Last Epoch is POE Killer now

Played LE for the first time few weeks ago. Not a POE killer obviously, but great game and these indie devs could definitely give Blizzard a lesson or two on how to actually achieve build diversity in an ARPG - and it doesn't even require the level of complexity and skill tree of PoE.
love LE but for my style it doesn't hold a candle to PoE.

LE is more designed around setting up damaging skill combinations. so its like every few seconds or so you get your big damage kaboom, and im not exactly too keen on that.
i prefer to automate anything i can and just blast around with one or two buttons, not needing to micromanage a specific button combination for my character to do any damage.

love the game though. its very fun but end game feels more grindy than PoE. can't wait to jump back in when 1.0 comes and try out falconeer.
Last epoch is still very flawed, like all ARPGs out now
The graphics/art style are pretty awful
The characters and story are uninspired
The items and end game are pretty boring

It has some positives for sure. Quality of life, ease of access for a lot of systems. But it feels like they skipped over a lot of the most important things for making a good game. ARPGs are more than just build simulators. Focus should be quality over quantity. Learn to walk before you can run etc

Maybe it will get there over time though, since it has improved a lot
LE Is a good game and has a lot of potential but let's not kid ourselves, it's nowhere near PoE, they're not even on the same map.

Sure, the trading system looks great (will see how it all plays out) but in terms of aesthetics, art, music, impact of combat etc it needs SO MUCH work. Feels very unpolished in its current state.

LE & PoE can definitely coexist.
LE is lacking polish but has very good fundamentals.

POE has polish in some areas but other areas that desperately need improvement are abandoned wastelands because GGG is stuck in 2000 with their game design philosophy.

There is a pretty high chance LE will get the polish it's missing at some point. The chance of GGG having a change of heart in the right direction is zero.

So yeah, i am pretty sure GGG is going to kill POE simply by doing nothing sooner or later. It's still fine now because of the massive headstart it had after D3 died but once other titles with similar depth and range of content show up everyone who isn't a hardcore masochist digging wristpain and boring chores will get the hell out of here.
Steam.

I dont like steam.

I wont play Last Epoch.

Will play it if it will be at gog.com
I need to check out the game's current state. Bought it around 2 years ago, put 40 hours into it, and never looked back because it was nothing but a simplified and empty POE.

I see this is an old thread, but it's nice to see how wrong they were about being a POE killer. I love how some people don't understand games from the same genre can co-exist.

Hope it turns out to be a great game, although all those content creators getting paid to make positive videos about it is a red flag in my book. It's not Torchlight Infinite level, but still, they could at least try to make videos that don't look like an ad.
If nothing else it shows GGG how trading and SSF are done right - MG and CoF.

So even if LE turns out not as good as PoE in its other aspects, at least PoE will get better indirectly.
"
de99ial wrote:
Steam.

I dont like steam.

Not sure if serious
"
Pashid wrote:
The game has one or two nice gimmicks but struggles to even get out of early access after all the long time of development and money thanks to multiple sold pricey early access copies.

Yeah that delay was caused by converting the code to work with dedicated servers. Not a small task.

No it won't really impact POE at all. But it's much more of what I'm personally looking for. POE feels like a job and maybe POE2 will be less so.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info