3.13.2 Patch Notes

GGG, you have screwed over people with harddrives and secondary SSD's.

Revert the shader folder location to within the games install location again, or give people an option to specify where the shaders go.

This is beyond stupid, and nonsensical, why didn't you mention this anywhere?

Shaders for me, now go to "C:\Users\accountname\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheVulkan"

Where before it was "P:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheVulkan"

My C drive is a much slower SSD than the P drive, and this is just dumb in every way.
"

GGG OUR PCs should be responsible for holding textures, models, assets, FXs, etc. not your servers. That is your biggest issue.
It seems that in 8 years you still have not figured that out. I do understand your moving forward principle, HOWEVER in 1 month 1 single game dev could do that. You have 4 months between leagues, and more then one dev. Easy fix, stop streaming textures, make game 200GB large, keep randomizer only on server side. Once zone is loaded, server will draw from PC everything that it will need. Spikes will get fixed, FPS will be stable

Wow I didn't notice we download everything even static contents.

Totally agree : STATIC content should be on the computer

Not an easy fix though, but can start by moving some frequently accessed data first.

To add on : not only randomizer but general game control like combat calculation, crafting, trading,... need to be on server to prevent cheating.
you guys fix the broken anomalous golems yet or maybe next year? broken as in the alternate quality buff effects do not apply.
I can't enter the game after the patch, it crashes as a try to enter any character.
new M1 user. any way to disable the esc key exiting full screen? very annoying.
Thank you GGG for testing this during end of league where the least amount of people get affected by it. Really appreciate the work you put into improving the game's performance, we've come a long way last few leagues. Especially the Vulkan stuff, culling of spells etc. My system is no longer "burning" during delirium, Alva etc. Keep up the good work and know that many of us "non spoiled brats" appreciate it.
Last edited by Jes00jes on Apr 6, 2021, 3:57:30 PM
Unfortunately since the last patch the texture pop in is worst than it was before. It is blurry and black much longer than before.

Not sure how it is for others but this last patch made my experience worst.

After this patch game works very well for me, i notice improvment on first map. I get in map and started to farm fast no freezes that i had before patch. I play on 60fps with Vsync on so my fps is locked on 60, and it is constantly 59-60 without freezes most importantly, well done.
"
thiendaoxuan wrote:
"

GGG OUR PCs should be responsible for holding textures, models, assets, FXs, etc. not your servers. That is your biggest issue.
It seems that in 8 years you still have not figured that out. I do understand your moving forward principle, HOWEVER in 1 month 1 single game dev could do that. You have 4 months between leagues, and more then one dev. Easy fix, stop streaming textures, make game 200GB large, keep randomizer only on server side. Once zone is loaded, server will draw from PC everything that it will need. Spikes will get fixed, FPS will be stable

Wow I didn't notice we download everything even static contents.

Totally agree : STATIC content should be on the computer

Not an easy fix though, but can start by moving some frequently accessed data first.

To add on : not only randomizer but general game control like combat calculation, crafting, trading,... need to be on server to prevent cheating.

Because you don't... lol.

Absolute buffoons on here think "texture streaming" means downloading textures. That's not it.

Texture streaming just means you dont wait for everything to load and THEN play, it means you can play WHILE textures are loading.
"
scottjl99 wrote:
new M1 user. any way to disable the esc key exiting full screen? very annoying.

Been looking for this too. It's pretty annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info