Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

What a mess, rly. So far its like a «This is a buff» meme. I see more nerfs to defences, than buffs.

Also, pls dont remove %life regen from shields. Its a big hit.

Wonder how necros will survive all this.
Also be sure youre ready to hit new lows on online numbers with such a 'buffs' in 3.16.
"
pecol wrote:
Dodge is dead, blind is dead, fortify is dead.

So, a character that only invests in life as primary defence layer, no longer has any defence options. RIP

It will be another suffering league, and I am sure players rage quitted last league won't come back.

They called him Karen....
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
In addition, we feel that our item system needs more base type heterogeneity.

Isn't this just another way to make crafted items better than dropped rares? People already stop picking up most rares within a few days after league start, especially armors. This just exacerbates that.
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
Infashinol wrote:
Is it time for Aspect of Stone?!

I laughed so hard on this ... very funny!

Truly xD
Interesting, but not too happy for losing attack dodge
"
Martiancore wrote:
The text shows a decrease in the number of defenses layers, but weakly reveals the part that compensates for this.

It's too early to say without a passive tree and actual numbers, but so far it looks like nerfs.
Yeah, pretty much.

Reading part 1 made me very hopeful, part 2 looks mostly nerfs. Phase acrobatics gone, spell dodge near impossible, fortify...honestly confused there, memory vault nerfed. You thought hard-nerfing the two tanky meta concepts would be balanced out by the mild defensive buffs here?

I'd honestly be surprised if moderate investment in armor is worth anything after this, and evasion I never really put effort into caring about. Wicked Ward is no longer awful, so that's something I value.

I promised myself I'd give 3.16 a fair shot, but it's starting to look like my last league. If you botch this "rebalance" start making a list of layoffs of your employees.

Can anyone answer how to make a tanky character now? Well, in 3.16. Obviously the answer will be nerfed to oblivion in 3.17. (or actually deleted, dodge/spell dodge)
dunno man, all these core changes in so lil time and not much test...This doesn´t smell good.
Core stuff like this is tested over a year in a normal game...and even then almost always goes out with problems...
please, please, please rollback changes to mana cost for triggered skills!!!
3.23 is the best league of all time (an absolute banger)
"

Isn't this just another way to make crafted items better than dropped rares? People already stop picking up most rares within a few days after league start, especially armors. This just exacerbates that.

Same impression here... just another league to chill and buy gear instead of waste currency on rng gambling a.k.a. crafting
will fortify have a higher cap based on melee damage as well? Can we expect more fortify effect if it's now properly gated for melee characters?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info