3.13.2 Patch Notes

"
typical GGG......doesn't give a flying fuck about what their community is doing, or wants.

sigh

how do you make it through a day without sobbing and bursting into tears at the first sign of something not going your way? a bit dramatic :)
"
Baristo wrote:
game gets better and better <3 GGG

can't tell if being serious or sarcastic...
Remove Archnemesis!
testing, testing
d:-D*
"
iisanoob wrote:
How do you launch the mac app in Rosetta? Get Info doesn't have the option in the .app file.

Does there need to be a new installer?

I just updated the game on Steam and launched it and it worked! And it runs perfectly so far.

Thanks to the team to support Mac users! :)

I have a Macbook Air M1 btw.
"
cropchoc wrote:
"
iisanoob wrote:
How do you launch the mac app in Rosetta? Get Info doesn't have the option in the .app file.

Does there need to be a new installer?

I just updated the game on Steam and launched it and it worked! And it runs perfectly so far.

Thanks to the team to support Mac users! :)

I have a Macbook Air M1 btw.

Oh maybe I have to use Steam and not the .dmg installer from the site
"
Various renderer systems have been made roughly 15-20% faster, which doesn't necessarily translate to a performance improvement for all users but anecdotally it seems like it's around 5% faster on average for us.

I don't want to sound like someone who is just whining, but the performance after the patch is actually worse than before it. To be fair, my PC is not amazing at all, but it is capable of running a game like Battlefield 5 at High settings with stable FPS.

To give you a few examples, I am now getting random stutters (using DX11) during Delirium encounters, when some of the conqueror mob packs spawn (most notably the Crusader ones, from what i've experienced so far), and during general high density mapping (I don't even "juice" my maps that much, can't even imagine what it would feel like in a 100% delirious map).

Apart from that, there seem to be some issues with texture streaming (various map objects were not loading for a long time and were just transparent), as well as loading the cosmetic items on your character.

Overall, not only did this patch not improve the performance, it even made it worse (at least for me, but I am sure there are others experiencing the same problems as well). Very disappointing.
Testing: GPU: RTX 2060 Super
CPU: Intel i5 2.8 Ghz, 4 cores
RAM: 12GB
Storage: SSD
Internet connection: 1Gbps upload/download (Speed tested on GGG servers 20ms ping, ingame, same servers 30-50 fluctuating ping)

Renderer: Vulkan

Before Patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

After miracle pre-patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

Testing results: 0% improvement, excellent patch like all other "performance" patches, GG at least there is no decrease in performance this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renderer: DX11

Before Patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

After miracle pre-patch: 59 FPS constant with limiter, drops to 20 when activating portals, using skills, hitting a pack of mobs, using crafting orbs, using movement skills, opening legion monoliths, opening strongboxes etc.. Basically spikes all over the place. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

Testing results: 2% improvement, if textures are preloaded it stays at 59 even fighting, etc.. however after a few runs of any content, EVERYTHING GETS RELOADED for some unknown reason. Loading times, ~1-2 seconds for zones.

Overall results: GGG OUR PCs should be responsible for holding textures, models, assets, FXs, etc. not your servers. That is your biggest issue.
It seems that in 8 years you still have not figured that out. I do understand your moving forward principle, HOWEVER in 1 month 1 single game dev could do that. You have 4 months between leagues, and more then one dev. Easy fix, stop streaming textures, make game 200GB large, keep randomizer only on server side. Once zone is loaded, server will draw from PC everything that it will need. Spikes will get fixed, FPS will be stable, people will be happy. Except those who give a fk about harvest...
"
iisanoob wrote:

Oh maybe I have to use Steam and not the .dmg installer from the site

Yes! Did it work?
0 performance in this patch EVEN WORST now i have in mmob packs FREEZES about 2-4 SECONDS THX GGG ! now i can another month don't playing this game !
v1tAm1n^
I can't enter the game the launcher closes automatically after the update

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info