[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

Hi!

First, thanks for the build!

One question, is a good build for Delve? (Depth Around 300/400)

TY!!
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi!

TY!!

Yes this is quite a good delver. I got 400+ delve on the SSF character pretty easily.

Once you have life gain on hit rings and stun immunity you can survive in darkness for quite some time as long as there are mobs around to regen from. Withering step is also a great speed boost to run in/out of dark areas.

Cyclone/CoC builds feel great for delve anyway because you never stop moving, so you are usually past mobs before their ground degens appear (like the caustic ground on death zombies).
Hi, awesome build btw, my first time on SSF and this is a good build for it. However I do have a question, for the life gain on hit rings, why spell hits instead of attacks hit?
"
Shawnsalv wrote:
Hi, awesome build btw, my first time on SSF and this is a good build for it. However I do have a question, for the life gain on hit rings, why spell hits instead of attacks hit?

Attack hits is only for your cyclone, which just doesn't hit as much as your bf/bb does. If you tried gemini claw at any point, that's 38 life gain on attack hit and it feels about as good as one life gain on spell hit ring, at least against single target. So, that's roughly 2-3 hits for each cast of bf or bb against single target. Even if you are unlucky and get zero shotgunning from your bf/bb (only 1 hit for each cast) it would still be equivalent to the life gain on attack hit ring mod, so I would recommend the spell one if you can find it.

Against larger packs of mobs where you need sustain (like ultimatum) your bf/bb will give you a lot more life regen than single target because each enemy you hit gives you the life regen. Of course this would apply for life gain on attack hits as well, but only enemies within melee range.
"
efun wrote:
"
Sanfear wrote:
Hi!

TY!!

Yes this is quite a good delver. I got 400+ delve on the SSF character pretty easily.

Once you have life gain on hit rings and stun immunity you can survive in darkness for quite some time as long as there are mobs around to regen from. Withering step is also a great speed boost to run in/out of dark areas.

Cyclone/CoC builds feel great for delve anyway because you never stop moving, so you are usually past mobs before their ground degens appear (like the caustic ground on death zombies).

Thank you @efun!
"
efun wrote:
"
Shawnsalv wrote:

Attack hits is only for your cyclone, which just doesn't hit as much as your bf/bb does. If you tried gemini claw at any point, that's 38 life gain on attack hit and it feels about as good as one life gain on spell hit ring, at least against single target. So, that's roughly 2-3 hits for each cast of bf or bb against single target. Even if you are unlucky and get zero shotgunning from your bf/bb (only 1 hit for each cast) it would still be equivalent to the life gain on attack hit ring mod, so I would recommend the spell one if you can find it.

Against larger packs of mobs where you need sustain (like ultimatum) your bf/bb will give you a lot more life regen than single target because each enemy you hit gives you the life regen. Of course this would apply for life gain on attack hits as well, but only enemies within melee range.

Thanks for the reply, now I sort of understand the rationale. I recently swapped out of a gemini to a sceptre, clearing wise the sustain is ok, unless I get one-shot (only at 4.7k life), however, single target can be weird at times but I probably just need a 2nd ring with the life gain on hit mod to fix it. Still trying to roll a crusader ring but no luck in hitting it with other good rolls yet.
"
Shawnsalv wrote:

Thanks for the reply, now I sort of understand the rationale. I recently swapped out of a gemini to a sceptre, clearing wise the sustain is ok, unless I get one-shot (only at 4.7k life), however, single target can be weird at times but I probably just need a 2nd ring with the life gain on hit mod to fix it. Still trying to roll a crusader ring but no luck in hitting it with other good rolls yet.

4.7k life with fortify is pretty solid, there are of course 1-shots that would still be 1-shots at 5.5k-6k life that you just have to learn to dodge. On my trade league version I'm only at 5.2k life but rarely die (due to very high dps/life gain on hit). I also spec the upgraded life flask pantheon and am not afraid to hit life flask any time I'm not at full HP.

As someone mentioned in the thread, getting level 21 blade blast (either through vaaling or +1 phys gems on shield/weapon) will help the single target sustain by making blade blast shotgun better. I dumped all of my harvest reforge phys at ES-based shields to try and hit +1 phys gems (better than jagged fossil since jagged blocks phys as extra chaos). I also put es bases with relatively low int requirement (e.g. ancient spirit shield, brass spirit shield) on my filter and ID them all.

For ring, I throw any pristine/aetheric fossil or harvest reforge life/caster at it until I get good results. If you manage to find a shaper ring the odds of hitting life on spell hit are about twice as high compared to crusader.

One option would be to dual wield with a life gain on hit claw, which could give you some extra sustain, but you lose out on HP/res from shield, so probably not the best idea unless you have really good life on every other piece of gear.
Last edited by efun on Jun 3, 2021, 8:52:35 PM
"
efun wrote:
"
Shawnsalv wrote:

4.7k life with fortify is pretty solid, there are of course 1-shots that would still be 1-shots at 5.5k-6k life that you just have to learn to dodge. On my trade league version I'm only at 5.2k life but rarely die (due to very high dps/life gain on hit). I also spec the upgraded life flask pantheon and am not afraid to hit life flask any time I'm not at full HP.

As someone mentioned in the thread, getting level 21 blade blast (either through vaaling or +1 phys gems on shield/weapon) will help the single target sustain by making blade blast shotgun better. I dumped all of my harvest reforge phys at ES-based shields to try and hit +1 phys gems (better than jagged fossil since jagged blocks phys as extra chaos). I also put es bases with relatively low int requirement (e.g. ancient spirit shield, brass spirit shield) on my filter and ID them all.

For ring, I throw any pristine/aetheric fossil or harvest reforge life/caster at it until I get good results. If you manage to find a shaper ring the odds of hitting life on spell hit are about twice as high compared to crusader.

One option would be to dual wield with a life gain on hit claw, which could give you some extra sustain, but you lose out on HP/res from shield, so probably not the best idea unless you have really good life on every other piece of gear.

I agree with the 1-shots, honestly its sometimes due to the massive bladefalls that make it hard to know what kill-ed me. Boss mechanics has been ok, I just occasionally ( like really occasionally ) die to random mobs but its ok.

Yep I'm trying to level and vaal some blade blast now but I'm getting abit greedy with it as I want the 20% quality as well. However the minor pantheon wise I'm actually using shakari as poison can be irritating at times. But I will try out the life flask pantheon and see how it feels.

Also I'm new to crafting as I've always just played trade and sold my fossils and crafts away but SSF really makes u learn how to craft and is actually fun. Thanks for the crafting tips as its really been useful. I'm actually using a brittle on block shield which makes me not want to swap it out although I know out block isnt that high. I'm considering using tempest shield as a cwdt setup (right now im using vortex) but I doubt it will do much and I do have a decent crit chance already (with flask).

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the build and really greatful for such a great SSF build. Thank so much dude.
"
Shawnsalv wrote:

I agree with the 1-shots, honestly its sometimes due to the massive bladefalls that make it hard to know what kill-ed me. Boss mechanics has been ok, I just occasionally ( like really occasionally ) die to random mobs but its ok.

Yep I'm trying to level and vaal some blade blast now but I'm getting abit greedy with it as I want the 20% quality as well. However the minor pantheon wise I'm actually using shakari as poison can be irritating at times. But I will try out the life flask pantheon and see how it feels.

Also I'm new to crafting as I've always just played trade and sold my fossils and crafts away but SSF really makes u learn how to craft and is actually fun. Thanks for the crafting tips as its really been useful. I'm actually using a brittle on block shield which makes me not want to swap it out although I know out block isnt that high. I'm considering using tempest shield as a cwdt setup (right now im using vortex) but I doubt it will do much and I do have a decent crit chance already (with flask).

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the build and really greatful for such a great SSF build. Thank so much dude.

Glad you're enjoying it! If you wanted to go more block-based you could drop acro/phase acro and go for nodes like deflection, command of steel, arcane swiftness (unfortunately spell damage from arcane swiftness doesn't affect poison damage). The block nodes are all just a little too far away/node inefficient for my liking, which is why I decided on acro/phase acro and ignoring block.

There aren't many good secondary cwdt options, vortex or tempest shield seem fine (only ~2% block because of acro, but any bit helps I suppose). If you got additional curse chest you could add cwdt temp chains or something.

I agree the visual clutter from bladefall makes it hard to see, unless you already know some specific boss mechanic you're trying to dodge. I mostly just try not to stand still hahah.
"
efun wrote:
"
Shawnsalv wrote:

Glad you're enjoying it! If you wanted to go more block-based you could drop acro/phase acro and go for nodes like deflection, command of steel, arcane swiftness (unfortunately spell damage from arcane swiftness doesn't affect poison damage). The block nodes are all just a little too far away/node inefficient for my liking, which is why I decided on acro/phase acro and ignoring block.

There aren't many good secondary cwdt options, vortex or tempest shield seem fine (only ~2% block because of acro, but any bit helps I suppose). If you got additional curse chest you could add cwdt temp chains or something.

I agree the visual clutter from bladefall makes it hard to see, unless you already know some specific boss mechanic you're trying to dodge. I mostly just try not to stand still hahah.

Oh yea one more thing I wanted to ask, in the tree you took master of force which is phys damage, is it really crucial or would like just be those nodes where u take because you have extra points? I know our poison would scale abit via phys when applying it but would it really do alot ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info