Spell Totem

how to have a totem suport gem >"<
IGN: DungDajHjep
My shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/234026
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/176707
Find it or buy it.
"
I noticed this when playing around with the Totem support and other totems. It seems like a bug; it might not be. In this test, the totems were a Shockwave Totem (able to cast 1), Lesser Multi-Chaos Damage-Totem Fireball (able to cast 2) and Decoy Totem (able to cast 3)

Now, if any number of any kind of totems are up when I throw out a Shockwave totem, the others all disappear; however, if the Shockwave totem is placed first, then I can place the other totems out up to the number they can have. For example, I can put down a shockwave, then a fireball, then a decoy, provided I do it in that order. Similarly I can do two fireball then a decoy, a shockwave and 2 decoy, a shockwave and a fireball, or a fireball and two decoy (and that one won't matter what order I cast it in, since both have at least 2 provided I cast the last decoy at the end)
This is the current correct behaviour, but we'll be hopefully able to change that in future.
Interesting support skill. Very, very cool.

I was confused at first by the wording, I had to ask on chat what it means:

* Creates a Totem Which Uses This Skill

Slightly less confusing perhaps:

* Converts linked skills into a totem
* Linked skills are cast by a totem
"
Silty wrote:
Anyone tried a lightning warp totem?

It works. It teleports itself around you, quite funny.

After enemies are cleared at current location it doesn't move. If you walk a distance, and new enemies come into view it teleports at your new location so it's working fine.

My blue gems are low level though so I can't talk about the damage/efficiency.

"
Strill wrote:
The biggest difficulty I've found in using Totem is the long casting time for placing the totem combined with enemies killing the totem.

Casting time seems just about right. It's not too fast (would be OP), it's not too slow that, unless monsters are teleporting to you (Flicker Strike) you have time to cast one.

Casting time seems to be an issue with Decoy Totem because it doesn't instantly attract monsters so casting time + totem casting skill time means you can be hit once by monsters, but again I think it would be OP if the totem took effect earlier.

The "Totem" life time does seem shorter than the "premade" ones, so I have reverted to Decoy Totem as I am now in Merciless Act 1. Decoy Totem has proved to be extremely useful in pretty much all situations to take the damage off my melee ranger. It seems more reliable to distract enemies.

When I noticed that the "Totem" skill also acts as a decoy I thought it might be a little OP but the Decoy Totem seems to live longer (I'll have to make more thorough tests)... perhaps the lifetime of my "blue skill" totems was low du to the low level blue gem? Anyway if the lifetime is greater on Decoy Totem (and other "premade" totems) I think that balances things out and gives them an edge.

In last Act 2 Ruthless and early Act 1 Merciless I found Totem + Temporal Chains very useful against Ambushers, and the quest bosses.

If anything, I wish the Totem cast Temporal Chains with less fervor, perhaps only cast when an enemy in range has not been affected, so that it doesn't spam the same repetitive sound at such frequency but that's nitpicking.
"
DeF46 wrote:
"
Strill wrote:
The biggest difficulty I've found in using Totem is the long casting time for placing the totem combined with enemies killing the totem.

Casting time seems just about right. It's not too fast (would be OP), it's not too slow that, unless monsters are teleporting to you (Flicker Strike) you have time to cast one.
Have you seen the snakes in Chaos? They can get to you before you have time to cast, and kill the totem in a few shots on top of that.
@Strill No, I'm in Merciless.

Summon Skeletons with Totem: two pairs of sekeltons (gem is new, level 1), one pair gets replaced every second or so; so it seems this coupling doesn't really work.
I'm planning to do a totem-based templar; If I take the totem passive nodes, does the totem live longer/can I cast more totems, maybe of different skills?ù
btw this support gen should be useful with Spark, since it bounces, and ice spear since it penetrates enemiesand lightning strike too, but my question is:
if i but a mult-projectl on ice spear-spark-lighting strike, and then put totem too, does the totem launch aswell more projectiles of the skill?
It will because the entirety of the skill is cast by the totem (excluding the stat about summoning a totem obviously), including all supports.
"
Umbraal wrote:
It will because the entirety of the skill is cast by the totem (excluding the stat about summoning a totem obviously), including all supports.

nice thx for the info

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info