Last Epoch is POE Killer now

"
Chavolatra wrote:
Nevermind after see some videos about Diablo 4 is new poe killer !!.

I'm shocked you've not made a D4 is POE Killer thread. That is your favorite thread title from your history :)
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Chavolatra wrote:
Nevermind after see some videos about Diablo 4 is new poe killer !!.

I'm shocked you've not made a D4 is POE Killer thread. That is your favorite thread title from your history :)

I already did this but is moved for off-topic for moderator.
POE itself is the POE killer. If the player base shrinks with this rate after some point poe will be single player game.
Last Epoch isn't even in 1.0 yet. They aren't making anywhere near the amount of money that PoE and Diablo are. Its a good game but its not even close to being a killer of anything. There are still masteries that have been missing from the game for years.
last epoch doesnt seem to be even d4 killer, it doesnt seem to be competition for either poe/d4, its great game but its not there to be compaired to AAA titles yet, maybe in the future tho
Tried the latest LE 0.9.1 patch.

Was not a big patch by any means. Mainly updated early part/intro of the game and now you can see random players in town with their shitty looking MTX from the new introduced MTX shop (same price per cosmetic point as POE).

Also the online mode making servers shit themself with less than 6k players online is also a footnote that the devs should take into account before relessing a MTX shop in an online live service game.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Was not a big patch by any means. Mainly updated early part/intro of the game and now you can see random players in town with their shitty looking MTX from the new introduced MTX shop (same price per cosmetic point as POE).

Also the online mode making servers shit themself with less than 6k players online is also a footnote that the devs should take into account before relessing a MTX shop in an online live service game.

LE's online gameplay could do with alot of improvement for sure. But are you sure about random players in town? AFAIK, they disabled that quite quickly due to various issues and havent re-enabled towns so far?
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

LE's online gameplay could do with alot of improvement for sure.
But are you sure about random players in town? AFAIK, they disabled that quite quickly due to various issues and havent re-enabled towns so far?

I'm 100% sure. I watched a bunch of players walking through town in the first camp of chapter 1 with MTX from the store. I could not continue my old online character and had to create a new one. This was before the servers got progressively worse and players getting stuck in zones more often.

I continued to play the updated act on offline mode instead ,after servers shit the, to see the changes in person for myself. I did not know EHG disabled players in town as i was already done with what i was looking for and moved on, namely seeing the changes of the new chapter.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on May 29, 2023, 12:09:04 PM
"
Khallis wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
moedexter wrote:

LE shits bricks on PoE loot system. It's far more simplified and satisfying.

Entire point of poe is not be simplified that's satisfying not this baby shit that you see in d3 LE and all that shit.

there is a middle ground between simplified and the over-bloated, over-convoluted, overly complex just for the sake of complexity ... bull**** that is POE

It's funny that in the same post someone complains that LE's loot system is lame and lacks depth, but complains PoE is too bloated and power-crept.

How do you think LE's systems are going to evolve? It's going to get power creep and bloat. You want them to stop at the perfect spot for your tastes and then never release new content again? Just go to the middle ground (for my personal preference) and never move!! As a live service game that makes a living on adding new content. Lol.

The takes are mind blowing.
"
Chavolatra wrote:
Last Update is fantastic and turned in poe killer because 1% game balance destroyed this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oxspDb7GPo&ab_channel=LastEpoch

The only reason this game was top dog for so long was because there was no actual competition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info