[3.15] Storm Rain Raider League Starter - Theorycraft

"
"
IrJunk wrote:

580%?

58% base attack damage (from gem) X 10 arrows

Ahh idk what I was seeing haha, thanks for clarifying! I agree that does seem strong....doesn't even take the beams into account.
Keeping an eye on this one.
Are the beams projectile damage? Do the arrows have a hit damage before they hit the ground? Are the beams chainable?

Never played Rain of Arrows / Toxic Rain before so don't know these interactions.
"
ploxirion wrote:
"
The 20/20 gem seems really underwhelming.

Uh ? It seems kinda insane you mean ?

With 6 APS and 11 projectiles per attack (bow, quiver, awakened gmp, 1 from the skill) you keep 99 arrows on the ground with 100% uptime for the 4 pulses (you fire 99 arrows every 1.6 seconds which will be the max duration at gem level 21). You don't need a mirrage archer which makes deadeye useless and allow you to slot a better support gem.

Even if only 10% of the beams hit the boss you have a skill that have 580% base damage / effectivness each pulse. Probably even a tad more at level 21.

Bro, how can i subtain my mana with this as. Mana leech is enought? or we fine with an enduring mana flask?
Thanks bro

"
haungo1175 wrote:
"
ploxirion wrote:
"
The 20/20 gem seems really underwhelming.

Uh ? It seems kinda insane you mean ?

With 6 APS and 11 projectiles per attack (bow, quiver, awakened gmp, 1 from the skill) you keep 99 arrows on the ground with 100% uptime for the 4 pulses (you fire 99 arrows every 1.6 seconds which will be the max duration at gem level 21). You don't need a mirrage archer which makes deadeye useless and allow you to slot a better support gem.

Even if only 10% of the beams hit the boss you have a skill that have 580% base damage / effectivness each pulse. Probably even a tad more at level 21.

Bro, how can i subtain my mana with this as. Mana leech is enought? or we fine with an enduring mana flask?
Thanks bro

I have to imagine that grabbing Essence Sap will be close to enough. With inspiration in the links I was getting around 30 total mana cost, which is not nothing, but is not like game breaking awful especially with Elreon Jewelery and stuff. Enduring mana flask until you sustain if we have to.
"
"
IrJunk wrote:

580%?

That case will be "True" only if you would hit with all beams from these 10 arrows.. Which i don't think in even boss will be possible..

Arrows seems to purposely send away from another landed arrows not accumulate in short distance between each other..
pathfinder > raider?
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
XHersikX wrote:
"
"
IrJunk wrote:

580%?

That case will be "True" only if you would hit with all beams from these 10 arrows.. Which i don't think in even boss will be possible..

Arrows seems to purposely send away from another landed arrows not accumulate in short distance between each other..

It's a generic scenario where 100 arrows are active. Any specific 10 arrows don't have to hit all 4 times. *Any* 10 out of any group of 100 arrows, on average, have to hit the target for every 100 beams cast.

If at least that much weren't "true" during typical use the skill would basically be shipping DOA. I do share your concern about how controllable the "spread" will be, as well as with things like the max distance an arrow will reach for its beams and whether beam targeting is more "intelligent" or more random.

Hey fellow storm rain theorycrafter !

I was thinking of building it the "old school way" with abyss jewel stacking, a quill rain or a death's opus (cannot decide yet).

I was thinking of going deadeye to compensate for the quillrain lack of additionnal arrow + mirage archer that could help reach as many arrow on the ground as possible

To scale it up during the league my personnal plan is to go for the abyss quarter of the atlas and farm low tier map for jewels and abyss uniques until i'm comfortable moving higher in tier.

I don't know yet how clunky it will be but it should work in the end ...
I think i won't try to get that much arrows per shot to avoid spread, and push the number of arrows on the ground with AS... should work better for single target, i guess?
Maybe lots of arrows can work to, with conc effect?

Does anybody know how we can boost the damage on the arcs? Will projectile work with the arcs, i guess not?
So we should stack lightning, elemental, physical or aoe damage, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info