[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

I've hit a brick wall. Unable to beat the current two conquerors (Al Hezmin and Baran). The final two to get A4 sirus. Lacking big dps. It takes a long time to kill tier16 bosses now. Would you take a look at my pob and direct me.

Which upgrades should I focus on next?
https://pastebin.com/6K7YjWFK

Still unable to find a six link. And unable to link one either. So, very squishy.
"
buttcaake wrote:
I've hit a brick wall. Unable to beat the current two conquerors (Al Hezmin and Baran). The final two to get A4 sirus. Lacking big dps. It takes a long time to kill tier16 bosses now. Would you take a look at my pob and direct me.

Still unable to find a six link. And unable to link one either. So, very squishy.

Your DPS looks to be around 0.7M from my estimation (bladefall dps * 3 + blade blast dps + 3) so yes a bit low. You should be able to beat Al-Hezmin on a zdps build (when he spawns snakes in the middle, just run around the arena in circles until they despawn), but Baran is a bit trickier and benefits from higher DPS.

For play tips, have you been able to stack withering step multiple times? On your PoB you can put "# of Withered Stacks: 6" and ": 12" to see the DPS you can gain if you are able to cyclone-cancel and apply further stacks. Should be about 25% more damage. (7 stacks per application is for level 21 withering step)

Skill tree: You could drop freedom of movement for a few life nodes (remember there are life nodes near "Finesse" at the Ranger start). You can also use spare/leftover points on Toxic Strikes or stretch to Dire Torment. Be on the lookout for jewels with % life, attack speed, and poison damage.

cluster jewels: try to get Overwhelming Malice (25-30% more damage depending on how much phys as extra chaos you have). Remember you can always socket a medium cluster jewel in the main cluster jewel sockets that attach to the tree, so getting just Overwhelming Malice on a medium crit cluster and then using the extra points saved from large cluster for DPS on the tree (e.g. toxic strikes, dire torment). I know getting clusters is pretty hard this league, but if you happen to find a mace/sceptre cluster I would start rolling that on the side for fortify.

chest: the lack of a proper 6L is unfortunate (make sure you're using your fusings on an armor with higher quality from perfect fossil/hillock and craft on +quality).

boots: looks good!

helm: also great.

rings: unlock the higher tier life craft and put it on your one ring, and you have a free suffix on the other to fix resists which you might lose upgrading other gear.

belt: I would use a nice leather belt over stygian (I only used stygian because I had a nice corrupted blood immune jewel, otherwise the mods aren't super great for us)

gloves: Essence of greed would be great here, you could have room to craft attack speed (= dps).

shield: solid but you can do better. Deafening essence of greed guarantees 110 life. Shield was one item that I put on my filter and picked up every single one (Evasion shields: "Imperial Buckler" "Crusader Buckler"; eva/es shields: "Supreme Spiked Shield"; es shields: "Brass Spirit Shield" "Ancient Spirit Shield")

weapon: looks fine, you can keep trying to find shrieking/deafening essence of loathing to use on claws to see if you can get anything better.
Hi, I'm following your guide as SSF player (not in SSF league, I do sell items for currency and trade currency, I just dont buy items).

I was lucky getting a Tabula Rasa early on.

Currently I am using this 6 link: Cyclone + Cocs + Bladefall + Pcoc + Increased crit strikes + Spell cascade

I felt that using bladefall + blade blast currently gives me less dps.
I need the pcoc and crit strikes gem to get high crit (no Ungil's yet).
Do you think this is currently the optimal 6link setup for me?

I dont have Perfect Agony, it felt like I was losing dps with it. Could this be true?

I found a Mortem morsu claw which feels like a very good claw for this build. I am at 5.95 APS with it.

Do you have any tips for me for upgrading or changes to the 6-link setup?
Can you see my character on here?

Currently in Act 8 and have no problems with dps/hp sofar, but just checking if I'm doing some crucial things wrong before getting to maps.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by ressiv on May 31, 2021, 4:15:47 AM
"
ressiv wrote:
Hi, I'm following your guide as SSF player (not in SSF league, I do sell items for currency and trade currency, I just dont buy items).

Currently I am using this 6 link: Cyclone + Cocs + Bladefall + Pcoc + Increased crit strikes + Spell cascade

I dont have Perfect Agony, it felt like I was losing dps with it. Could this be true?

I found a Mortem morsu claw which feels like a very good claw for this build. I am at 5.95 APS with it.

Currently in Act 8 and have no problems with dps/hp sofar, but just checking if I'm doing some crucial things wrong before getting to maps.

Thanks in advance!

You can use Pcoc until you get the third lab, and increased critical strikes until you get an ungils.

The reason why Perfect Agony feels bad is because a good chunk of your DPS is probably coming from hits, and not poison. Your chance to poison from spells is only 60%, so you are losing a ton of poison DPS. Try to spec Fatal Toxins and Serpentine Spellslinger instead of going for the cluster jewel so early. No need to spec Perfect Agony, but at a certain point it will be worth it (because you get some crit multi on the tree and your hit damage will be low relative to your poison damage). If you switch away from Mortem Morsu (which may be well into yellow maps or later), make sure to spec Swift Venoms to cap your attack poison chance.

If you are below 6aps, just use bladefall in your 6L setup as you are doing. Once you spec nodes on the tree (and use silver flask) to get attack speed above 6aps, swap to bf+bb. As you've noted, the second spell doesn't give you more damage on its own compared to another support gem. The power of using bf+bb is that it lets you apply more poisons, and hit more often (which helps with life gain on hit later).
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

Thanks in advance!

You can use Pcoc until you get the third lab, and increased critical strikes until you get an ungils.

The reason why Perfect Agony feels bad is because a good chunk of your DPS is probably coming from hits, and not poison. Your chance to poison from spells is only 60%, so you are losing a ton of poison DPS. Try to spec Fatal Toxins and Serpentine Spellslinger instead of going for the cluster jewel so early. No need to spec Perfect Agony, but at a certain point it will be worth it (because you get some crit multi on the tree and your hit damage will be low relative to your poison damage). If you switch away from Mortem Morsu (which may be well into yellow maps or later), make sure to spec Swift Venoms to cap your attack poison chance.

If you are below 6aps, just use bladefall in your 6L setup as you are doing. Once you spec nodes on the tree (and use silver flask) to get attack speed above 6aps, swap to bf+bb. As you've noted, the second spell doesn't give you more damage on its own compared to another support gem. The power of using bf+bb is that it lets you apply more poisons, and hit more often (which helps with life gain on hit later).

Thanks for the detailed response!
That really clears up a lot for me.

You think Mortem Morsu is gonna carry me far into maps before I will be able to craft a gemini claw?

Last question, I won't get fortify without a scepter, any other way to get fortify into the build or is it not worth it?
"
ressiv wrote:

You think Mortem Morsu is gonna carry me far into maps before I will be able to craft a gemini claw?

Last question, I won't get fortify without a scepter, any other way to get fortify into the build or is it not worth it?

I started this build in SSF this league, then started a new character in trade league to test out the build there and used Mortem Morsu until yellow maps (until I could swap to sceptre/fortify). You can fix mana for a few points on the tree (Essence Sap cluster or viridian jewel with mana gained on hit), or Elreon ring crafts once you unlock them. Mortem Morsu is powerful because of high aps, crit chance, and crit multi (which converts to DoT multi with perfect agony).

You can do whirling blades/fortify if you like. Before you get life gained on hit this might feel tankier. I personally don't like stopping cycloning on CoC builds to gain fortify, especially when sustain (e.g. life gain on hit) is dependent on attacking. The corruption implicit "chance to gain fortify on melee hit" is only on axes, maces, and swords unfortunately.

edit: btw I see you have spell cascade at level 1, you actually want to level up spell cascade in this build because the "reduced damage" will hurt you. While most bf/bb builds just use bladefall as the trigger for blade blast and don't care about the damage from it, we actually use bladefall as a main damage dealer
Last edited by efun on May 31, 2021, 7:06:38 AM
"
efun wrote:
"
ressiv wrote:

I started this build in SSF this league, then started a new character in trade league to test out the build there and used Mortem Morsu until yellow maps (until I could swap to sceptre/fortify). You can fix mana for a few points on the tree (Essence Sap cluster or viridian jewel with mana gained on hit), or Elreon ring crafts once you unlock them. Mortem Morsu is powerful because of high aps, crit chance, and crit multi (which converts to DoT multi with perfect agony).

You can do whirling blades/fortify if you like. Before you get life gained on hit this might feel tankier. I personally don't like stopping cycloning on CoC builds to gain fortify, especially when sustain (e.g. life gain on hit) is dependent on attacking. The corruption implicit "chance to gain fortify on melee hit" is only on axes, maces, and swords unfortunately.

edit: btw I see you have spell cascade at level 1, you actually want to level up spell cascade in this build because the "reduced damage" will hurt you. While most bf/bb builds just use bladefall as the trigger for blade blast and don't care about the damage from it, we actually use bladefall as a main damage dealer

Thanks again for the good points, will adjust immediately :)
Great work on the guide! Do you think this is tanky enough for hardcore?
I am pretty new to POE (in overall time, have been playing for a couple weeks a year for a few years), and opposed to supporting Chinese game farmers. So this build appealed to me. It is fun, i am just starting maps and the dps is good. I do fine with the map itself because everything just dies, but some boss fights and the ultimatum kills me almost every time.

I think it is because i lack fortify and endurance, which you stated at the beginning this build features. So i am trying to get fortify and endurance, but i can't for the life of me figure out where it is in your build.

please help me out.
Last edited by Natural_Causes on May 31, 2021, 10:32:32 AM
"
efun wrote:
"
buttcaake wrote:

Your DPS looks to be around 0.7M from my estimation (bladefall dps * 3 + blade blast dps + 3) so yes a bit low. You should be able to beat Al-Hezmin on a zdps build (when he spawns snakes in the middle, just run around the arena in circles until they despawn), but Baran is a bit trickier and benefits from higher DPS.

For play tips, have you been able to stack withering step multiple times? On your PoB you can put "# of Withered Stacks: 6" and ": 12" to see the DPS you can gain if you are able to cyclone-cancel and apply further stacks. Should be about 25% more damage. (7 stacks per application is for level 21 withering step)

Skill tree: You could drop freedom of movement for a few life nodes (remember there are life nodes near "Finesse" at the Ranger start). You can also use spare/leftover points on Toxic Strikes or stretch to Dire Torment. Be on the lookout for jewels with % life, attack speed, and poison damage.

cluster jewels: try to get Overwhelming Malice (25-30% more damage depending on how much phys as extra chaos you have). Remember you can always socket a medium cluster jewel in the main cluster jewel sockets that attach to the tree, so getting just Overwhelming Malice on a medium crit cluster and then using the extra points saved from large cluster for DPS on the tree (e.g. toxic strikes, dire torment). I know getting clusters is pretty hard this league, but if you happen to find a mace/sceptre cluster I would start rolling that on the side for fortify.

chest: the lack of a proper 6L is unfortunate (make sure you're using your fusings on an armor with higher quality from perfect fossil/hillock and craft on +quality).

boots: looks good!

helm: also great.

rings: unlock the higher tier life craft and put it on your one ring, and you have a free suffix on the other to fix resists which you might lose upgrading other gear.

belt: I would use a nice leather belt over stygian (I only used stygian because I had a nice corrupted blood immune jewel, otherwise the mods aren't super great for us)

gloves: Essence of greed would be great here, you could have room to craft attack speed (= dps).

shield: solid but you can do better. Deafening essence of greed guarantees 110 life. Shield was one item that I put on my filter and picked up every single one (Evasion shields: "Imperial Buckler" "Crusader Buckler"; eva/es shields: "Supreme Spiked Shield"; es shields: "Brass Spirit Shield" "Ancient Spirit Shield")

weapon: looks fine, you can keep trying to find shrieking/deafening essence of loathing to use on claws to see if you can get anything better.

Thank you v much for the detailed review. I will go through each factor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info