[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"

Sadness im sure there will be a way i migh run again mid leage n try figure it out
maybe trigger bb n run inspiration

The problem is both CoC and inspiration give no damage to poison spells. So you have 2 dead links. I think CoC ball lightning is a much better option, and will still be viable (looks to be around 24 mana cost if you take all the reduced mana cost nodes). I'll test it out this league and make a guide if it works!
Last edited by efun on Jul 21, 2021, 5:16:20 PM
Just came back to this guide because I had so much fun playing it. Was wondering if there was any ideas of a low budget coc like this. kind of SSFHC viable. haha
"
buttcaake wrote:
Just came back to this guide because I had so much fun playing it. Was wondering if there was any ideas of a low budget coc like this. kind of SSFHC viable. haha

I'm playing CoC ice spear inquisitor this league. It's quite strong and could be HC viable with some extra defensive layers like Determination and Divine Shield. Inquisitor gets a ton of tankiness from Doryani's Glorious Vanity jewel which may be hard to farm in SSFHC.
Hello, is there any update on the POB? I realize its updated once I got to 64 lol.
"
jonrosado wrote:
Hello, is there any update on the POB? I realize its updated once I got to 64 lol.

Oh no... someone bumped the guide recently, however this is a guide from 3.14, when things were very different with bf/bb, CoC, and assassin poison.

I haven't thought about this build in a while and I'm not sure how viable it is anymore. You should use bladefall instead of bf/bb. Also try to reduce mana cost as much as possible (and/or use a mana flask).
Hey thanks for the answer, im playing it and having tons of issues with mana like even with mana pot and I have a ring with -3 mana, I tried to reach the notables and stuff but im a bit demotivated now, spent a lot of currency on it and im lvl 94 now but im having issues with T14+ any way to save this with another build or should I try to sell all and reroll?
"
jonrosado wrote:
Hey thanks for the answer, im playing it and having tons of issues with mana like even with mana pot and I have a ring with -3 mana, I tried to reach the notables and stuff but im a bit demotivated now, spent a lot of currency on it and im lvl 94 now but im having issues with T14+ any way to save this with another build or should I try to sell all and reroll?

When the guide was written, spells triggered by cast on crit cost no mana. So, you just needed -3 mana cost for cyclone and you were good to go. That's why it still has [3.14] tag on it because it hasn't been updated (and the build was basically bricked by the 3.15 patch, especially because assassin poison got nerfed hard too).

Now, the most viable CoC builds are elemental, because you can use (divergent) inspiration support to reduce mana cost by 44%, then reduce mana cost with mana mastery, 3-5% reduced mana cost on jewels, reduced mana cost nodes like Tireless, -mana cost on rings, replica conq efficiency, etc to get your mana cost to 1 or 0. CoC ice spear or shock nova are my preferred.

For phys or poison CoC, I haven't tried the get the mana cost reasonable but you probably need gemini claw, mana flask, AND several of the solutions above. The problem is many of those nodes are on the left/top of the tree while poison/phys is on the right/bottom of tree. I will try an occultist version soon because I liked the build so much and report back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info