[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

"
Shawnsalv wrote:

would like to ask for bladeblast, would u recommend 21/0 or 20/20 ?

Hm, I usually check PoB for that. 21 guarantees +1 radius, while 10% inc AoE may or may not depending on how much less/inc AoE you have (AoE rounds down to the nearest integer radius). 21 also gives 10% more blast blast damage (so about 5% more damage overall, assuming bf is half your damage and bb is the other half). 21/0 should be better in almost every case.

You can pick up Lethal Assault and/or the small AoE node next to it to put you over a breakpoint (for example, if you get 21/20 blade blast but are a few % short of +1 radius).

Is this good with the frenzy and endurance charges? Should I use it over a quartz?

I am thinking when I should craft a gemini claw? Mortem morsu seems so good.

I have a jewel with 2mana on hit, which is all I need currently.
"
ressiv wrote:

Is this good with the frenzy and endurance charges? Should I use it over a quartz?

I am thinking when I should craft a gemini claw? Mortem morsu seems so good.

I have a jewel with 2mana on hit, which is all I need currently.

I think silver flask for onslaught should be your best option for another flask.

If you have enough mana sustain you can go for a claw with faster attack speed and/or better life gain on hit (eye gouger, imperial claw). Or you could go for a rune dagger to look for better DPS mods. But yeah mortem morsu is probably going to be better than most random ones you craft - just have something on the side that you craft and if it hits lucky, you can swap it in.

Does this do much/worth 6L over an assassins garb? Sorry but I often find items and I am not sure if they help much. It's a bit hard to understand what adds damage to this build.

Also, when do you think I should start crafting a 6L chest? I have an ilvl 73 assassins garb, which I find high enough for the stats.
Or should I wait for a better base, maybe influenced?

And now I found this ring:

Almost max chaos res, free onslaught, 100% hit chance against evasive monsters. I can use quart flask with this.

This is the fun part of SSF, finding the upgrades, but also a bit of a hard part if you don't fully understand all the mechanics ;)
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 8, 2021, 4:24:48 AM
"
ressiv wrote:

Does this do much/worth 6L over an assassins garb? Sorry but I often find items and I am not sure if they help much. It's a bit hard to understand what adds damage to this build.

Also, when do you think I should start crafting a 6L chest? I have an ilvl 73 assassins garb, which I find high enough for the stats.

Almost max chaos res, free onslaught, 100% hit chance against evasive monsters. I can use quart flask with this.

This is the fun part of SSF, finding the upgrades, but also a bit of a hard part if you don't fully understand all the mechanics ;)

That ring is solid until you can find an influenced one for life gain on hit!

Dendrobate is pretty good for DPS (the 75-100% increased poison damage part, the 7th link doesn't do much). However you lose out on a lot of life so I didn't consider it.

Low ilvl chest is fine because you should use an essence of greed (ideally, deafening) to get a high life roll. Influenced needs to be high ilvl to be worth it usually, I go for a non-influenced high life chest first and then later try for influenced. Honestly I like to start with a 6-socket base (even if it's not ideal like assassin's garb - any decent dex or dex/int base), perfect fossil or hillock the quality up, craft quality, and try to 6L. The base isn't so important here.
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

That ring is solid until you can find an influenced one for life gain on hit!

Dendrobate is pretty good for DPS (the 75-100% increased poison damage part, the 7th link doesn't do much). However you lose out on a lot of life so I didn't consider it.

Low ilvl chest is fine because you should use an essence of greed (ideally, deafening) to get a high life roll. Influenced needs to be high ilvl to be worth it usually, I go for a non-influenced high life chest first and then later try for influenced. Honestly I like to start with a 6-socket base (even if it's not ideal like assassin's garb - any decent dex or dex/int base), perfect fossil or hillock the quality up, craft quality, and try to 6L. The base isn't so important here.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Will keep the ring and keep looking for crusader or shaper ring.

I will start pumping some currency into 6linking a chest from now on :)

Btw havent seen you online yet, but added you ;)

About 400 fuses :D
Gonna run with this for a while, life seems high!
"
ressiv wrote:

About 400 fuses :D
Gonna run with this for a while, life seems high!

Congrats! If you ever find a split beast or fractured fossil (the fancy fossils are a lot more common now, I think I found a fractured at less than 400 depth) you can split and then have one to craft on and one to keep, so you can keep trying with essences of greed to get even better (fractured will reroll the item, but a deafening essence of greed will get you back to almost the same as you already have).

Btw haven't been online too much as I'm done grinding this league, but will be on occasionally.
Last edited by efun on Jun 9, 2021, 5:11:02 PM

Is this any better than mortem morsu? It has an open prefix.
I would probably first need a crusader/shaper ring
Edit: just noticed the rolls are very low :S

Also got a -2 channeling cost craft on rings, all good on the mana now.

Sitting at 4.6k hp comfortably zooming through yellow maps!

Feeling lucky lately lol

ilvl 75

Decided to throw a few chaos at it:
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 15, 2021, 7:46:49 AM
What do you think I should focus on next?
Last edited by ressiv on Jun 15, 2021, 12:55:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info