3.14.1 Patch Notes Preview

"
Rippster wrote:
"
Olorandir wrote:
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
Grrrr....

I’m happy to see you are attempting to fix issues, but game is in pretty bad stage now. I never had issues with nerfing overpowered builds of broken mechanics, but you decided to nerf end game for majority of players. Yes, there are people who will blindly support any decision you make and pretend to enjoy everything, but truth to the matter is that game is not enjoyable for a lot of players. Fracturing nerf wasn’t necessary (for example, we already had to reveal split copies of blueprints, it already had high cost associated with it and rewards were already nerfed as well to the level where fracturing BP wasn’t super rewarding), delirium maps didn’t have to be nerfed either (again, it already was gated behind few exalts per map between fossils/sextants/scarabs/prophecies and on top of it you needed an actual build to be able to run them, this alone was putting high price tag on running them) and don’t even get me started on that overnerfed harvest, with - again - empty promises of keeping the rare crafts on same rarity level. I ditched harvest 2 hours after I was finally able to play, did about 80 harvests (staying on standard this time, again, league looks recycled) without seeing EVEN ONE T4 craft, EVEN ONE augment or remove non/augment WITH fully rolled watchstones etc.

End game is non existent for a lot of people now, and the rebalanced rewards are a joke, outside of the Lab (which you will most likely “adjust” after this league because it’s prolly too rewarding)

I love the game and I have no issues pumping $$$ into support but this is getting a bit out of hand.

Most of us PoE players agree with this post. All those nerfs are simply ABSURD, to say the least. They are ridiculous, and absolutely destroy the fun for us players (affecting both casual and hardcore players). What a shame GGG, what a shame.

I'm a long time PoE and GGG supporter, but my supporter pack purchases and any other game related payments are on HALT, untill you guys undo all this nonsense (especially regarding harvest, It was straight bullsh*t to nerf it this way). As of now, the game is going downhill with all those absurd nerfs (and don't get me started with this ridiculous texture streaming that is probably the WORST idea GGG implemented so far).

You guys are losing peoples's trust and endorsement with those shady moves, including myself. I'd suggest a huge change on your behavior, otherwise you will fall, and we'll move on. The clock is ticking. ACT FAST!

+1

The nerfs. Man, the nerfs. I thought Blizzard was bad but this is a whole new level of absurdity. I'm getting very concerned about the direction of this game and company, I just don't think they will turn this around. Whoever is making/approving all these poor decisions will probably look back one day with regret. It boggles the mind.

SMH

Absolutely agree on that one. But I still have some faith left on this company and it's developing team, so here are my suggestions to minimize the damage for now:

-First of all, DO REALLY LISTEN to your playerbase on the feedback forums, like this one, It's a good start. People are literally telling what is wrong, like myself right now;

-Rollback some of those insane nerfs that happened for no reason, and out of nowhere, especially harvest and loot related drops (also, you should have restarted the league day two, to begin with);

-Fix or completely remove this wicked texture streaming nonsense;

-Increase the drop rates on Ultimatum encounters, because the mechanic itself is fun, but the rewards are mostly trash, and the chaos drops are only inflating the exalt ratio;

And the last and most important one: Make the guys who nerf stuff know that POE IS A GAME! It's supposed to be fun. It's not hard to understand that line. What they are doing is simply DESTROYING all the fun, because they probably don't play the game, or they are too blind to notice all the complains.

The latest decisions you guys are doing are literally sinking this company, the same thing happened to Blizzard, EA, Bethesda, and so on, and look how much stock market those companies lost due to bad behavior against the customer (and I didn't even mention the priority queue yet, It was disgustingly bad, period). Don't do the same mistakes they did, please, I beg you. I want to keep endorsing this game and it's company, like I always did, but I'm very concerned for you guys.

Looks like you are focusing all your time and effort on PoE 2 and completely neglecting the gameplay issues like you don't even care. It looks like so. But beware, if you continuing doing so, there won't be many players left to even see it, cause we will mostly bail out of this nonsense.

Don't take the route of turning your backs on us, the customers, because we will do the same to you. And please be careful, because you can't win this fight, AT ALL.

I hope you guys fix those problems in time. I really do. Get together GGG, I still have some faith left on you!
Last edited by Olorandir on Apr 27, 2021, 8:28:02 PM
Remove Harvest please.
@LilyGrshmn ★
"
Andariel217 wrote:
Remove Harvest please.

Couldn't agree more. Either commit to tuning it so it is rewarding without it feeling bad because it stole the spawn opportunity of literally any other mechanic in the game, or remove it.
May all your rings be unique
Harvest is shit now. Remove it, thanks.
Last edited by Sorastae on Apr 27, 2021, 8:30:05 PM
No fix for the Betrayal Challenge?

:(
GGG AMA when?

Make sure you give people enough to time be a part of it and not just have fanboi streamers and redditors do all the talking.

Thanks.
Hey, can the balance team (don't want to seem like I'm hating on all of GGG, I love you, writers and artists!) admit either A. that they want Harvest dead and don't give a crap about how useless it is for anything other than currency/resist exchange crafts or B. that they screwed up in nerfing it and need to reconsider their "double-tap" approach to nerfing in general? Those are the best explanations that I can think of for this foolishness.

3.13 was an amazing patch that I played even after getting 40/40, but for this patch I don't foresee myself getting past 36/40 (again, love you, artists, that's one sexy portal MTX!) if I even go that far. My character progression has hit a brick wall that can only be overcome by spending more time in your awful trade system than in actually playing the game.

If that feedback isn't persuasive, then notice this: the last supporter pack I bought was for Harvest league, and that's no accident. When I saw how you responded to Harvest's success in 3.13 (not addressing the TFT problem, but instead committing to making it worse for SSF/trade-lite players, and then somehow managing to undersell the nerf), that's when I decided that I wasn't going to buy a supporter pack for that league, despite it being my favorite. I hope your adoring whales manage to outspend customers who appreciate a decent [fun] / [time spent] ratio.
Last edited by TheKumquatThaumaturge on Apr 27, 2021, 8:47:56 PM
"
BigBobLad wrote:
GGG AMA when?

Make sure you give people enough to time be a part of it and not just have fanboi streamers and redditors do all the talking.

Thanks.

This is sort of the problem, I think.

GGG have grown and fallen into the trap of so many other indie-turned-mainstream devs, in that they've become surrounded by a bubble of ultra high-end streamers, and are relying on their play and feedback to balance the game, leaving all the little fish gasping.

At the end of the day, this isn't a MOBA. This isn't an MMO. It should be fun and rewarding for everyone who plays it (to a reasonable degree) with a small amount of ultra-challenging bragging-rights content for the super top-end players to enjoy.
Hi GGG when the fix for liege primordial golem respawn bugs?
is it really that hard to fix?

Thanks
"
Thanks for not fixing Harvest

It was broken op and now it's fixed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info