Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

Steel Skills are not considered Melee, so Fortify is now unusable for Champion class type using Steel Skills?
I have a bad feeling about these. The hope I got from the flask manifesto is almost gone.

Would have to test, but my almost 20k hours of PoE give me a serious feeling that those changes are not enough to make armor good.

My hope for spell supression was killed with changes to wind dancer.

Easy ways to get ES (AKA From Nought) is gutted, now you need more investment (on tree and good gear).

Talking about good gear, now you not only you want the right base, with a good item level, you'll also need the best defense multiplier. Crafting will be a mess.

Blind got hurt badly, but at least it gives some offensive stats.

TL:DR Oh no, Oh no, Oh no no no no no...
Awesome sauce!
"This change makes it so Blind is of no defensive help to characters who have no Evasion, but helps if you do."

That + fortify.

So before, mob hits spellcaster 10 times for 100 damage each.

5 miss, remaining hits are for 80 each, so 400 damage.

Now all hit, for full damage, so 1000 / 400 = spellcasters take 250% more damage from physical attackers?
Last edited by trixxar on Oct 6, 2021, 7:10:23 PM
the first part was a clear cut buff. This one is harder to parse. It kinda comes down to final numbers and if other keystones are getting buffed or nerfed -- versatile combatant as a keystone means glancing blows should probably be buffed. It is still pretty difficult to get block chance; I'm assuming that that'll be added more to the tree, but if that's the case then max block now is not as investment intensive which means glancing blows needs a buff?

I'm a bit nervous in terms of defensive layers. For example, I had a character with permanent fortify, divine flesh with 80% chaos res, acrobatics, phase acrobatics, anomalous petrified blood with 46 quality (so 51% hits given as degen), overleech, blind on hit, endurance charges for about 40% phys damage reduction, vitality and high regen, 60+ life on hit with lancing steel, 1.2% life leech, and about 10% evade chance. Felt quite tanky. With these changes, three of these layers are entirely gone, but the phys and evasion should be about doubled. Net loss of about 66% from what I can see... so is this a nerf to defenses?
"Improve the Armor formula" should have been "change the armor formula".
So Raider is dead. And all classes now have pretty the same power, then what is the point of ascendancy diversity?
Holy shit. These changes are phenomenal. My faith in the future of this game has officially been restored
RIP evasion characters

RIP life regen

RIP Gladiator

RIP Trickster

Jugg even better husbando
"
Sonofwill24 wrote:
Please provide incentive for group play if auras and curses are getting nerfed.

you have to make friends yourself, GGG cant do everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info