Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

Jesus, just make Fortify a buff that gets removed if you use anything not intended. You are effectiveley fucking over every melee build that relies on low damage / as scaling, like poison.
Even after all these interviews your efforts are so fucking low.
"
Serdoa wrote:
"
phlaistar wrote:

Some changes are good but most are read really bad. So - we now have more options to scale our defenses by putting passive skill points into some nodes and some more options by item mods. Okay - kinda makes sense. ... Base values of every (?) type of defence/item is now (up to) 10% higher!?

Ok - why the range? All this does is: "Hey I found Ilv.86 Astral Plate. Has it max Armour roll? No? Oh just trash..." ; "Hey I found Ilvl.86 Shaper influenced Astral Shield. Has is max rolled Base ES? No? Oh just trash..."

And these higher base values. 10% ... This doesn't impact anything. Currently I probably never had a character with more than 5 - 6k Armour. Needing 25k Armour to mitigate a reasonable amount of damage to make it worthwile my Astral Plate alone should offer 5-6k Armour while maintaining life and atleast 2 influenced mods ... Same with Evasion. Evasion + Dodge was nice and strong. Evasion alone is as bad as armour - I would say even worse.

It's funny how you in the first part complain that every item that does not have the max. 10% roll will be trash and in the second part complain that the 10% roll does not impact anything. Which one is it now?

Also 6k armour is not very high. That you never built more than that is not a fault of the game. I agree that it does not come automatically though, everything in PoE needs to be built into, be it defenses or damage. If you just take what you obviously get offered it will feel bad.

Ok to clarify my 10% statement on a different example:

If I find a Shaper Ilv.86 Titanium Spirit Shield now it sells for about 100c. If I find it in 3.16 with a 0% roll of the new "rng base value" it probably sells for 5c while a max 20% (ES Base was 20%?!) will sell for 100c. So a lot less items will be worth picking up or even trading.

If I find a Hunter Astral Plate Ilv.86 it now sells for about 200c +- ... If I find it in 3.16 with a 0% roll it will probably sell for 190c while it'll sell for 210c on max roll because 10% more Armour is just what? 100 more Armour? If u need 25k to have a reasonable armour damage mitigation 10% is just a joke.

I guess the ES types will benefit more as it is basically "increased Life" for ES based builds. But Armour and Evasion - that's 200 more A/Ev on a 2k A/Ev Base ... Boots with 250 Armour will get 25 extra Armour on max roll ... Lol ... What a buff xD
Many of the changes seem perplexing. Wasn't the idea to buff defenses?

1) Fortify made worse for spellcasters without providing an alternative defensive mechanic - this is a nerf

2) Endurance charge life regen - unnecessary nerf

3) No more attack dodge - even if the evasion effectiveness is higher, it doesn't compensate for the fact that the enemy attacks now have to get past just one defensive layer instead of two

4) Blind gutted - it's fine to make it more symbiotic with evasion-based chars, but what does every other archetype get to compensate for the lost defensive layer? Weaker fortify?
3.16 is looking good for me <3
It might just be me but this looks like a list of nerfs in disguise. Also, if things have been added in the passive tree are we getting more passive points to utilise these "buffs" ?
Last edited by Alphaq204 on Oct 6, 2021, 7:00:29 PM
Great changes. Now please nuke aurabots and i'll be ecstatic.
Even if stuff in passive tree is not added defense for example is stronger either way yet people are complaining?
"
AlekzZz84 wrote:
"
PaineD_ wrote:
overall very reasonable changes
looking forward to part 3 aurabots better be dead for good

I never played aurabot or with an aurabot, but whats up with all that hate towards aurabots??? an aurabot has to be played by an actual person, who does nothing but support... why the F it shouldn't be powerful AF? whats up with all the losers without friends wanting to be as powerful solo as party of 6?

Except there were aurabot builds capable of pulling 150 MILLION steady DPS, killing 6k delve bosses in a few seconds... no, they weren't only supports, they could've also been the most overpowered godlike machines running EVERYTHING with pretty much no risk of death.

"
adam401 wrote:
Many of the changes seem perplexing. Wasn't the idea to buff defenses?

1) Fortify made worse for spellcasters without providing an alternative defensive mechanic - this is a nerf

You're missing the point, spellcasters are most likely going to get a significant and more reliable defense in form of improved ES (both overall pool and regen, with great cooldown reductions on top of that) AND a lot easier access to block chance. C'mon, they're actually getting buffed!
Last edited by Masakiyomi on Oct 6, 2021, 7:06:23 PM
All this fluff and you more than likely will still get 1 tapped off screen in all maps above Tier 8. Would be nice if you listened to the players, you as a company have been massively disconnected for a long time. The vocal minority and the paid to play streamers should not be your target audience for tuning.
"
phlaistar wrote:

Ok to clarify my 10% statement on a different example:

If I find a Shaper Ilv.86 Titanium Spirit Shield now it sells for about 100c. If I find it in 3.16 with a 0% roll of the new "rng base value" it probably sells for 5c while a max 20% (ES Base was 20%?!) will sell for 100c. So a lot less items will be worth picking up or even trading.

If I find a Hunter Astral Plate Ilv.86 it now sells for about 200c +- ... If I find it in 3.16 with a 0% roll it will probably sell for 190c while it'll sell for 210c on max roll because 10% more Armour is just what? 100 more Armour? If u need 25k to have a reasonable armour damage mitigation 10% is just a joke.

I guess the ES types will benefit more as it is basically "increased Life" for ES based builds. But Armour and Evasion - that's 200 more A/Ev on a 2k A/Ev Base ... Boots with 250 Armour will get 25 extra Armour on max roll ... Lol ... What a buff xD

That is one of the many problems with GGGs "vision" the game is "balanced around said "economy"... SSF is always grabbing the worst end of the sticky... now playing SSF will take 10x more grinding to go anywhere

Almost all defences are nerfed and RNG increased, crafting is a sad unreliable joke!

Time to go back to Minecraft where... you know... the time spent gathering resources is rewarded!
Last edited by Fhrek on Oct 6, 2021, 7:07:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info