[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

Just got this :O
Had random influence from harvest and reforge item with a crit modifier and it rolled this.

Worth 6-linking to use over my current chest?
"
efun wrote:
"
Cchris07 wrote:
Very fun on console like the fact i dont have to trade but.... I can so... What items should i buy? Was thinking kintsugi for body? Basically if you could trade what would be desirable and any early map gear would be appreciated knowledge

Hmm, most best-in-slot items are rares. For example a 6L rare chest with high life would be better than kintsugi (this build gets hit enough that even wind dancer is kind of a meme). I guess it's hard to search for rares on console? There are many good influenced modifiers on chests (described in the guide) that are better than uniques. Dendrobate is good for DPS but you miss out on a ton of life from chest.

Mortem Morsu or Wasp Nest are solid claws for early maps (Bino's Kitchen Knife is also nice - higher crit but lower attack speed). Atziri's step are always solid boots, just so many better rares out there now. Can't think of any other gear slots that wouldn't be better with a decent rare (which are all described in the guide).

Me again logged in on xbox now so heres what i got

Using vitality life on hit eye atm too and i got this base to work on, searchin for jun crafts too rn, consoles like 50% ssf as ppl extort prices when u can just craft it urself being the reason i picked your char.

Oh and smoke mine too hard to use on console so ditched it..
Last edited by EmptyTheBishop on Jul 13, 2021, 12:05:34 PM
"

The helm isn't my favorite but the movement speed is nice for cyclone.

The shield is pretty bad, unless you really want the life regen (you have a ton of life gain on hit though). There's a fated version if you really wanna stick to life regen, that also gives +100-150 life. Otherwise go for something suggested in the guide or even dual wield (10% more attack speed = 10% more damage, as long as you don't go above 12aps).

The rest of the gear looks solid.

Your crit chance and hit chance are both low, I would go for the "Depth Perception" cluster on the tree (fixes both of those problems). I really like having stun avoid, so the "Unpredictable Offence" cluster would be good too. You can probably drop "No Witnesses" since you have elusive on crit. If you really like more elusive effect, you can switch to dagger and take the "Nightstalker" cluster.
"
ressiv wrote:
Had random influence from harvest and reforge item with a crit modifier and it rolled this.

Hmnm, normally I would 6-link it before crafting, using perfect fossil to get above 20 quality, then craft attribute/qual before using jewellers/fusings. If you have a hillock quality then I guess you could try to 6L it since you have a suffix to craft attr/qual.

Attack crit is nice (caps your melee crit without flasks). Attack crit is guaranteed with harvest reforge crit on elder, so you could easily recraft if you have perfect fossils to increase quality.

The biggest advantage of attack crit on this build would be using a lower base crit weapon - for example if you had a weapon with insane stats except crit, you could still use it. But I think your claw is already quite good.
"
efun wrote:
"

The helm isn't my favorite but the movement speed is nice for cyclone.

The shield is pretty bad, unless you really want the life regen (you have a ton of life gain on hit though). There's a fated version if you really wanna stick to life regen, that also gives +100-150 life. Otherwise go for something suggested in the guide or even dual wield (10% more attack speed = 10% more damage, as long as you don't go above 12aps).

The rest of the gear looks solid.

Your crit chance and hit chance are both low, I would go for the "Depth Perception" cluster on the tree (fixes both of those problems). I really like having stun avoid, so the "Unpredictable Offence" cluster would be good too. You can probably drop "No Witnesses" since you have elusive on crit. If you really like more elusive effect, you can switch to dagger and take the "Nightstalker" cluster.

Oh the sheilds lvling junk i forgot to replace lol, i will look into thos clusters and stun immunity i got powercharge devotos now but might abuse rat nest 4 the crit if im low then, appreciate the help

Edit: Ok tree tweaked, its gettin tight 4 points now i shud just get unholy might cluster jewel at this point now?

Edit2: Ok malice obtained next plans get fortify and change weapon not 100% what to sacrafice on the tree i will look into cluster tree on ur thread tho

Last edited by EmptyTheBishop on Jul 14, 2021, 1:03:44 PM
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Hmnm, normally I would 6-link it before crafting, using perfect fossil to get above 20 quality, then craft attribute/qual before using jewellers/fusings. If you have a hillock quality then I guess you could try to 6L it since you have a suffix to craft attr/qual.

Attack crit is nice (caps your melee crit without flasks). Attack crit is guaranteed with harvest reforge crit on elder, so you could easily recraft if you have perfect fossils to increase quality.

The biggest advantage of attack crit on this build would be using a lower base crit weapon - for example if you had a weapon with insane stats except crit, you could still use it. But I think your claw is already quite good.

Hmm ok, it should be better then before I 6L it. Not worth it as it is now with my weapon.
MY PRE-EMPTIVE TAKE ON 3.15 NERFS:

Most CoC builds are pretty gutted by the nerf "triggered skills cost mana". However, I think this build should still be playable because our spells are only technically on a 3-link, so bladefall's mana cost is "only" ~40-45 or so depending on gem levels (of course, we'll have to wait and see if CoC applies a different mana cost multiplier).

With a combination of Gemini Claw, "Essence Sap" for leech, -mana cost on ring, and scaling cyclone's hit damage a bit (e.g. drop Perfect Agony) it should be possible to sustain mana on single target. I'll have to test in standard once the patch drops.

I don't think using a sceptre will be SSF viable (may require clarity watcher's eye, mana gain on spell hit ring, etc.) but we'll see.

I also may look at an Occultist version which can stack up some decent mana regen and take advantage of spending mana.
Last edited by efun on Jul 15, 2021, 7:57:24 PM
this has insaine crit and takes out the need for overwhelming malice on the cluster. Can i make up the chaos modifiers on the tree? Im on 90% crit atm
"
Unavailable
this has insaine crit and takes out the need for overwhelming malice on the cluster. Can i make up the chaos modifiers on the tree? Im on 90% crit atm

Yeah that totally works! There are plenty of decent DPS nodes on the tree. The only downside is relatively low APS (1.5 isn't terrible, but you can hit 1.9-2 on a well-rolled rare). Also your crit should be 100% capped once you have power charges and/or apply poisons to enemy (won't show on character sheet in hideout).
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
efun wrote:
MY PRE-EMPTIVE TAKE ON 3.15 NERFS:

Most CoC builds are pretty gutted by the nerf "triggered skills cost mana". However, I think this build should still be playable because our spells are only technically on a 3-link, so bladefall's mana cost is "only" ~40-45 or so depending on gem levels (of course, we'll have to wait and see if CoC applies a different mana cost multiplier).

With a combination of Gemini Claw, "Essence Sap" for leech, -mana cost on ring, and scaling cyclone's hit damage a bit (e.g. drop Perfect Agony) it should be possible to sustain mana on single target. I'll have to test in standard once the patch drops.

I don't think using a sceptre will be SSF viable (may require clarity watcher's eye, mana gain on spell hit ring, etc.) but we'll see.

I also may look at an Occultist version which can stack up some decent mana regen and take advantage of spending mana.

maybe the jun craft recouped as mana when you are hit could play a role also, il be interested to see how this is affected next league, its easy to make cyclone cost 0! so maybe 1 mana gained on hit ring + 1 life gained on hit ring could be the simple compromise, also a rare shaper shield could dull down the aura reserves + the 2% reduced mana jewel from the story could just about save it for solo self found allowing us to easily squeeze in clarity? there are plenty of options we will just have to see how it rides! im pretty confident this build will be fine though, just some minor tweaking maybe a small loss on the dps.

i wish it was the old days where assassins / poachers mark solved all these issues hah! technically it could but wed require to be constantly attacking something to cast? but at the painful cost of despair meaning additional curse meaning hard AF on ssf
Last edited by Cchris07 on Jul 16, 2021, 1:52:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info