[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"
Cchris07 wrote:

maybe the jun craft recouped as mana when you are hit could play a role also, il be interested to see how this is affected next league, its easy to make cyclone cost 0! so maybe 1 mana gained on hit ring + 1 life gained on hit ring could be the simple compromise, also a rare shaper shield could dull down the aura reserves + the 2% reduced mana jewel from the story could just about save it for solo self found allowing us to easily squeeze in clarity? there are plenty of options we will just have to see how it rides! im pretty confident this build will be fine though, just some minor tweaking maybe a small loss on the dps.

i wish it was the old days where assassins / poachers mark solved all these issues hah! technically it could but wed require to be constantly attacking something to cast? but at the painful cost of despair meaning additional curse meaning hard AF on ssf

If CoC maintains a 1x mana multiplier, we're at 45 mana per cast. With gemini claw, that's 31 net mana per cast. With two -7 mana crafts you're at 17 mana. At 15aps you're at 255 mana per second, so you need that much in regen (about 1500 max mana with mana leech, or stacking some mana regen).

However, they might add a mana multiplier for CoC (since it gives added spell damage - say 1.4x), making bladefall cost 63 mana (35 mana after reductions -> 35x15 = 525 mana/sec). In that case you probably will need to run Eldritch Battery and ES leech, possibly dropping acro/phase acro to have enough ES to sustain.

edit: you'd have to self-cast poacher's mark which is annoying, but possible solution for single target. You'd have to spec into additional curse, and I think those extra points could be spent on mana leech/eldritch battery/es leech to get enough sustain.
Last edited by efun on Jul 16, 2021, 4:04:22 PM

This might help
"
beksalted wrote:

This might help

Yep replica conq efficiency, clarity watcher's eye, mana crafts will hopefully help. I'm sure you will still be able to make CoC builds work in trade, though I'm curious if it will be SSF-viable.

We have to wait for patch notes anyway!

So heres what i got now, still need to twaek the chest for att crit and preferably life roll.

My question at this point is how exactly did you make the multimod weapon i got this base and i desire att speed and crit both t2+ problem is both are a suffix did you regal for the 2nd mod? Heres the base i just need to know how you did it.

(ps im aware im still using a junk sheild rn lmao, preserving the slot to fix any res later once my chests done; figured starkonjas is the happy medium out of devotos and rats till i find a hunter base of ilvl)
Last edited by EmptyTheBishop on Jul 18, 2021, 12:49:48 PM
"

My question at this point is how exactly did you make the multimod weapon i got this base and i desire att speed and crit both t2+ problem is both are a suffix did you regal for the 2nd mod? Heres the base i just need to know how you did it.
Unavailable

I used either deafening essence of zeal or loathing until I hit the other mod. If it also hit a third suffix, I had to use annul orbs and pray to remove the undesirable one. It requires many essences (on average 30-40) and then you still need to get lucky with third suffix. Serrated fossils are another way to try (83 tries on average).

If you have your 2 suffixes isolated and 2 undesirable prefixes, you can do "suffixes cannot be changed" + scour to make room for the two crafted (multimod) prefixes.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
efun wrote:
"

I used either deafening essence of zeal or loathing until I hit the other mod. If it also hit a third suffix, I had to use annul orbs and pray to remove the undesirable one. It requires many essences (on average 30-40) and then you still need to get lucky with third suffix. Serrated fossils are another way to try (83 tries on average).

If you have your 2 suffixes isolated and 2 undesirable prefixes, you can do "suffixes cannot be changed" + scour to make room for the two crafted (multimod) prefixes.

All makes sense now thanks, i tried a4 sirus and failed lol, shaper was almost killed still need to optimise gear get more life and generally get good kek.

Dont see anything about pantheon on the thread, what major ?
Last edited by EmptyTheBishop on Jul 19, 2021, 11:58:15 AM
"

Dont see anything about pantheon on the thread, what major ?

I went for Lunaris as major (upgraded with Shock and Horror at least), and Ryslatha as minor (life flasks are nice for longer fights, and the infested valley boss upgrade is great since "low life" is 50% now).

Btw this build is getting nerfed into the ground very soon so enjoy while you can!
Damn, this build got hit so hard. Every build, but this got hit on many core abilities.
"
ressiv wrote:
Damn, this build got hit so hard. Every build, but this got hit on many core abilities.

Yep! There's no longer an incentive to go super high APS because poison duration no longer stacks infinitely and mana cost will stack up like crazy.

You can go single or double spell, using gemini claw will help, but in either case it's still rough.

I believe you will still need a combination of mana leech + eldritch battery to sustain. Unfortunately this means we cannot use deadly ailments because it does 80% less damage with hits meaning leech won't work.

For example, bladefall has 24 mana cost. With 3 supports - let's say vile toxins (1.5x), void manipulation (1.4x), and CoC (1.4x) - 70 mana cost. At 12aps this is 840 mana/sec. If we did 4 supports with 1 spell, it would be 98 mana cost. At 7.5aps, this is 735 mana/sec. Considering gemini claw (+14 mana/hit), it would be 672 mana/sec at 12 aps or 630 mana/sec at 7.5aps. So you can see mana on hit will help higher APS but not to a crazy degree.

We can leech up to 20% mana per second and 10% energy shield per second. ES regenerates at 10% per second with Eldritch battery. So we can regen 20% of our combined ES/Mana pool per second assuming all leeches are full and up. If we had 4000 combined ES + mana that would be sufficient (800 total regen). If we could get 1500 mana and 2500 ES that might work.

With -mana cost on rings, clarity watcher's eye, replica conq efficiency, double spell probably becomes more appealing.

I will probably sit this build out for league start, but I'll keep my eye on what other CoC builds are trying and may revive it at some point! I think the elemental CoC builds will have an easier time sustaining mana because of Inspiration support + Tireless cluster.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Yep! There's no longer an incentive to go super high APS because poison duration no longer stacks infinitely and mana cost will stack up like crazy.

You can go single or double spell, using gemini claw will help, but in either case it's still rough.

I believe you will still need a combination of mana leech + eldritch battery to sustain. Unfortunately this means we cannot use deadly ailments because it does 80% less damage with hits meaning leech won't work.

For example, bladefall has 24 mana cost. With 3 supports - let's say vile toxins (1.5x), void manipulation (1.4x), and CoC (1.4x) - 70 mana cost. At 12aps this is 840 mana/sec. If we did 4 supports with 1 spell, it would be 98 mana cost. At 7.5aps, this is 735 mana/sec. Considering gemini claw (+14 mana/hit), it would be 672 mana/sec at 12 aps or 630 mana/sec at 7.5aps. So you can see mana on hit will help higher APS but not to a crazy degree.

We can leech up to 20% mana per second and 10% energy shield per second. ES regenerates at 10% per second with Eldritch battery. So we can regen 20% of our combined ES/Mana pool per second assuming all leeches are full and up. If we had 4000 combined ES + mana that would be sufficient (800 total regen). If we could get 1500 mana and 2500 ES that might work.

With -mana cost on rings, clarity watcher's eye, replica conq efficiency, double spell probably becomes more appealing.

I will probably sit this build out for league start, but I'll keep my eye on what other CoC builds are trying and may revive it at some point! I think the elemental CoC builds will have an easier time sustaining mana because of Inspiration support + Tireless cluster.

Sadness im sure there will be a way i migh run again mid leage n try figure it out
maybe trigger bb n run inspiration
Last edited by EmptyTheBishop on Jul 21, 2021, 2:18:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info