3.13.2 Patch Notes

"
Testing: GPU: RTX 2060 Super
CPU: Intel i5 2.8 Ghz, 4 cores
RAM: 12GB
Storage: SSD
Internet connection: 1Gbps upload/download (Speed tested on GGG servers 20ms ping, ingame, same servers 30-50 fluctuating ping)

Renderer: Vulkan

Before Patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

After miracle pre-patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

Testing results: 0% improvement, excellent patch like all other "performance" patches, GG at least there is no decrease in performance this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renderer: DX11

Before Patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

After miracle pre-patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

Testing results: 2% improvement, if textures are preloaded it stays at 59 even fighting, etc.. however after a few runs of any content, EVERYTHING GETS RELOADED for some unknown reason. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

Overall results: GGG OUR PCs should be responsible for holding textures, models, assets, FXs, etc. not your servers. That is your biggest issue.
It seems that in 8 years you still have not figured that out. I do understand your moving forward principle, HOWEVER in 1 month 1 single game dev could do that. You have 4 months between leagues, and more then one dev. Easy fix, stop streaming textures, make game 200GB large, keep randomizer only on server side. Once zone is loaded, server will draw from PC everything that it will need. Spikes will get fixed, FPS will be stable, people will be happy. Except those who give a fk about harvest...

Your FPS there is primarily CPU limited - just to let you know. I5 2.8ghz is pretty low for high detail poe.
Dunno what you did with this patch, but it seems it messed up the game for me. I have done flashing artifacts on the edges of the screen every now and then plus all of the sudden my FPS started to act crazy, I’m going from 160+ to 6 FPS in split second, and than up to 90, than down than up to 150+, than again to single digits, never had those issues before. In fact I never understood wtf are those performance issues people are complaining about all the time but it seems that my good performance past couple of years has come to an end.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
i can't play the game properly.this is bad patches.it takes about 20-30 seconds to get from one map to the next.before 3 seconds.
"
thiendaoxuan wrote:
"

GGG OUR PCs should be responsible for holding textures, models, assets, FXs, etc. not your servers. That is your biggest issue.
It seems that in 8 years you still have not figured that out. I do understand your moving forward principle, HOWEVER in 1 month 1 single game dev could do that. You have 4 months between leagues, and more then one dev. Easy fix, stop streaming textures, make game 200GB large, keep randomizer only on server side. Once zone is loaded, server will draw from PC everything that it will need. Spikes will get fixed, FPS will be stable

Wow I didn't notice we download everything even static contents.

Totally agree : STATIC content should be on the computer

Not an easy fix though, but can start by moving some frequently accessed data first.

To add on : not only randomizer but general game control like combat calculation, crafting, trading,... need to be on server to prevent cheating.

Guys, this is NOT what "texture streaming" means. Go look it up.

Textures are streamed OFF OF YOUR DISK (SSD or HD).
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
thiendaoxuan wrote:
"

GGG OUR PCs should be responsible for holding textures, models, assets, FXs, etc. not your servers. That is your biggest issue.
It seems that in 8 years you still have not figured that out. I do understand your moving forward principle, HOWEVER in 1 month 1 single game dev could do that. You have 4 months between leagues, and more then one dev. Easy fix, stop streaming textures, make game 200GB large, keep randomizer only on server side. Once zone is loaded, server will draw from PC everything that it will need. Spikes will get fixed, FPS will be stable

Wow I didn't notice we download everything even static contents.

Totally agree : STATIC content should be on the computer

Not an easy fix though, but can start by moving some frequently accessed data first.

To add on : not only randomizer but general game control like combat calculation, crafting, trading,... need to be on server to prevent cheating.

Guys, this is NOT what "texture streaming" means. Go look it up.

Textures are streamed OFF OF YOUR DISK (SSD or HD).

Just ignore these people like GGG is doing... they don't even want to google what "texture streaming" means so it doesn't warrant a reply. However... real problems like this> need an actual response.

GGG, you have screwed over people with harddrives and secondary SSD's.

Revert the shader folder location to within the games install location again, or give people an option to specify where the shaders go.

This is beyond stupid, and nonsensical, why didn't you mention this anywhere?

Shaders for me, now go to "C:\Users\accountname\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheVulkan"

Where before it was "P:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Path of Exile\ShaderCacheVulkan"

My C drive is a much slower SSD than the P drive, and this is just dumb in every way.
Tbh, it's nice that you try to increase performance, or at least smooth the textures out a bit. But when I played after this patch has been issued and updated to my game, I've had several huge lag spikes where my game freezes and then jumps forward to a point, where I have close to 0 chance to do anything but just hope to not die by spamming my attack abilities and flasks.
So this was about performance, okay. I came here to check, if you made oshabi appear more frequently. Saw her in the league 2 times but today 3 times and I really really really just want to finish my crafting projects and not fight that glorified sunflower.
I'm still crashing ;O After this patch, I enter the game and after a few seconds I got "an error has occurred" message and the game closes. It started after the patch, but later yesterday I was able to log in and play; thought it was fixed. But today it is happening again, same issue: I enter any character, and as the textures are loading it crashes, 5-10 seconds later. I tried cleaning caches and using PackCheck, but no success. I hope the situation normalizes for me before league launch :(
Last edited by UntoTheCruel on Apr 7, 2021, 2:42:07 PM
just a little feedback: texture loading is significantly WORSE after the patch
Nice
Last edited by Whiblasian on Apr 9, 2021, 5:58:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info