc. ) Also the 10% range on base items , thats UNCHANGEABLE ? Whats that about ? That sounds horrible. Passive Tree additions are always great , and those sound dope, but you have to consider that the amount of points is still the same, so just adding more OPTIONS to invest to does not mean all builds are getting to utilize these things. So these things are not really buffs , but sidegrades. They are there and they are appreciated but they don´t solve the general power problem of defensive options. For me someone who really enjoyed building tanky characters with investment into interesting defensive layering this reads like that´s less worth than ever with these changes.
Last edited by BalderEthics on Oct 6, 2021, 7:14:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info