Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

"

This is painful change unless the skill tree mitigates. What are you not clear on. Can I help clarify further?

interesting how ppl spread their theory crafted subjective opinions across the forums.
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
Last edited by ibims111 on Oct 16, 2021, 1:15:14 PM
Pretty objective that current fort gives the equivalent of 20 fortify stacks with 1 hit.
Pretty objective that if each hit with the new fort gives you 1 fortify stack that it will take 20 hits to get 20 fortify stacks.
Pretty objective that it takes more than 1 attack to get 20 hits while using an attack skill.
Since I removed Dodge and have been testing some of my options, and feeling pain. It is my experience that losing blind, as well as increasing the time it takes to get to full fort, that the result is painful to me. So sure, me thinking that it is a painful change is subjective, but my reasoning for it is objective.

As I said before, there could be something in the skill tree that mitigates these changes, but until we see that, this looks painful. Does that now make sense?
"
It took 1 strike to activate fortify before. Not sure if you have used a strike skill before but it takes longer to get 20 than 1 for most strike skills. There is also a damage threshold so it may take even longer for bosses. All this happens with no more dodge and lesser blind when setting up fortify and other defenses like endurance charges.

This is painful change unless the skill tree mitigates. What are you not clear on. Can I help clarify further?

You're assuming the damage threshold is high, when the intent is for the damage threshold to be low (so that large meaty hits can get full 20 stacks), while smaller fast hits would get it in a few hits rather than 1; if we assume the DPS to be equal, I'd say perhaps 1 second to get the full effect.

The point is for fortify to not give more than 1 stack per attack unless you're doing reasonable melee damage. If you're doing as much melee damage as a mage build using leap slam, you're probably building it wrong.

"
Sources of Fortify now grant a number of stacks of Fortification based on the percentage of the enemy's ailment threshold dealt by the hit that applied Fortify to you, with a large bonus to fortification stack generation against rare and unique monsters. You have 1% less damage taken from hits for each stack of Fortification, and Fortification lasts 5 seconds by default. Fortification from multiple melee hits or different sources stacks, up to a default cap of 20 stacks. You can only gain Fortification stacks from one hit every 0.2 seconds.
Last edited by Psaakyrn on Oct 20, 2021, 1:25:19 PM
I am not assuming the threshold to gain a fort charge is high. I have stated that the current version of fortify required 1 hit to apply what equates to 20 stacks of the current version of it. No matter how you slice things, it will take longer to get to 20 stacks than it used to.

You just said that builds will be able to get 20 stacks in 1 second. You then immediately quoted the fact that stacks can only be gained every 0.2 seconds. Even if you are always hitting the damage threshold, and swinging a 1000 times per second, the most stacks available are 5 per second.

No matter how you cut it, this is a nerf to fort. My original statement was that I was hopeful it would get buffed since fortify was important for melee and other secondary skills were removed or made near useless, which were also needed to keep melee builds alive (at least my melee builds).

I am missing why there is a disconnect here. Are you saying that a melee will not die in the first 4 seconds of a fight as they try to get their fort stacks up, as well as other defenses, so the nerf is not a big one? Are you saying that since the nerf is not a big one in your mind, that it is not in fact a nerf? Can you clarify your position?
"
I am not assuming the threshold to gain a fort charge is high. I have stated that the current version of fortify required 1 hit to apply what equates to 20 stacks of the current version of it. No matter how you slice things, it will take longer to get to 20 stacks than it used to.

You just said that builds will be able to get 20 stacks in 1 second. You then immediately quoted the fact that stacks can only be gained every 0.2 seconds. Even if you are always hitting the damage threshold, and swinging a 1000 times per second, the most stacks available are 5 per second.

No matter how you cut it, this is a nerf to fort. My original statement was that I was hopeful it would get buffed since fortify was important for melee and other secondary skills were removed or made near useless, which were also needed to keep melee builds alive (at least my melee builds).

I am missing why there is a disconnect here. Are you saying that a melee will not die in the first 4 seconds of a fight as they try to get their fort stacks up, as well as other defenses, so the nerf is not a big one? Are you saying that since the nerf is not a big one in your mind, that it is not in fact a nerf? Can you clarify your position?

You're missing the fact that the number of stack gained per hit is a variable between 1 and 20. Hit hard enough, you get 20 outright. Hit somewhat less hard, you get maybe 10, so hit again to get 20. Hit like a limp noodle, you get 1.
Last edited by Psaakyrn on Oct 21, 2021, 12:51:11 AM
So we need to see what the threshold will be to determine how large the nerf is. However it is still not a buff.

That being said, as I hoped, there are some interesting things in the skill tree that may mitigate the lack of a fortitude buff. We will see how they play in a day.
"Some of the Map Bosses you are required to defeat to upgrade your Pantheon have changed as a result of these Atlas changes."

So where is the list? Poor wiki can't keep up, they are still working on 3.14 according to home page.

EXAMPLE: SOUL OF LUNARIS
"Captured Soul of The High Templar renamed to Captured Soul of Herald of Thunder"

Ok, but since the Villa map has been deprecated, where do we find it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info