[3.14] CoC Poison Bladefall / Blade Blast Assassin | SSF Viable

I went with wither totems for bosses. For now. I need more practice to manage pressing withering step and plague bearer efficiently too. Need to get more evasion gear. Getting hit a lot rn. Other than that, build feels really good.

Why did u take mistwalker instead of opportunistic btw?
Last edited by buttcaake on May 20, 2021, 7:45:31 AM
"
buttcaake wrote:
I went with wither totems for bosses. For now. I need more practice to manage pressing withering step and plague bearer efficiently too. Need to get more evasion gear. Getting hit a lot rn. Other than that, build feels really good.

Why did u take mistwalker instead of opportunistic btw?

I definitely prioritize withering step micromanagement over plague bearer micromanagement. I sometimes go entire maps forgetting about plague bearer tbh, but it can be a huge clearing bonus if your DPS isn't high enough to clear packs yet. Wither totems of course work if you prefer that!

Every assassin build should take mistwalker imo. Being immune to crits and gaining a buff for 45% move speed and 20% attack/spell dodge is just too good. It also synergizes nicely with withering step tech because withering step can override your elusive buff from crit, and then you can regain elusive on crit once withering step elusive decays. Withering step elusive effect is also ~200% because mistwalker gives you elusive effect, so that's 60% move speed and 30% attack/spell dodge at the beginning.

If anything, if you could find enough crit chance elsewhere you would drop unstable infusion for opportunistic.

In terms of survivability getting more evasion is nice, but you'll be tankier if you find a life gain on hit ring (or two!). I try to juice any early baran maps I get to try and drop a crusader ring. Shaper scarabs and shaper/elder trinket incubators are also useful.

edit: btw the 70% spell damage on your shield does almost nothing for this build, so you could definitely upgrade that to an evasion or eva/es shield with some better life and resists. Only phys as extra chaos or +1 to phys gems are good shield dps mods, and both are pretty rare.
Last edited by efun on May 20, 2021, 4:06:34 PM
"
efun wrote:

I definitely prioritize withering step micromanagement over plague bearer micromanagement. I sometimes go entire maps forgetting about plague bearer tbh, but it can be a huge clearing bonus if your DPS isn't high enough to clear packs yet. Wither totems of course work if you prefer that!

Every assassin build should take mistwalker imo. Being immune to crits and gaining a buff for 45% move speed and 20% attack/spell dodge is just too good. It also synergizes nicely with withering step tech because withering step can override your elusive buff from crit, and then you can regain elusive on crit once withering step elusive decays. Withering step elusive effect is also ~200% because mistwalker gives you elusive effect, so that's 60% move speed and 30% attack/spell dodge at the beginning.

If anything, if you could find enough crit chance elsewhere you would drop unstable infusion for opportunistic.

In terms of survivability getting more evasion is nice, but you'll be tankier if you find a life gain on hit ring (or two!). I try to juice any early baran maps I get to try and drop a crusader ring. Shaper scarabs and shaper/elder trinket incubators are also useful.

edit: btw the 70% spell damage on your shield does almost nothing for this build, so you could definitely upgrade that to an evasion or eva/es shield with some better life and resists. Only phys as extra chaos or +1 to phys gems are good shield dps mods, and both are pretty rare.

Thank you for the ascendancy explanation. And also for taking a look at my character. Very much appreciate it.

Thanks for the baran tip too. I'll try to do that.

I'll change my shield. I thought the spell damage would effect. Mayb i should change boots to an evasion one now. Since i have onslaught ring?

I got new claw today. And helmet. Gemini claw. So i've dropped my mana flask.

I have changed to withering step too. Have got used to it. I'm not pushing the content that fast because Im not in such a hurry. But I can clear low yellow maps easy rn. Im amazed how well this build is doing for so less investment. I know its like that with bf bb builds. But its so good.

I have been wanting to play CoC for a while now and im glad this thread was on here when I decided to search for one finally.
Last edited by buttcaake on May 20, 2021, 8:38:33 PM
Will soul tether work well with this build? Or not worth it? I got a random drop. I also learned about atziri's acuity just now. Seems like a cool glove for this build.
"
buttcaake wrote:
Will soul tether work well with this build? Or not worth it? I got a random drop. I also learned about atziri's acuity just now. Seems like a cool glove for this build.

There's no source of leech on this build, except maybe a boot enchant "damage leeched as life" or watcher's eye with leech. Actually, the hit damage is very low on this build so leech does not work well anyway. Instead, I try to use "life gained on hit" which does not count as leech, so soul tether/acuity aren't good choices.
loved the build! HC Viable?
"
Besk1 wrote:
loved the build! HC Viable?

The build is tanky for softcore, but not really HC viable. Most of the good defences (fortify, endurance charges, life gain on hit) come online later, so when getting into red maps you would be 4-4.5k hp with only dodge/evasion as defence.

Assassin builds are not great for HC because you don't get enough life on tree (plus low strength). For poison I think occultist (scaling curse effect) or pathfinder is more HC viable but not sure if you can get enough crit chance. May be possible with high crit weapon like Bino's Kitchen Knife.
The life gain on spell hit isnt quite working that well for me. The life gain is too less and I die before I get healed. Mayb Im missing something for it to work properly?
"
buttcaake wrote:
The life gain on spell hit isnt quite working that well for me. The life gain is too less and I die before I get healed. Mayb Im missing something for it to work properly?

In what kind of content are you dying? If you have two life gain on hit rings you should have really good regen on single target (30 life gain * 10 aps * roughly 3 bf/bb hitting per cast = 900 regen). More attack speed with also give you more regen. I see you're also trying it on an ice nova character which will be less regen than bf/bb (because it hits less often).

For survivability you could try endurance charges (if you have the oils for "smashing strikes"). You will get 12% phys reduction and your immortal call will be a lot beefier.
Last edited by efun on May 28, 2021, 2:24:33 PM
"
efun wrote:
"
buttcaake wrote:

In what kind of content are you dying? If you have two life gain on hit rings you should have really good regen on single target (30 life gain * 10 aps * roughly 3 bf/bb hitting per cast = 900 regen). More attack speed with also give you more regen. I see you're also trying it on an ice nova character which will be less regen than bf/bb (because it hits less often).

For survivability you could try endurance charges (if you have the oils for "smashing strikes"). You will get 12% phys reduction and your immortal call will be a lot beefier.

In tier 16 maps. It just doesnt regen fast enough. Im trying this ice nova out. For experimental purposes. Switched out the rings now. Still looking for oils to allocate smashing strikes. Just need one more. Will come back if I hit a wall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info