Spell Totem

does anyone know if I have auras on the totem I cast also gain the aura?
"
NiSiSuinegEht wrote:
Has anyone tried a Detonate Dead Totem on massed groups of enemies? Would that work as ultimate corpse denial when fighting a Necromancer?

Yep, actually that was one of the few skills that actually worked with it when I got the drop on my ranger. It works pretty well, but it feels kinda like overkill - there's so much cool stuff to do with the gem that just using it to deny corpses seems a bit boring. I toyed with the idea of making my totem a pocket necromancer - putting it with summon zombie or suchlike. Gets rid of corpses while at the same time creating distractions. Unfortunately minions seem a bit wonky at the moment, so that totem corpse disposal plan is on hiatus for now.
"
JamFtw wrote:
does anyone know if I have auras on the totem I cast also gain the aura?

You do - but it only lasts as long as the totem does, and the casting cost is equal to the amount of mana it would have reserved. IMO, it's not a particularly practical way to use the totem, the mana cost is just way too high compared to, say, using a standalone skill like rejuvenation totem.
What affects these? Which passives? What keystones outside of Blood Magic? Does conduit work on them? Do defensive stats boost them? If I have necro aegis do they give my shield's stats to their minions?
The damage on my ice spear is substantially lower with the totem support connected than without. Are you guys sure it inherits your stats?

Also, does it benefit from Minion Damage passives?
"
Strill wrote:
The damage on my ice spear is substantially lower with the totem support connected than without. Are you guys sure it inherits your stats?

The shockwave totem doesn't benefit from spell damage, so I assume that any totem won't benefit from spell damage in the same way detonate dead doesn't. That's what's decreasing your damage. And minion passives do not affect the stats of a totem.
"
Umbraal wrote:
"
Strill wrote:

The shockwave totem doesn't benefit from spell damage, so I assume that any totem won't benefit from spell damage in the same way detonate dead doesn't. That's what's decreasing your damage. And minion passives do not affect the stats of a totem.
Totems casting spells will benefit from spell damage increases. The totem's damage is lower because in addition you your stats, the totem support gem has a "40% less damage" stat (not sure if this value changes as it levels).
The gem doesn't state that in its description anywhere so that seems to be a bug.
"
Umbraal wrote:
The gem doesn't state that in its description anywhere so that seems to be a bug.
Odd. It's definitely showing for me on the gem tooltip.

Update: This stat description is currently missing in beta and will be merged into an upcoming patch.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 15, 2012, 12:31:27 AM
Did anyone try this with fireball/ icespear + extra projectiles?

If you get 2 or 3 of those totems up shooting massive amounts of elemental projectiles and cast the elemental weakness curse yourself in the meantime, this seems like one hell of an overpowered combination.
ign:mptyspace

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info