Last Epoch is POE Killer now

Problem I find with LE is simple. I parked my fast pc for upgrades and this pc refuse to run LE. I have an rx 470 which should run fine. POE works on older hardware. I am still very new just been doing main quest and tried some self builds which are actually not to shabby if I have to say myself. POE killer? There's no way. It has a good skill system but POE skill system is a lot better. My personal opinion is that I prefer Wolcen over LE. I just wish the dev of Wolcen can pull their fingers out of their ...... and release the last chapter and what bothered me more is the fact that after being in beta so long they only released controller support now.

Don't get me wrong all 3 or great games but LE are last on my list as it's unstable, Need high requirements. POE can be fun even if you don't know the game well. My brother is following a build from this site but what is the fun in that? The fun is to experiment. I have 4 scions each with different builds. My summoner is by far the strongest( but that may just be a balancing issue in my opinion as I have like 17 summonings ) How do you learn. By doing. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

I just wholly and completely disagree. Unlike the passive tree, the atlas is not multiplicative. So the last 20 points feel like almost nothing and are generally not worth it as a grind.

Both strategies reach 80% of their margins at half the atlas points:
A) Focus on 2-3 mechanics like Legion, Delirium + Maven
B) Run as many maps with % or completion bonus points

Profit margins may vary depending on the meta but everyone can farm 2-5 divines per hour with either style.

Right so in your example you baked 2 mechanics - just like my example - into your maps. Without those being guaranteed in your maps be it view atlas % or scarabs, maps don't offer much of anything on their own. I guess when I said min max I meant you have to focus on 1 or 2 mechanics. I didn't mean you needed 100% atlas completion (but I guess that is what min max implies but yeah that's not what I meant, sorry). Also exarch is really good in maps but you also have to work him in. I guess the original argument on what is considered bloat is that the player is forced using X Y or Z mechanic now. Personally I don't have an issue but over the years I do take issue with how almost all of the mechanics have been watered down or diluted in order to maintain some PoE loot server baseline that Chris has talked about.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Ho can something be the PoE Killer when PoE kills itself?
Epoch isn't going to kill PoE they are too different.

I will say though GGG if ur listening i came across this earlier in last epoch and i feel examining this train of thought might do PoE some good.

I'm sure minion users will hate me for suggesting that but it makes sense that if it happens that good things could come our way in terms of balance, minion users and totem users are currently getting away with quite a lot when it comes to modifiers on maps and other things.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Mar 18, 2023, 12:08:55 PM
The run animations in LE looks so disgusting it somehow looks more disgusting than POE

Your shoulders doesn't even move how can any company be this disgusting?

POE 2 will soon released with new graphics and PROPER character animations while LE will continue to be a ugly smelly turd
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
TriniGamer wrote:
The run animations in LE looks so disgusting it somehow looks more disgusting than POE

POE 2 will soon released with new graphics and PROPER character animations while LE will continue to be a ugly smelly turd

cause you sure need high detailed 100 frame animations for a arpg.
Gameplay is more important than everything else. Take a look at RuneScape, it's a old and pretty bad looking game, yet it's still popular even with plenty of better looking games on the market ;)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Nevermind after see some videos about Diablo 4 is new poe killer !!.
"
Pashid wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:

Gameplay is more important than everything else. Take a look at RuneScape, it's a old and pretty bad looking game, yet it's still popular even with plenty of better looking games on the market ;)

Yes you do, one of the most noticeable things and biggest complaints in league of legends has also been animations which seems to be the biggest task for Riot to fix.

Dogsh!t animations are the biggest most noticeable part of any game very much isometric especially one like POE where you are staring at you character all the time for years upon years this is why Blizzard puts so much effort into proper animations. Denying it doesn't change reality
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Mar 18, 2023, 12:56:20 PM
"
Pashid wrote:

Personally, I agree with you. But I'm not sure the market does. To me, it seems like games are getting more and more shallow - with more and more focus on giving players the "graphical awe" instead of engaging gameplay.

But animations are of course WAY more important in fast paced games where reaction is key. You don't just see bad animation, you feel it. And you will of course not "feel" the animations while farming trees in OSRS, because you are more often than not focusing your attention at other stuff in that moment. You also don't have to react much.

It is all a balance, heavily dependent on the game in question. PoE could REALLY use some updated graphics and animations and we are luckily getting it in PoE 2. But there's also so much more to PoE than just the graphical animations, so I just don't see it as a very big deal.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

Personally, I agree with you. But I'm not sure the market does. To me, it seems like games are getting more and more shallow - with more and more focus on giving players the "graphical awe" instead of engaging gameplay.

The market agrees with you too, games with engaging gameplay are the standout hits in every generation, they make the most mula (if singleplayer, multiplayers complex AF).

Honestly graphical fidelity is a trap and always has been, I love my games to look good but I don't really care that much if they don't. You cannot cover for bad gameplay though that is just a dealbreaker.

The only thing good graphics really guarantee you is you can make a trailer that looks good and probably hook some pre-orders, but it won't get you 10 million copies sold that takes the whole pie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info