[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

Ah. And I wanted to update on the life gain on hit. I THINK, its much better now. I was able to corrupt a blade blast quality 20 to level 21. I think. Mayb thats what I missed. The blasts were just not hitting single target enough.
"
buttcaake wrote:
Ah. And I wanted to update on the life gain on hit. I THINK, its much better now. I was able to corrupt a blade blast quality 20 to level 21. I think. Mayb thats what I missed. The blasts were just not hitting single target enough.

Any AoE definitely helps the blade blast shotgun (20 qual, level 21, helm enchant). Glad it's better now!

edit: I never had much issue with a 20/20 blade blast but realized I was running a shield with +1 phys gems which would have pushed it to 21/20 and got the +1 radius.
Last edited by efun on May 31, 2021, 6:10:14 PM
"
Taiyri wrote:
Great work on the guide! Do you think this is tanky enough for hardcore?

I mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread, most assassin builds aren't tanky enough for hardcore. Also, the parts that make you tanky (immune to crits, life gain on hit, endurance charges, fortify) only come online in later game so you are likely to die earlier on :p
"

I think it is because i lack fortify and endurance, which you stated at the beginning this build features. So i am trying to get fortify and endurance, but i can't for the life of me figure out where it is in your build.

please help me out.

Endurance charges come from an amulet anoint (Smashing Strikes). Put it on an Ungil's Harmony.

Fortify comes later game with a large mace/sceptre cluster jewel with the "Overlord" notable and using a sceptre. Or you can use whirling blades + fortify if you like.

Getting life gain on spell hit rings (crusader or shaper) is also very strong for sustain. It won't save you against one shots but is very good for ultimatums and bosses. I'd say this is more important and easier to get than fortify.
Thanks, guess i need to figure out how to anoint stuff.
Could you please give me some advice on where to improve?

https://pastebin.com/UJNfu31V

Just to point some things out

- im using bino's as a high crit main hand (until i get the weapon/shield balance)

- im using a mace on off hand with cast level 20 flame burst and level 10 fiery impact on hit (as an experiment to get different/more DoT)

- i have perfect agony on the flask not passive

- running inspired learning for fun

thanks
"
shooting wrote:
Could you please give me some advice on where to improve?

https://pastebin.com/UJNfu31V

Just to point some things out

- im using bino's as a high crit main hand (until i get the weapon/shield balance)

- im using a mace on off hand with cast level 20 flame burst and level 10 fiery impact on hit (as an experiment to get different/more DoT)

- i have perfect agony on the flask not passive

- running inspired learning for fun

thanks

Bino's is a good weapon choice, other than the low attack speed. I'm not really sure how dual wield crit works but your off-hand is very low crit, which probably impacts CoC (reading conflicting reports about how this works lol, but at least in PoB it does).

If you want to stick dual wield, you're probably better off with a second dagger with stats like high attack speed, chaos DoT multi, +1 phys gems, etc.

Your life is overall low, if you have survivability issues you can try for endurance charges anoint and getting more life on gear (I don't think the crit multi part of your gloves synergizes with perfect agony). You can use essence of zeal to guarantee attack speed on gloves, e.g. apothecary gloves base.

A medium crit cluster with Overwhelming Malice would be a big DPS boost.

Your second ring with +1 min power charges isn't very useful, since you should always be at max power charges from ascendancy. You can go for another life gain on hit or more DPS oriented ring (for example, iolite ring or hunter ring with poison damage mods).

Btw your PoB is kind of bugged because you have 2 sets of 6-link skill under gems, so the trigger rate of bf/bb is half of what it should be.

Silver flask is a DPS boost, around 10% more damage. The movement speed from onslaught also feels good with cyclone. I would drop the quartz and make up survivability with life on gear/endurance charges. In any case you don't really need phasing (cyclone phases through mobs) and you can be pretty close to max dodge if you keep up your withering step.
I finished the acts and I'm now mapping.
Havent played for +/- 2 years so there's a lot of new stuff opening up now. I am not sure which league mechanics will benefit me the most and which I should spend time on.

Also wondering if a 5-link chest would be better now than the Tabula, I finished merciless lab, so got rid of Pcoc. Now running Cyclone+CoCs+BF+BB+Incr crit strikes+Deadly ailments.
Survivability is becoming a bit of an issue in yellow maps.

I added you ingame for short questions, you can just ignore it if you dont feel like answering ingame.
"
ressiv wrote:
Havent played for +/- 2 years so there's a lot of new stuff opening up now. I am not sure which league mechanics will benefit me the most and which I should spend time on.

Also wondering if a 5-link chest would be better now than the Tabula, I finished merciless lab, so got rid of Pcoc. Now running Cyclone+CoCs+BF+BB+Incr crit strikes+Deadly ailments.

I added you ingame for short questions, you can just ignore it if you dont feel like answering ingame.

You definitely want to learn the new atlas systems (conquerors and maven). You'll want to spawn conquerors so you can find Crusader rings (dropped in Baran influenced maps). And the new atlas passives from Maven enhance a lot of the league mechanics. For examples, getting the essence atlas ascendancy points in the Haewark Hamlet region will help you craft a lot of gear.

If you want to get cluster jewels set up, these drop from Delirium content but the best way to farm them is actually Heist. Some people hate Heist but it is really the only good way to get a lot of clusters (from Demolition contracts, or Grand Heists with Delirium rewards).

Otherwise, try to engage with every single league mechanic you see and find what you enjoy. In the gear > amulet section I have tips on league mechanics to drop an ungils as well.

You can try a 5-link over 6-link. You'll gain ~300 life from a proper body armor, but lose a ton of damage (deadly ailments is just such a strong support at 60%+ more damage). I think non-tabula is only really valuable if you get something else out of it more than life, like ailment avoidance.

Happy to answer questions ingame if you see me online!
Last edited by efun on Jun 1, 2021, 6:02:15 PM
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

You definitely want to learn the new atlas systems (conquerors and maven). You'll want to spawn conquerors so you can find Crusader rings (dropped in Baran influenced maps). And the new atlas passives from Maven enhance a lot of the league mechanics. For examples, getting the essence atlas ascendancy points in the Haewark Hamlet region will help you craft a lot of gear.

If you want to get cluster jewels set up, these drop from Delirium content but the best way to farm them is actually Heist. Some people hate Heist but it is really the only good way to get a lot of clusters (from Demolition contracts, or Grand Heists with Delirium rewards).

Otherwise, try to engage with every single league mechanic you see and find what you enjoy. In the gear > amulet section I have tips on league mechanics to drop an ungils as well.

You can try a 5-link over 6-link. You'll gain ~300 life from a proper body armor, but lose a ton of damage (deadly ailments is just such a strong support at 60%+ more damage). I think non-tabula is only really valuable if you get something else out of it more than life, like ailment avoidance.

Happy to answer questions ingame if you see me online!

Thanks a lot for these very useful pointers, really appreciate it.
Love the SSF tips, because that's the way I love to play the game.

See you ingame :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info