Spell Totem

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Spoiler
The totem is linked to you - it's casting your spells, not it's own. The totem always casts the spell exactly as you would if you cast it at that point.
If you change your applicable bonuses in any way, including by switching weapons, the totem's spells cast from that point will have the new values, just like yours would.

Thank you - it is as I expected.
I'm BACK :)
Me again because of the deployment time:

Maybe with to short deployment time it would be OP. Maybe Add 1-2sec CD but make it possible to reduce the deployment time with cast speed.
IGN: kReiZy
When linking Molten Shell and the Totem support, the cast should happen immediately when the totem spawns (not wait until enemies come in range) and should only be recast when the shell expires to give it a chance to break.

Please consider altering casting behaviour with this combination.
Is it intended that kills by your totem don't count as "yours"?
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
make it possible to reduce the deployment time with cast speed.
Cast speed already affects the time taken to summon totems.
"
c2games wrote:
Is it intended that kills by your totem don't count as "yours"?
Kills by your totem are your kills - if this is not working correctly in some cases then that's a bug. What specific thing are you seeing that leads you believe this is not occurring correctly?
"

The speed on the totem support doesn't work right.
I did some tests with 0,71 casttime and 0,48. The more speed i have, the more slowly it is casted.
With linked castspeed its really obvious this is a bug.

To make it clear, 0,71 is faster than 0,48. Thats not working as intended i think.

If i do the same without the totemsupport, just with icespear the speed difference of 0,71 and 0,48 is significant and 0,48 is faster. Working as intended

I can confirm that the kills by the totem count to the player. Just let the totem kill some mobs and look at your flask. They refill "for free" :>

edit: Yes it affects the time, but not as we player want it :p
edit2: same bug to decoy totem... don't have any more to test with but i think its a bug with all totems.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
Last edited by LadyDevimon on Aug 11, 2012, 10:49:29 AM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

totems have half your hp

ES too? or how does it work when u skill CI?

well they didn't use my witches es and i couldn't test with a CI character... so good question :D

I'm a CI witch and can tell you that my totems seem to have more than 1 hp. It probably uses half of your hp as if you didn't have CI.

I was fairly certain that Faster Casting had no effect on the amount of time I was stuck in the casting animation for Totem + Projectile Weakness, even though the skill icon showed that Faster Casting is being applied... will check again.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Aug 11, 2012, 5:12:56 PM
IMO the cast time for Totem renders it useless in higher difficulties. It just takes too long to cast & leaves you vulnerable to attack for too long. The totem is powerful with the right setup but the cast time outweighs its usefulness as it can often result in death.

To fix I would suggest making the cast time almost instant (the same as the current curse cast time would suit) but the time it takes for the totem to become 'active' could still incorporate the old cast time if needs be.

Really think this needs attention asap. Thanks.

EDIT: Didn't realise the Totem cast was bugged. I have high cast speed & was suffering with an ultra slow cast time. Can't believe how much better it is now, so fast. It's totally revamped my build & made it a ton stronger...thanks.
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Aug 13, 2012, 7:57:07 PM
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
"

I did some tests with 0,71 casttime and 0,48. The more speed i have, the more slowly it is casted.
Gadzooks, you're right!

Cast speed modifiers were applied backwards to totem summoning time (and trap laying speed was similarly backwards for throwing traps/placing mines). This is fixed locally and should be in the next small patch.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
"

Gadzooks, you're right!

Cast speed modifiers were applied backwards to totem summoning time (and trap laying speed was similarly backwards for throwing traps/placing mines). This is fixed locally and should be in the next small patch.

I couldn't help it but laugh. Sorry.

Anyway, good to see the fix coming, I was wondering why my 100% cast speed boosted totem was casting so HORRIBLY slow.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info